Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this the future :(

• 24-04-2013 1:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

I don't know if anyone has had the following experience?

I was doing my usual morning swim (Ocean fitness Galway) and i kept hearing a high pitched beeping every couple of mins. At first i tried to ignore it then as it got more irritating i tried and figure it out.

I came to the conclusion it was from one of the triathletes (i also participate in Tri) who was wearing what seamed to be a waterproof GPS watch (with a Lap alarm on?).

I don't know if it's me but I find it annoying when i'm running and these things are going off but while i'm swimming it's really intrusive.

So the question is: Is the future of the swimming pool going to be flooded with High pitched beeps like a frantic pod of dauphins? gone will be the peaceful morning swim :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭pc11

Every couple of minutes? That's not much really. That said, people should always consider others and minimise their impact on them. If using such a watch, please use sparingly and turn down the volume.

But, I'm sure there are 10 things more annoying in the pool, frankly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭Tinder

Probably on of these maybe
    http://www.finisinc.com/tempo-trainer.html

Just got one for myself and it is a good motivator to pace your 100's on a long swim.

Not sure if it is upsetting anyone as you can barely hear the beep, and don't think the volume is adjustable.

Anyway if your swimming hard enough you should not hear anything but the screaming in your head, the soundtrack to Rocky or Chariots of Fire or the speech from any given sunday..

“Are you crying? Are you crying? There's no crying, there's no crying in swimming tears are just more water to swim in... stop crying about the beep...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭okane1

Tinder wrote: »
    Probably on of these maybe
    http://www.finisinc.com/tempo-trainer.html

Just got one for myself and it is a good motivator to pace your 100's on a long swim.

Not sure if it is upsetting anyone as you can barely hear the beep, and don't think the volume is adjustable.

Anyway if your swimming hard enough you should not hear anything but the screaming in your head, the soundtrack to Rocky or Chariots of Fire or the speech from any given sunday..

“Are you crying? Are you crying? There's no crying, there's no crying in swimming tears are just more water to swim in... stop crying about the beep...;)

Have the same device myself. Great investment if training by yourself and keeping pace on long sets. It's noise isn't too loud, you need it pretty near your ear to hear the sound.

Advertisement