Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Hidalgo wrote: »
    The Guardian have a line that Madrid are interested in Cavanni.
    Might not be the best news for Suarez

Might be exactly what he wants to hear if told they're lining up both Cavani and him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

The Guardian have a line that Madrid are interested in Cavanni.
    Might not be the best news for Suarez

Has there been anything at all said by Madrid regarding an interest in Suarez? They're usually pretty vocal about their targets, but everything I've heard so far seems to be coming from Suarez himself. He's going to look like a bit of a divvy if none of the big European clubs make an offer.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Has there been anything at all said by Madrid regarding an interest in Suarez? They're usually pretty vocal about their targets, but everything I've heard so far seems to be coming from Suarez himself. He's going to look like a bit of a divvy if none of the big European clubs make an offer.

If I remember correctly, the Madrid president came out a few days after all this started and said something along the lines of 'thanks but no thanks'

Here's what he said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Maybe his behavior IS actually a put off for other clubs. I'm a cynic and would have thought otherwise, but now I'm not 100% sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Didn't Suarez say something about Cavani and Madrid in his first interview a couple of weeks ago?

They both wouldn't have been tapped up surely and we are now seeing Madrid make their first move?

I think Madrid are only waiting to land a new manager and president and then you will see some movement.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    urep0ifhirwonvcpiadbvknea;kfcnoe[WQ!!!!!

That is all.

Smart chap that Rafa fella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/pitchside-europe/transfer-probabilities-cavani-suarez-both-set-move-162117161.html

I've thought Suarez is a dead cert to go. Bookies not entirely sure though. He's still odds on but there may be a chance he'll stay.
    My fear is the strop he'll throw if he doesn't get his way. Really mixed feelings about him now, there's no doubting his quality/value to the team but he has to accept some responsibility for what we achieved last year.......which was very little.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

If Suarez is with us next season I'll be happy. But I think he'll be going during either of the following windows if he is. :(

I hate Liverpool being fooked with like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Has anyone heard anything about that young Kiwi lad we were supposedly close to signing - Rojas?
    He got the player of the year and young player of the year in the A-league this year.

There was rumours he had agreed to sign with us, hence the trip to Melbourne in pre-season. According to the twinternet his contract ended with Melbourne on April 30th so thought if we had of signed him something would have been said by now. £500,000 the rumoured deal a couple of months back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Suarez
    > The new Peter Odemwingie :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

gimli2112 wrote: »
    http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/pitchside-europe/transfer-probabilities-cavani-suarez-both-set-move-162117161.html

I've thought Suarez is a dead cert to go. Bookies not entirely sure though. He's still odds on but there may be a chance he'll stay.
    My fear is the strop he'll throw if he doesn't get his way. Really mixed feelings about him now, there's no doubting his quality/value to the team but he has to accept some responsibility for what we achieved last year.......which was very little.

Hold on. Are you blaming Suarez for our less than successful season?

Really?

Did you watch him last season? I don't think he could have done anymore any time he was on the pitch tbh.

Mind boggling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

No I'm not but would we have preformed better if he hadn't been suspended for a quarter of the season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Kess73 wrote: »
    But might have the answer to the Aspas question also. :D

He and Celta Vigo are having a bit of a squabble over a bonus payment that was meant to kick in if the club stayed up. The club seemingly don't want to pay, and he is insisting they do.

You would imagine that sort of thing would be formal and binding! I can't see that taking too long to resolve...

I really want a signing though, I want to see the photos of Ayre's hand being shook, of Rodgers looking unnecessarily friendly to the player, and of pens being held inches from paper...

Hold on. Are you blaming Suarez for our less than successful season?

Really?

Did you watch him last season? I don't think he could have done anymore any time he was on the pitch tbh.

Mind boggling.

As gimli has said, he has been off the pitch too much, self inflicted. I agree that when on the pitch, he's been incredible.

If he had none of these other failings, he'd be worth £70M.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

gimli2112 wrote: »
    No I'm not but would we have preformed better if he hadn't been suspended for a quarter of the season?

We had absolutely nothing to play for by the time he got suspended.

• Advertisement

RTE dropping their premier league show....TV3 will probably take it id imagine and do a sh*tty cheapass job.

http://www.independent.ie/business/media/rte-axes-its-premier-league-show-to-save-station-13m-a-year-29341140.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

it should be patently obvious to everyone by now that Suarez is basically doing the exact same thing he did when he was at Ajax and wanted a move.

he wants Madrid, just like he wanted us.

it really is up to them now.

and Suarez has been incredible on the pitch. he takes pretty much no blame for our deficiencies. remember, he was our one actual striker for about half a season too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Anyone get tickets to the Liverpool Celtic game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,880 ✭✭✭RayCon

Anyone get tickets to the Liverpool Celtic game?

Had a quick look ... seems to have sold out fairly sharpish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

RayCon wrote: »

I think both clubs were given 10,000 tickets so not sure whats aviva holds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,722 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I keep getting offered premium tickets at the far end. Not much use to me.

SlickRic wrote: »
    it should be patently obvious to everyone by now that Suarez is basically doing the exact same thing he did when he was at Ajax and wanted a move.

I don't think this is like when he left Ajax. I believe we initiated that, and he made sure it happened. But Real haven't even said they are targetting him, it's all him talking, hoping they will step up and bid an acceptable price. It's a very risky move on his part, unless he has a release fee in his contract and he's sure they would pay that (once they have a manager)...

SlickRic wrote: »

it really is up to them now.

and Suarez has been incredible on the pitch. he takes pretty much no blame for our deficiencies. remember, he was our one actual striker for about half a season too.

Did he vocally push for a move out of Ajaz?
    And, did he name drop Liverpool then the way he's doing with Madrid now?

I don't see any concrete movement till after the Con Fed cup myself, after that things could move quickly

Dickerty wrote: »
    I don't think this is like when he left Ajax. I believe we initiated that, and he made sure it happened. But Real haven't even said they are targetting him, it's all him talking, hoping they will step up and bid an acceptable price. It's a very risky move on his part, unless he has a release fee in his contract and he's sure they would pay that (once they have a manager)...

Players would be well aware of whos interested in them long before anything is said publicly.

Yea I got caught out with the release time, all week I heard 9:30 but it was at 9 grrr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

They have hardly sold out already have they??

Was planning on picking up a few today!! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Probably couldnt have afforded them anyway, after going a bit mad in Ticketmaster last week.

:/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Got my tickets for Celtic game, also got my tickets for Stevie G testimonial the week before in Anfield :)

A lot of search results were coming up as sold out for aviva game but eventually got sorted.

billy2012 wrote: »
    They have hardly sold out already have they??

Was planning on picking up a few today!! :(

Only being offerend premium behind the nets at the min. I cant believe how people thought this would not sell out fast

Only being offerend premium behind the nets at the min. I cant believe how people thought this would not sell out fast

I had an idea it would sell out, but I didn't imagine it would sell out this quick.

I'm so pissed of right now. I was really looking forward to see Pool play as I never get the chance to see them in Ainfield. I actually have a sick feeling in my stomach!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Just got mine, system was frustrating so had to pay €55 rather than €10 for my u16 brother, but will save us price of a flights to LIV for another year...

"I seen the Fax"

Anyone remember Rodgers saying the above last summer when questioned about another club asking for Suarez's services, and how LFC acted fast by giving Suarez a better/renewed contract.

Could that club have been Madrid last season? and Suarez is in the hope of reigniting their interest?

Either that or he has defo been tapped up cause he really is going out on a limb for Madrid.

Leiva wrote: »
    "I seen the Fax"

Anyone remember Rodgers saying the above last summer when questioned about another club asking for Suarez's services, and how LFC acted fast by giving Suarez a better/renewed contract.

Could that club have been Madrid last season? and Suarez is in the hope of reigniting their interest?

Either that or he has defo been tapped up cause he really is going out on a limb for Madrid.

Yep I remember that alright. You could well be right there.
    As I said earlier...a player of Suarez calibre will know who wants him. Tapped up no doubts at all - thats the way it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Leiva wrote: »
    "I seen the Fax"

I think that was Manchester City.

Besides, Perez and Zidane had already made their Intentions known, and it's Gareth Bale. Suarez is just an Afterthought right now to Real Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Reds step up pursuit of trio

Liverpool FC are set to step up their pursuit of Tiago Ilori and Henrikh Mkhitaryan as Brendan Rodgers’ summer revamp at Anfield gathers pace.
    And the Reds also hope to find out in the next 24 hours whether their bid to sign Spanish starlet Luis Alberto from Sevilla has been successful.
    Rodgers is eager to get a sizeable chunk of his transfer business done early, and having returned from a family holiday at the weekend, is hopeful of making progress on a number of fronts in the coming days.
    Iago Aspas’ £7.7m move from Celta Vigo is on the verge of completion, though a delay in finalising the paperwork means the deal has not been confirmed by the club yet. Aspas returned to Spain late on Wednesday evening, with his brother and agent, Jonathan, citing “bureaucratic issues” for the delay.
    Liverpool, however, still expect the deal to go through.
    Their next priority is to secure a deal for Ilori. The Reds have been locked in negotiations with the defender’s club, Sporting Lisbon, and believe they are close to agreeing a fee for the 20-year-old.
    Sporting had initially wanted a deal worth around 5m Euros (£4.2m), but Liverpool’s initial bids have been closer to the £3m mark.
    But with the player having privately indicated his desire to move to Merseyside, a compromise deal should be agreed in the next few days.
    And Liverpool could look to follow that with a move for Shakhtar Donestk star Mkhitaryan. The Reds had the midfielder scouted during Armenia’s 4-0 World Cup qualifying win over Denmark in Copenhagen on Tuesday, and are ready to step up their interest in the 24-year-old.
    Mkhitaryan would not come cheap, with Shakhtar likely to demand around £20m. But with Luis Suarez’s future unclear, and Andy Carroll edging closer to completing a move to West Ham United, Rodgers is ready to redouble his efforts to sign the highly-rated playmaker.
    The deal for Luis Alberto, meanwhile, looks set to hinge on the next 24 hours.
    Alberto spent last season on loan with Barcelona, and the Catalans have an option to make the move permanent for a pre-agreed fee.
    That option, however, expires today. And should Barcelona fail to exercise it, then Liverpool are confident the 20-year-old midfielder will make the switch to Merseyside.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-step-up-transfer-4307774

MD1990 wrote: »

Would be really really nice to wrap up these 3-4 players in the next 3-4 weeks.

So much better getting business done early if possible.

Good to see business being done, or at least trying to get done in time, less chance of being screwed as you could be late in the window as desperation sets in.

It would be nice to have concrete links to defenders though, apart from Toure, anything definitive seems to be an the attack front.
    It would be good to get the Carroll deal finalised also, that way the club know exactly where they are financially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,825 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Got my tickets - looking forward to this exhibition big time.

Good to see business being done, or at least trying to get done in time, less chance of being screwed as you could be late in the window as desperation sets in.

It would be nice to have concrete links to defenders though, apart from Toure, anything definitive seems to be an the attack front.
    It would be good to get the Carroll deal finalised also, that way the club know exactly where they are financially.

The Llori thing is widely reported and seems to me to have some truth in it. Thats 1 def and of course Papa from Greece is another and has been qouted quite a bit but not sure about that one, could just be internet cr*p.

Would love to see the Carrol thing wrapped up by July too. Apparently fee is agreed and its down to wages now. Possible he is holding out for Newcastle though and he can easily wait out the summer if he's been told by Newcaslte they will buy him after they sell some players.

• Advertisement

Does anybody know what end pool fans are??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Really makes you despair for the money spent on rubbish during Dagliesh's reign when you see some of the value buys Liverpool are making under Rodgers. The difference in prices paid for Aspas/Coutinho versus Carroll/Downing is eye-watering.

billy2012 wrote: »
    Does anybody know what end pool fans are??

The deep end :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Got through to buy tickets but stupid ticket master will not accept my card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭klose

@SkySportsNews: Hearts to consider bids for all players due to a 'shortfall in funding' #ssn

Thats ngoo staying with us anyways.

If ticketmaster are running this match like a gig theyll probably drip dry release tickets

• Advertisement

gafferino wrote: »
    The Llori thing is widely reported and seems to me to have some truth in it. Thats 1 def and of course Papa from Greece is another and has been qouted quite a bit but not sure about that one, could just be internet cr*p.

Would love to see the Carrol thing wrapped up by July too. Apparently fee is agreed and its down to wages now. Possible he is holding out for Newcastle though and he can easily wait out the summer if he's been told by Newcaslte they will buy him after they sell some players.

Llori will hardly be expected to start surely??
    Ya the Papa one has been hot and cold like a Katy perry song.
    Good to see tooing and frooing regarding prices anyhow, are Liverpool learning the art of negotiation.

klose wrote: »
    @SkySportsNews: Hearts to consider bids for all players due to a 'shortfall in funding' #ssn

Thats ngoo staying with us anyways.

I think Ngoo is a good option for us for cup games, as a central striker with Borini and Sterling, or similar, giving the width. He holds the ball up well, and he's quite a smart finisher.

As for Hearts - has Wilson become the first rat to JOIN a sinking ship?

But when we sign him, it'll mean Fireworks! :D

Good to see tooing and frooing regarding prices anyhow, are Liverpool learning the art of negotiation.

No Id imagine Llori to be backup to Agger and Papa/Skrtel/A.N. Other.

I think we are actually finally starting to learn how to negotiate and pay decent fees. Only took 20 years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Really makes you despair for the money spent on rubbish during Dagliesh's reign when you see some of the value buys Liverpool are making under Rodgers. The difference in prices paid for Aspas/Coutinho versus Carroll/Downing is eye-watering.

Yep l think no can say we are not getting some value now in the market. What went on before was crazy. Rogers could prove to the shrewdest manager in the transfer market since Wenger

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement