Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Leiva wrote: »
    gets better...:(
    I wish that things didn't end the way they did with Kenny. He may not have been manager material, but he definitely had a role at this club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

:confused:

First I've heard of that, I actually thought Roy and Kenny were mates at the time.

Not really. If you think back you may remember Hodgson trying to bull****e people into thinking that Rafa ran Kenny out of the club, and that Hodgson was the man who brought Kenny back.

Then people like Kenny's son, Paul, all became quite vocal about Hodgson making stuff up, and within a few days Hodgson was mumbling an aplogy to Rafa through the media. Similar to how Hodgson would come out against various player etc (like he did with Johnson) and then be tripping over himself with some half arsed apology a few days later.

I think the man's ability to be a complet idiot through the media had not been noticed to many of us due to him having a lower profile at most of his other clubs, but by August we certainly knew how much of a bullsh1tter he was in terms of saying one thing and then saying something very different within a few days.

Not to mention his greatest gem about how a loss in the merseyside derby was actually a good performance and that Liverpool suppporters should not see a derby game as being any different to any other game.

Easily the worst manager I have seen at the club during my lifetime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Kess73 wrote: »
    Not really. If you think back you may remember Hodgson trying to bull****e people into thinking that Rafa ran Kenny out of the club, and that Hodgson was the man who brought Kenny back.

Then people like Kenny's son, Paul, all became quite vocal about Hodgson making stuff up, and within a few days Hodgson was mumbling an aplogy to Rafa through the media. Similar to how Hodgson would come out against various player etc (like he did with Johnson) and then be tripping over himself with some half arsed apology a few days later.

I think the man's ability to be a complet idiot through the media had not been noticed to many of us due to him having a lower profile at most of his other clubs, but by August we certainly knew how much of a bullsh1tter he was in terms of saying one thing and then saying something very different within a few days.

Not to mention his greatest gem about how a loss in the merseyside derby was actually a good performance and that Liverpool suppporters should not see a derby game as being any different to any other game.

Ugh, that all makes me dry heave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Ugh, that all makes me dry heave.

That is exactly how it was.

@Kess
    God bless your clarity of memory. Im amazed at myself how much I have banished Woy's time at Liverpool from my mind, but you have laid it out exactly how the man was, how I remember forget it, and how it panned out.

Yuck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Jaysus lads, some scoffing at Nani playing for Liverpool with figures of 8.5 million floating around.

I'd absolutely hate Nani to go to Liverpool for the two painstakingly obvious reasons that we'd be losing by far our best winger, who we couldn't replace for under 30 million, and that he'd significantly improve your attack. Nani is up there with the best wingers on his day, to argue against that is just stupid. A front 4 of Suarez, Nani, Coutinho and Sturridge is worthy of a top 4 finish.

Downing over Nani? well that is an idiosyncratic belief if ever I saw one. Someone stick up the video of Downing's goals and assists in his 36 appearances from 11/12 season for the laugh. Last time I checked a wingers main job in a team 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 in Liverpool's case is to score and/or create goals. Some would be quick to say Nani isn't consistent at scoring or assisting therefore he isn't a good winger, then go on to say Downing is a good one because he defends well and can pass the ball 5 yards.

The bids on the table for him are 8.5 million from overheard rumours, Liverpool could put a bid in of 10-12 million and the club would have to consider it. Show the clubs intentions of becoming a top 4 team again, sign world class talent. If I was a Liverpool fan I'd be expecting a bid on Nani, not laughing it off. If you're going to buy Aspas for 8 million then why not go for Nani.

There's a lot of people who's posts in here I genuinely like to read through. Some great opinions. But then there's the others that annoy me with the stuff you'd expect from a 10 year old "don't sign that poncy Nani fella he's shíte and and a crybag and worse of all he plays for that scum United". You know the type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Pedalstool

I don't know why people are so hard on Hodgson. He gave me one of my greatest moments as a Liverpool supporter, “that famous victory against Trabzonspor”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Isn't it gas when a utd player is mentioned on here and the lads step out of the shadows to have a whinge.

They are only defending truth, justice, and the united way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

I'm full of good news today....

tumblr_inline_mhekmwfQ5m1qz4rgp.gif

It just shows how badly the club was being run at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

If only Pellegrini had come in, would be ideal to have him in now and Kenny upstairs without having to come back into the managers seat.

Root cause of all this madness is the way the club was to G&H. That, more than managerial merry go rounds, has stopped us from becoming title challengers with a redeveloped stadium and has reduced us to fighting tooth and nail for a poxy 4th place spot and an early start to the summer in the champs league qualifiers.

That was one of the worst days in our footballing history, selling the club to those 2 rats.

That is exactly how it was.

@Kess
    God bless your clarity of memory. Im amazed at myself how much I have banished Woy's time at Liverpool from my mind, but you have laid it out exactly how the man was, how I remember forget it, and how it panned out.

Yuck.

Some things are best not forgotten if one does not wish to repeat them done the line.

Can say with confidence that I have never felt the kind of unrest in the home support as that felt from September 2010 to December 2010. Rodgers had a similar bad start, but one thing we never saw from Rodgers was a big smile after defeats or a man just sitting there rubbing his face constantly. Rodgers looked angry with losses, Hodgson seemed to accept them as being ok and that contrast in attitude was, imo, the difference between getting the support of the match goers overr getting their scorn.

The man had alarm bells ringing when he started, during the preseason, talking about defeats and draws being acceptable results. His comments after the Merseyside derby was when he 100% lost me. Was spitting mad when I heard his idiotic comments at the time, and think I spent the next two or so months on here ranting about him.

“They’ll be a formidable challenge” ( Northampton Town)

"A famous victory" (1-0 at Bolton)

You know you have the wrong manager at Liverpool FC when he comes out with stuff like this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,274 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Some things are best not forgotten if one does not wish to repeat them done the line.

Can say with confidence that I have never felt the kind of unrest in the home support as that felt from September 2010 to December 2010. Rodgers had a similar bad start, but one thing we never saw from Rodgers was a big smile after defeats or a man just sitting there rubbing his face constantly. Rodgers looked angry with losses, Hodgson seemed to accept them as being ok and that contrast in attitude was, imo, the difference between getting the support of the match goers overr getting their scorn.

The man had alarm bells ringing when he started, during the preseason, talking about defeats and draws being acceptable results. His comments after the Merseyside derby was when he 100% lost me. Was spitting mad when I heard his idiotic comments at the time, and think I spent the next two or so months on here ranting about him.
    You mean you were the Mr Alan and Lloyd of 2010?? Hope for them yet then.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Christ Kess, reading your post on Woy gave me both a great sense of dread and massive relief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I value Mr Alan, Lloyd and Daithjill opinions in here, and they are yet to be proven wrong, and we all need to hope to hell they are not proven right.

now I'm saving my 10,000th post for something special. I know what it is and have everything crossed.

see ya's

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

*starts deleting Leiva's posts*

Pedalstool wrote: »
    I don't know why people are so hard on Hodgson. He gave me one of my greatest moments as a Liverpool supporter, “that famous victory against Trabzonspor”.

That is true, and the same man also praised a historic away win over Bolton and an away draw at Utrecht. Magnificent stuff really.

That is true, and the same man also praised a historic away win over Bolton and an away draw at Utrecht. Magnificent stuff really.

I was always amazed how someone I believed would be a safe pair of hands in the short term, turned out to be such a bumbling idiot. The intensity of a job like Liverpool really highlights your deficiencys. How he got the England job is beyond me. I wish him well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

What were people expecting from hodgson, the owners didn't give him any money, the fans never got behind him either, also didn't he have a similar points total as kenny after kenny spending over a hundred million?

Oranage2 wrote: »
    What were people expecting from hodgson, the owners didn't give him any money, the fans never got behind him either, also didn't he have a similar points total as kenny after kenny spending over a hundred million?
    “I don’t think Fernando Torres will be the only striker they target, and I don’t think that we will be the only club that will be worried their striker can be targeted. I am not naive to believe there won’t be any danger and we will never lose a player like Torres, I understand these things can happen.”

He just didn't get what managing Liverpool was about.

• Advertisement

Lets see who falls for it

rarnes1 wrote: »

Fall for what?

Its a question on a discussion site looking for peoples opinions.

Any update on the Sturridge injury?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

This type of shyte is even sillier now then it was back then. As if we should have been happy with the shyte football, shyte results, player unrest, shyte transfers and completely patronising and pathetic interviews to the media at the time.

It's as if we had a cheek to expect a manager who served up nothing but than a big steaming shyte sandwich.
    rarnes1 wrote: »

Do i win a prize :pac:

This type of shyte is even sillier now then it was back then. As if we should have been happy with the shyte football, shyte results, player unrest, shyte transfers and completely patronising and pathetic interviews to the media at the time.

It's as if we had a cheek to expect a manager who served up nothing but than a big steaming shyte sandwich.

Thats some serious alliteration. Bravo.

Not really, as when I am wrong, I can still fall back on the fact I am amazingly handsome and utterly devoid of any sense of modesty.:D

Would go as far as to say that I make Handsome Bob look a minger. :pac:

G.K. wrote: »
    *starts deleting Leiva's posts*

The trick is to wait until he posts his milestone post, then delete a few of his older posts.

Or just get a few mods onboard across the site and he could be kept on 9,999 forever :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Johnson is studying for a degree in Maths. Fair play to him. I can't imagine being able to motivate myself to do much else than play football if I was getting the kind of money premiership footballers are on.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/glen-johnsons-liverpool-team-mates-test-1953045

Well I'll leave it at this if people don't want to discuss it but in my opinion I don't think hodge was as bad as he was made out, though I do agree he wasn't great either, personally I think kenny done a lot more damage during his tenure then Roy did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Well I'll leave it at this if people don't want to discuss it but in my opinion I don't think hodge was as bad as he was made out, though I do agree he wasn't great either, personally I think kenny done a lot more damage during his tenure then Roy did.

Thanks, man.

• Advertisement

Some people should need a licence for opinions.

Indeed...
    Turtyturd wrote: »
    Some people should need a licence for opinions.

Johnson is studying for a degree in Maths. Fair play to him. I can't imagine being able to motivate myself to do much else than play football if I was getting the kind of money premiership footballers are on.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/glen-johnsons-liverpool-team-mates-test-1953045

He could spend some of that spare time learning to defend the back post a bit better. He's a decent player but I think we could do better than him if I was honest.

Fair play to him pushing himself off the field academically. I wish him well.

Indeed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

He could spend some of that spare time learning to defend the back post a bit better. He's a decent player but I think we could do better than him if I was honest.

who do you think we could get that is better? baring in mind what he offers us in the the current system where the full backs are encouraged to attack

Turtyturd wrote: »

You wouldn't mind describing this no doubt hilarious gif, I'm currently on my phone and it won't show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

You have 20 pounds, Glen. The toilet seat costs 10 pounds. How many pounds have you got left?

Glen: "20 pounds"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Fair play to him pushing himself off the field academically. I wish him well.

At times from march onwards i felt like banging my head off the wall watching him play but when hes back to his normal self after summer hopefully theres not much better available then him imo.

redzerdrog wrote: »
    who do you think we could get that is better? baring in mind what he offers us in the the current system where the full backs are encouraged to attack

Difficult to say, I don't think my knowledge of players is quite good enough to come up with good alternatives.

Though I always feel Liverpool look more secure with Kelly there.

We all know that Johnson is average at best defensively, however, just how good is he offensively? He certainly didn't contribute hugely this season.

• Advertisement

Difficult to say, I don't think my knowledge of players is quite good enough to come up with good alternatives.

Though I always feel Liverpool look more secure with Kelly there.

We all know that Johnson is average at best defensively, however, just how good is he offensively? He certainly didn't contribute hugely this season.

he is certainly better than average defensively i think he is massively under rated and Kelly isnt a patch on him

zabaleta apart I dont think there is a better rb in the league

redzerdrog wrote: »
    he is certainly better than average defensively i think he is massively under rated and Kelly isnt a patch on him

zabaleta apart I dont think there is a better rb in the league

In some ways you are right, there aren't many better right backs in the league. There is a dearth of quality at the moment in England. Johnson is a player with some good assets but his concentration is poor and he is at fault for conceding goals all too frequently.

Much like Daniel Agger, another player I think we could do better than. I know that opinion might not go down well but I believe he is far too passive. How many goals from set pieces did we concede this year as a result of him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

In some ways you are right, there aren't many better right backs in the league. There is a dearth of quality at the moment in England. Johnson is a player with some good assets but his concentration is poor and he is at fault for conceding goals all too frequently.

Much like Daniel Agger, another player I think we could do better than. I know that opinion might not go down well but I believe he is far too passive. How many goals from set pieces did we concede this year as a result of him?

i agree. we conceaded alot of goals due to agger and johnson not doing their job. mainly johnson

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Its fairly clear our defending needs major work. Rogers likes to commit players forward and create a more open game. This is great for creating goalscoring opportunities but left us short at the back many times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

For what it's worth I agree 100% with you. About Johnson and Agger.

Just catching up on todays posts...hmm...Stephen Ireland,Nani,Kess thinking he's handsome...must be a full moon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

You have 20 pounds, Glen. The toilet seat costs 10 pounds. How many pounds have you got left?

Glen: "20 pounds"
    Ahhhh the dirty fekker.

He should have bought the damn toilet seat:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

Southampton have signed Lovren, was linked with us once or twice. good signing for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

ManOnFire wrote: »
    Southampton have signed Lovren, was linked with us once or twice. good signing for them

Very interested to see who else they will sign now. Like you said, pretty good signing for them.

Ramirez last summer was a real coup too.

MarkY91 wrote: »
    i agree. we conceaded alot of goals due to agger and johnson not doing their job. mainly johnson

the previous season we had the best defence in the league I think it is the system rather than the two players mentioned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Seems alderweierld is off to leverkusen now (samii buying well i see, son also) hopefully well get papa and llori if so..

Really wanted a belgian :(

:pac:

klose wrote: »
    Seems alderweierld is off to leverkusen now (samii buying well i see, son also) hopefully well get papa and llori if so..

Really wanted a belgian :(

:pac:
    Be carefull what you wish for

Mignolet (sp?) is belgian isnt he

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement