Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

bluefinger wrote: »
    Think if you compare mignolet to de Gea he'd stack up pretty well but for 7 millions less.

De Gea is two years younger and probably, as far as I've seen, has the higher ceiling in terms of potential.

Still though, as of right now I'd agree. Not much between them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Apparently Ian Ayre was due fly out to Brazil but has cancelled the trip for business reasons.
    He probably has an appointment with an agent that doesn't work for a player Liverpool are looking to sign

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Knex. wrote: »
    De Gea is two years younger and probably, as far as I've seen, has the higher ceiling in terms of potential.

I think the benefit of buying Mignolet is the fact he has premier league experience and knows what to expect . De Gea has got alot of potential and could be one of the best keepers in the world . He did seem to struggle when he first moved to utd . Hopefully that won't be the case with mignolet if he joins .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Far less then he would have gone for had his replacement not already been signed. Clubs will know he's surplus to requirements, that the club want him off the wage bill, and wants out. Be lucky to get £5m imo

The other side of the coin is if Reina was sold other clubs could knock up the price of their keeper in the knowledge that Liverpool are stuck for a keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

They must finally be upgrading from Windows 98 to Windows 7.

Whoa hold your horses, ME or XP before 7 surely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Pedalstool wrote: »
    tariq panja ‏@tariqpanja 5m

Liverpool MD Ian Ayre was due to travel to Brazil for conference on Monday. Pulled out because of 'urgent club business'. No idea what

He's motorbike was in for a service!

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

5starpool wrote: »
    I have to admit to being less than knowledgeable about most of the players we are heavily linked with.

Don't worry, watch a few youtube clips and you'll be an expert on them like everyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Whoa hold your horses, ME or XP before 7 surely.

Vista :P

The 2 years in age difference is of little to no significance imo, for an outfield player then maybe, but for a keeper not really.
    In fact I'd prefer someone with 2 more years experience in a keeper provided he's been playing 1st team in that time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

I've just been reading a Sunderland forum and they're all pretty pissed off that Mignolet is leaving for only 10m. They seem to think he's worth way more.

What seems to be a bigger problem for them is it's us he's joining. They absolutely despise us :D

Hmmm, read that too. One worry about it was that more than one or two alluded to his **** distribution - one of Reina's greatest strengths and an important part of how Rodgers wants us playing. That said I've never watched Mignolet closely so I have no idea what his distribtution is like.

Hidalgo wrote: »
    The 2 years in age difference is of little to no significance imo, for an outfield player then maybe, but for a keeper not really.
    In fact I'd prefer someone with 2 more years experience in a keeper provided he's been playing 1st team in that time

In terms of career longevity, yes. But you'll be hard pushed to find a keeper with the same experience as De Gea at the same age.

The likes of Courtois comes to mind but I can't think of too many more. Even then he's yet to play regularly in CL and win a league, although he does have more international experience.

Edit: Quick glance and De Gea has 114 games in the top leagues (Spain and England) and 29 in Europe compated to Mignolet's 89 in England.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

I'm probably going to be slated for this, but I'm really nonplussed by the whole Suarez thing.

I said it before, I genuinely think that if were challenging in Europe and for the league and he was to stay around, he would end up as one of our greatest ever players. He's up there with Gerrard as the best I've seen in my lifetime.

Yet, I find myself not caring in the slightest with regards to his future, especially now with him running off to the media. He obviously wants to leave, and even if he stays this season he'll be gone the season after. If he does go for 40m, then we can start the inevitable rebuilding of our attack a season earlier.

Also, every ounce of abuse I will receive for this I'll probably agree with(Yes, including your mother is a hamster and your father smells of elderberries), its just that this is the way I feel.
    +1.

I agree with all this bar the elderberries part. In fairness he smell way way worse:D

As far as i am concerned, if he stays, great.

If he goes then we can buy a better class of player than we are currently linked with ie if we buy in the 15-20 million established player range rather than the 10 million grade with a lot of improvement to come.

And emphasise the if we get a better class of player.... and thats a big if.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

I've just been reading a Sunderland forum and they're all pretty pissed off that Mignolet is leaving for only 10m. They seem to think he's worth way more.

What seems to be a bigger problem for them is it's us he's joining. They absolutely despise us :D
    Well thats the way the beach ball bounces:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

5starpool wrote: »
    I like the general train of thought in the transfer window so far as well as the desire to get business wrapped up as soon as possible, but I still have some concerns about it. I have to admit to being less than knowledgeable about most of the players we are heavily linked with, although they do look like the sort of players that can cause opposition a lot of problems. There is a high likelyhood though that if we have 3/4 regular new starters in the team next year, along with Coutinho and Sturridge with only half a season, it could take some time to bed in again, leaving us in a similar no mans land situation as this season to an extent with the promise once again of 'next season it'll be better'.

If we add Mkhitaryan and one of our main CB targets as well as perhaps Alberto as well as keep Suarez, we will have a very creative team potentially. Losing Suarez would necessitate bringing in a better class of striker than we have been linked with thus far I think, although sadly won't be top tier talent.

In theory I'm looking forward to the new season immensely, but if we see Reina/Suarez/Skrtel all leave before the end of the window that could be tempered very quickly.

Similar in that I know nothing about the players but in a way it's a relief knowing nothing about the players rather than signing Downing, Adam, Carroll et all and having that feeling of disgust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

You'd have to wonder that at the rate Liverpool are attempting to spend money, are they fully expecting to sell him later in the window?

Mignolet, Aspas, Illori, Alberto, Mkihtaryan and perhaps Papadopolous? At a rough guess thats perhaps £60 million worth of talent.

We've spent £7.7m so far.

Hardly gonna break the bank.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Pedalstool

djPSB wrote: »
    We've spent £7.7m so far.

Hardly gonna break the bank.

My post contained two sentences but I don't think you've managed to understand either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Seems like Mignolet will be off once the current offer of £8m is raised to £10m. Local paper reported it first thing this morning (sorry, I'm just catching up as I haven't been on all day):

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/sunderland-afc/liverpool-set-to-agree-10m-fee-for-sunderland-s-mignolet-1-5770704
    LIVERPOOL are winning the race to sign Sunderland keeper Simon Mignolet and the Black Cats’ Player of the Season could be Anfield-bound within days.

Reds boss Brendan Rodgers has made the Belgian stopper one of his top targets of the summer, but faced potential competition from Arsenal who are also involved in a summer of rebuilding, with Gunners’ boss Arsene Wenger given a massive war-chest to transform the London side into title contenders.

Liverpool are looking to do their transfer business early this summer and made an opening bid of £6.5m hoping to do an early deal, while Arsenal made their interest known but have yet to take that further.

Sunderland rejected Liverpool’s offer out of hand for a player who was pivotal in keeping the club in the Premier League last season.

But the Reds have not been dissuaded and have tabled several improved offers, rising to £8m early this week.

Yesterday, the Merseysiders were prepared to go to £9m, but Sunderland are holding out for a fee in excess of £10m for a player Steve Bruce paid £2m for, three years ago this week.

Now it looks like Liverpool have accepted Sunderland’s valuation.

And with the Reds prepared to pay a fee which the Black Cats’ believe approaches the keeper’s market value, Mignolet appears on his way to Anfield.

Arsenal could always step in with an 11th hour bid, but their are no immediate signs on an intervention from the Emirates and, that being the case, the deal to take Mignolet to Liverpool is on.

The club’s hottest property has been the subject of intense speculation since the end of the season and talks on an extension to his contract at the Stadium of Light, which still has two years to run, had stalled as the player and his agents considered their options.

Mignolet’s chief agent, Guy Vandersmissen, said earlier this month that the keeper would not ask for a move but that the ball was firmly in Sunderland’s court.

“There is a contract so we have to respect that, but I don’t think at this moment we would be prepared to sign a new contract,” commented Vandersmissen.

“There is another two years on his contract, if they want us to stick to that, we will stick to that and perhaps leave after two years if there is an interest in Simon.”

Sunderland though would not want the 25-year-old, whose reputation grew by the month in the Premier League last season, to leave on a Bosman in a couple of years time.

And it will be hard for the Black Cats to reject a particularly big offer which would give Paolo Di Canio room for manoeuvre under the financial fair play restrictions and allow him to strengthen other areas of the team.

Mignolet’s exit could see top-quality understudy, Republic of Ireland keeper Keiren Westwood, promoted to number one with England Under 19 goalkeeper moving up to number two.

That remains the most likely option, although Di Canio could also look to bring in a replacement for Mignolet which will still leave him the bulk of the transfer fee, or even look to bring in another keeper as Westwood’s number two.

What is clear though is that Mignolet will not be going anywhere unless Sunderland receive an acceptable offer and Liverpool appear to have accepted that valuation as they urgently seek a genuine replacement for Kop cult hero Pepe Reina, who is now expected to leave this summer.

Mignolet has been happy at the Stadium of Light since joining the club from St Truiden three years this week.

But he is desperate to oust Chelsea’s Thibaut Courtis as Belgian number one before the 2014 World Cup finals and knows that a good move would improve his chances.

The Sunderland keeper had an excellent season just gone and was absolutely pivotal in keeping the Black Cats in the top flight by the skin of their teeth, thanks to many points saving performances over the course of the campaign.

But he knows that a move to a higher profile stage will enhance the international prospects which mean so much to him.

I can't blame him for wanting to go to Liverpool to be honest, it's not as if we will be able to match the level he should be playing at.

£10m is a good price too. He has only 2 years left on his deal and that price is only going to drop the longer time goes on, because there's virtually no chance that he's going to sign a new deal with so much interest in him. His agent's quotes translate to ''sell him now or lose him for nothing in 2 years.''

I do agree with those that say his distribution is not that good though, which is worrying when Rodgers said ''we play with 11 men, other teams play with 10 men and a goalkeeper.” That said, under Bruce all he was allowed to do was hoof the ball on to Elmohamady's head, and under O'Neill passing the ball in your own half was the equivalent of slapping him in the face, so perhaps with more opportunity to pass the ball we will see something different.

I wonder what this means for Reina then? He must be off surely? Hard to see Liverpool spending £10m on a goalkeeper and then not playing him.

Paully D wrote: »
    Seems like Mignolet will be off once the current offer of £8m is raised to £10m. Local paper reported it first thing this morning (sorry, I'm just catching up as I haven't been on all day):

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/sunderland-afc/liverpool-set-to-agree-10m-fee-for-sunderland-s-mignolet-1-5770704

I can't blame him for wanting to go to Liverpool to be honest, it's not as if we will be able to match the level he should be playing at.

£10m is a good price too. He has only 2 years left on his deal and that price is only going to drop the longer time goes on, because there's virtually no chance that he's going to sign a new deal with so much interest in him. His agent's quotes translate to ''sell him now or lose him for nothing in 2 years.''

I do agree with those that say his distribution is not that good though, which is worrying when Rodgers said ''we play with 11 men, other teams play with 10 men and a goalkeeper.” That said, under Bruce all he was allowed to do was hoof the ball on to Elmohamady's head, and under O'Neill passing the ball in your own half was the equivalent of slapping him in the face, so perhaps with more opportunity to pass the ball we will see something different.

I wonder what this means for Reina then? He must be off surely? Hard to see Liverpool spending £10m on a goalkeeper and then not playing him.

From Mignolets point of view, I doubt he intends going to Liverpool, in a world cup year and playing back up to Reina. If he wants to stake a claim for the Belgian number one shirt.

What are his concentration levels like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

In terms of career longevity, yes. But you'll be hard pushed to find a keeper with the same experience as De Gea at the same age.

The likes of Courtois comes to mind but I can't think of too many more. Even then he's yet to play regularly in CL and win a league, although he does have more international experience.

Edit: Quick glance and De Gea has 114 games in the top leagues (Spain and England) and 29 in Europe compated to Mignolet's 89 in England.

The likes of ter Stegan, Leno, and Ahamada would all be younger than De Gea and all are more experienced than DeGea was at their age, and all are pretty much first teamers for a number of seasons now.

Keepers like Rui Patricio, and Yann Sommer were as experienced as De Gea when they were his age and both had CL experience to their name at that age too.

He is really not unusually experienced for his age if one looks around the other European leagues, and he is not even unusually talented for his age (although he is talented and should get better) when one looks around the European leagues.

He stands out in England due to his age being seen as being very young for a keeper in English terms and the club he is at, but good to very good keepers with plenty of experience in the 21 to 24 range are not hard to find in the mainland European leagues as young keepers tend to get their chances if they are seen to be good enough, whereas in England any semi decent young keeper gets trumpted as the second coming of Shilton/Clemence/Seaman despite having eff all experience to their names. Look at all the hype about Butland despite him having no top level experience of note to back the hype. Hell think back to how the likes of Kirkland and Carson were seen as future top class keepers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I do agree with those that say his distribution is not that good though, which is worrying when Rodgers said ''we play with 11 men, other teams play with 10 men and a goalkeeper.”

That was just 'The Rodgers' criticising Reina.

The whole playing out from the back thing is a phrase which a lot of people seem to be buying into when in reality what happens is.

Reina passes to Agger

Agger passes to Reina

Reina passes to Skrtel

Skrtel passes to Reina

Reina passes to Johnson

Johnson passes to Reina

Reina gets put under pressure and hoofs to ball up the pitch.

It happens that often it would make a good drinking game.

• Advertisement

Kess73 wrote: »
    The likes of ter Stegan, Leno, and Ahamada would all be younger than De Gea and all are more experienced than DeGea was at their age, and all are pretty much first teamers for a number of seasons now.

Keepers like Rui Patricio, and Yann Sommer were as experienced as De Gea when they were his age and both had CL experience to their name at that age too.

He is really not unusually experienced for his age if one looks around the other European leagues, and he is not even unusually talented for his age (although he is talented and should get better) when one looks around the European leagues.

He stands out in England due to his age being seen as being very young for a keeper in English terms and the club he is at, but good to very good keepers with plenty of experience in the 21 to 24 range are not hard to find in the mainland European leagues as young keepers tend to get their chances if they are seen to be good enough, whereas in England any semi decent young keeper gets trumpted as the second coming of Shilton/Clemence/Seaman despite having eff all experience to their names. Look at all the hype about Butland despite him having no top level experience of note to back the hype. Hell think back to how the likes of Kirkland and Carson were seen as future top class keepers.

Don't get me wrong, I thought of a lot of those keepers myself, I just think that De Gea has more European games under his belt along with competing at the top end of the table in the two best European leagues.

I don't know a whole pile about Sommer if being honest. But Patricio I'll give you, albeit the Portuguese league is vastly inferior to La Liga and the PL imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

are we really going to sign mignolet to let him sit on the bench? surely signing him = reina leaving? if were paying 10 million on a sub keeper then that is some seriously retarded stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

From Mignolets point of view, I doubt he intends going to Liverpool, in a world cup year and playing back up to Reina. If he wants to stake a claim for the Belgian number one shirt.

What are his concentration levels like?

He hasn't got a hope of displacing Courtois for the #1 jersey for the World Cup IMO, regardless of if he plays every week for Liverpool or not. I think it's pretty much set in stone now, barring injury, that Courtois will get the nod.

Yeah, I don't think Mignolet will want to go and sit on the bench either so I presume Barcelona will try to see Valdes to Monaco and then go for Reina? Although personally I'm not a fan of Reina, he'd fit in with the way Barcelona like their goalkeeper to be good on the ball. I'm sure Liverpool will have a plan anyway if they're spending £10m.

As for concentration levels, it's hard to say. He never really got a break with us and always had to be on his toes, but I can honestly say I can only recall him making one big error in the 3 years he was at the club (West Brom). That is one of the main things that keepers moving from smaller clubs to bigger clubs have to prove - can you go from making 8-10 saves a game to only having to make 1 or 2 to potentially win the game, without concentration levels suffering. I guess we'll find out! He's generally always played well for Belgium though, which would be more telling.

mosstin wrote: »
    Hmmm, read that too. One worry about it was that more than one or two alluded to his **** distribution - one of Reina's greatest strengths and an important part of how Rodgers wants us playing. That said I've never watched Mignolet closely so I have no idea what his distribtution is like.

Would not be too worried about his distribution at a team like Sunderland. At least two of the managers he played under there favoured punting the ball on a regular basis. Mingolet has no problems with the ball to feet when he is with the Belgian national team.

In fact if one looks at the three current Belgian keepers (Courtois, Mignolet, and Gillet), they are all very very similar in style. All are excellent shot stoppers thanks to their excellent reflexes, all three are quick at coming out to intercept the ball (for the national team), all three are well able to receive the ball to foot and then quickly release it to a waiting player.

Even the likes of Casteels who looks like breaking into the Hoffenheim first team seems to have these qualities despite his 6'6 or 6'7 frame.

When people think back to past keepers with the Belgian national team, the same trend continues with the likes of Preud'homme being a great example of the agile, reflex heavy, mobile style that has been the trademark of all the best Belgian keepers for the past few decades.

Then again given the focus that is put on goalkeeping coaching in both Belgium and Holland it should not be surprising that their top keepers tend to be excellent shot stoppers who are comfortable with the ball to feet as long as they have players in front of them capable of engaging them.

He hasn't got a hope of displacing Courtois for the #1 jersey for the World Cup IMO, regardless of if he plays every week for Liverpool or not. I think it's pretty much set in stone now, barring injury, that Courtois will get the nod.

Yeah, I don't think Mignolet will want to go and sit on the bench either so I presume Barcelona will try to see Valdes to Monaco and then go for Reina? Although personally I'm not a fan of Reina, he'd fit in with the way Barcelona like their goalkeeper to be good on the ball. I'm sure Liverpool will have a plan anyway if they're spending £10m.

As for concentration levels, it's hard to say. He never really got a break with us and always had to be on his toes, but I can honestly say I can only recall him making one big error in the 3 years he was at the club (West Brom). That is one of the main things that keepers moving from smaller clubs to bigger clubs have to prove - can you go from making 8-10 saves a game to only having to make 1 or 2 to potentially win the game, without concentration levels suffering. I guess we'll find out! He's generally always played well for Belgium though, which would be more telling.

For Liverpool to be spending such a sum on a keeper shows how highly they rate him.

I agree with you that playing for Liverpool will be a totally different challenge for him.

I guess it might be good news for Ireland if Sunderland intend using Westwood as their number one keeper next season. I'm sure Di Canio would like to use Mignolets fee elsewhere in the team.

Don't get me wrong, I thought of a lot of those keepers myself, I just think that De Gea has more European games under his belt along with competing at the top end of the table in the two best European leagues.

I don't know a whole pile about Sommer if being honest. But Patricio I'll give you, albeit the Portuguese league is vastly inferior to La Liga and the PL imo.

Sommer and Patricio may have played in lesser leagues when they were in the 21 to 23 age bracket, but they were both standing out in the CL/EL at the time as well.

Leno only turned 21 this year and has both bundesliga and Champions league experience. Would rate his level of experience as being very comparable to what De Gea had in 2011 when De Gea turned 21.

ter Stegen also only turned 21 a few months ago, and he is already pushing towards 100 starts worth of experience in a very good league. Given it will be two seasons before he reaches the age De Gea turns this year, I would imagine by the time ter Stegen turns 23 he will most likely be a far more experienced keeper than De Gea at 23.

I think that De Gea will turn out to be a quality keeper in a few years (is already a good to very good one imho) but for me he is not unusual in terms of the experience he has for his age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Whatever your opinion on FSG, Rodgers and the rest, this is very impressive stuff from the club. A real focus and strategy in the transfer market. I don't think I've ever seen that at Liverpool before.

Fancy elaborating on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭nucker

I rather have Mignolet than Begovic in the squad

We should also get rid of Brad Jones

Well, they have really gone full steam ahead in the transfer market and it is still early days since the end of last season. I can't quite remember when Liverpool were signing players left right and centre (of the field) so early at the summer break

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Reports in Spain that deal agreed at 8million euro for alberto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

nucker wrote: »

Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

I rather have Mignolet than Begovic in the squad

Gulacsi is gone and nobody is sure whats the story with reina, id hold onto him tbh.

Borini is starting for italy u21s

This video is funny, a nine year old boy was interviewing BR

klose wrote: »
    Gulacsi is gone and nobody is sure whats the story with reina, id hold onto him tbh.

Borini is starting for italy u21s

Maybe, but I was thinking if Reina did stay
    Grayditch wrote: »
    Why?

I thought I rated him when he had his chance the previous season, but he made a few mistake last season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Grayditch wrote: »
    Why?

Because he wouldn't make my Junior soccer team :pac: He's a poor keeper in fairness , looks permanently nervous.

Well, they have really gone full steam ahead in the transfer market and it is still early days since the end of last season. I can't quite remember when Liverpool were signing players left right and centre (of the field) so early at the summer break

"Very impressive" it isn't though. Granted, it shows that they were prepared but it would be a critical failing if they didn't given their overall strategy.

It seems the club have identified their targets early and are working on securing those targets. While most other clubs are quiet, Liverpool are looking to get their business done quickly.

I don't remember that happening in previous windows. I might be wrong but if I am I don't recall it.

It seems the club have identified their targets early and are working on securing those targets. While most other clubs are quiet, Liverpool are looking to get their business done quickly.

I don't remember that happening in previous windows. I might be wrong but if I am I don't recall it.

It's positive assuming that we get quality. I think I remember the club surprising everyone when we got Torres?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

This video is funny, a nine year old boy was interviewing BR

That's the most I've seen Rodgers struggle with an interview since he got the job!!

• Advertisement

It's positive assuming that we get quality. I think I remember the club surprising everyone when we got Torres?

That was one signing though. By the looks of it, we could have up to 5 or 6 players in before July! If things go as they seem to be. The profile of the players is encouraging too.

Its in stark contrast to the dealings in the last number of years.

"Very impressive" it isn't though. Granted, it shows that they were prepared but it would be a critical failing if they didn't given their overall strategy.

I know they've signed Toure which is one of my biggest gripe, he isn't that good or ever was that good. Man City just wanted strength in depth

Seems the deal to sign Luis Alberto has been agreed between both clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Potential signings are all promising, but not enough interest in defensive players so far, but I'm sure it's going on behind the scenes.

As is advancing STADIUM in recent weeks, the harmony between Luis Alberto, Seville and Liverpool for the transfer of midfielder to Anfield was evident, the willingness of all parties was optimal and finally this afternoon has reached the understanding hundred hundred.
    Thus, this means can advance them that the arrangement is completely closed. The Liverpool Sevilla pay eight million euros for the player of San José del Valle over less than two kilos in concept variables. The fact is that Sevilla Luis Alberto sells for just under ten million euros, a figure quite generous in this day and age for a player than last year on loan at Barcelona B, which eventually failed to exercise the right to purchase 3.8 million by the player. Now Sevilla will take more than doubled.
    Luis Alberto signed for four or five seasons in the coming days with Liverpool, who hopes to officially handover early next week, once the player his signature on a new contract, the last step to initial an agreement and completely closed.

Seems evidence Sevilla player forms Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Good bit of business so far.

So has the pap rumours dried up?

• Advertisement

^^^
    So Alberto is being signed for less than two kilos in concept variables.

^^^

And people suggested Ayre didn't know what he was at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭mormank

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Ireland? Nani? To Liverpool?

:o

Oh and I actually rate Nani despite him being an utter ****. A deal isn't going to happen between us and United so talk of him especially is utterly pointless.

Well, it must be noted that I had low expectations of Sturridge :)
    I was disappointed with the signing given what I had seen before, spell on loan at Bolton aside of course.

To answer your question regarding Suarez first 6 months, it'd have to be a 10 out of 10. Sensational. While not surprising, he totally revitalised things in how way we approached games. His work rate meant he was constant threat even when he wasn't scoring or notching up assists.

Wow, you would give him the full 10 for his first six months with us? You do realise this isn't one of those scales that goes up to 11/10 right? Cos if he was 10 out of 10 for his first his months what on earth was for the pats 12 months? Just 10 out of 10 again I suppose....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

^^^

Yes,they've reached the understanding hundred hundred.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭mormank

Ormus wrote: »
    So if Suarez gets 10/10 for his first 6 months at Liverpool, what does he get for the first 7 months of last season? Please bear in mind that 10 is the most you can give out of 10.

Ha, just noticed this post after posting my reply to Nuri above....quite similar line of thinking

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement