Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

klose wrote: »
    His stats show that he largely punches the ball which i cant say im a fan of, can land you in a bit of trouble at times

As long as he keeps it and any follow ups out, I don't care what he does.

I know for some Suarez is bigger than the club and can do whatever he wants without criticism, but for me he should STFU.

If he wants to leave, hand in a transfer request.
    Otherwise, the £100,000 we pay him every week should be enough to buy some fckuing silence.

Id be interested to know who said Suarez was bigger than the club. No player will ever be.

If it feels good to hyperbole though carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

CSF wrote: »
    Less of a rush to sign Suarez also as he won't be available early on anyway.

I don't think any ban he would have to serve under another FA would really put too many teams off, if they're looking at Suarez as a 4-5 yr striker at your club, you'll take the hit of the first 6 games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

a very good Coutinho compilation
    he was a bargain at 8m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Pedalstool

Hidalgo wrote: »
    I don't think any ban he would have to serve under another FA would really put too many teams off, if they're looking at Suarez as a 4-5 yr striker at your club, you'll take the hit of the first 6 games

I think what might put teams off is his track record of getting bans and generally disgracing himself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

LiamoSail wrote: »
    He's boarding Peter odemwinge territory now. I hope for his sake sky Harry Redknapp aren't outside the bernabau on deadline day
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

MD1990 wrote: »
    a very good Coutinho compilation
    he was a bargain at 8m

He has improved Enrique's game a lot as well. Those two do work well together.

Enrique and Suarez have a fantastic understanding on the pitch. That was evident before Coutinho even came along

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

its pretty obvious whats happening in fairness, theres no way that Real have not reached out to him.

They are looking for him to force Liverpool's hand into letting him go on the cheap in the hope we'll be desperate to get rid of a disgruntled player for below market rate. He is probably a target for Madrid but not a priority.

We did similar ourselves with Gareth Barry a few year back, really unsettled him at Villa. He angled for a move and our bid never came. The very same could happen here.

The club absolutely must stay strong on this, if a bid of at least €50million doesn't materialise, then we need to be strong enough to insist the player stays. We should not be forced into a corner of allowing a player to leave below his market price.

And if I hear any guff about "good riddance, let him go if he doesn't respect the red shirt, if he doesn't wanna be here then we don't want him, we are Liverpool Football club" etc etc.. i'll go mad. A big club does things on their terms and will not be dictated to by one individual.

He has 4 years left on his deal. Either we get the fee we ask for or he honours his contract

This is spot on. I would add that Madrid are not the only player in town on this one. A proper bid could well come in from psg, monaco, or anzhi, so we need to hold firm on our valuation.

One of the brilliant banners which will be on display at the Premier League protest this Wednesday 19th June. All fans of all clubs welcome.

1608qoo.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Pedalstool wrote: »
    I believe Mkhitaryan, Coutinho and Luis Alberto will be given the task of replacing Suarez. I feel Rodgers prefers a powerful, quick forward like Sturridge up front with advanced midfielders or forwards operating behind him. Sturridge created so much space for Couthinho to operate in. I see Mkhitaryan, Luis Alberto and Coutinho all operating behind a lone striker. All interchangeable, all have goals and assists to their game.

What Liverpool may well do is add another forward in the Sturridge mould to the squad.

All hyperbole on my part of course.

I really hope this is not the case.

I am extremely happy with the players we have been linked with Mkhitaryan and Alberto (granted I would of preferred Mertens for similar money) but they can't be expected to replace Suarez.

When Sturridge is injured (on a fairly regular basis) it leaves us with only Borini upfront.

Compare this to what City, Utd, Chelsea upfront. Spurs are going to buy a couple of class strikers this window.

IMO we need a top top striker to replace Suarez if we have a chance of getting near top 4 next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Dub13 wrote: »
    One of the brilliant banners which will be on display at the Premier League protest this Wednesday 19th June. All fans of all clubs welcome.

Had to do a double take there, thought it was a League of Ireland banner.

What's the Premier League protest about?

billy2012 wrote: »
    I really hope this is not the case.

I am extremely happy with the players we have been linked with Mkhitaryan and Alberto (granted I would of preferred Mertens for similar money) but they can't be expected to replace Suarez.

When Sturridge is injured (on a fairly regular basis) it leaves us with only Borini upfront.

Compare this to what City, Utd, Chelsea upfront. Spurs are going to buy a couple of class strikers this window.

IMO we need a top top striker to replace Suarez if we have a chance of getting near top 4 next season.

There isn't really another forward out there that plays the same way Suarez does though. What I'm suggesting is that Liverpool will compensate for the loss of Suarez by shifting tactics a little. The way they did with Sturridge and Coutinho at the end of the season.

I agree Liverpool need to add another forward of quality should Suarez leave. But I see the majority of the money being spent of improving the team as a whole as opposed to spending a vast sum on another individual.

There isn't really another forward out there that plays the same way Suarez does though. What I'm suggesting is that Liverpool will compensate for the loss of Suarez by shifting tactics a little. The way they did with Sturridge and Coutinho at the end of the season.

I agree Liverpool need to add another forward of quality should Suarez leave. But I see the majority of the money being spent of improving the team as a whole as opposed to spending a vast sum on another individual.

I don't mean a player the same as Suarez, just another striker. I actually forgot about Aspas who is fairly similar to him. Regardless, I still feel we need a top striker to replace him when / if he goes.

The banner is about the ever increasing ticket prices afaik

I don't mean a player the same as Suarez, just another striker. I actually forgot about Aspas who is fairly similar to him. Regardless, I still feel we need a top striker to replace him when / if he goes.

I think Sturridge could be that top striker. I think he could score 25 goals next season if the club can manage his fitness correctly. If you spend £25 million on another striker, then where does that leave Sturridge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭mada999

nucker wrote: »
    This video is funny, a nine year old boy was interviewing BR

FRIEND?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Yet more cringe from SOS.

I think Sturridge could be that top striker. I think he could score 25 goals next season if the club can manage his fitness correctly. If you spend £25 million on another striker, then where does that leave Sturridge?

I agree. I think Sturridge is quality, I was one of the few who genuinely excited when he moved to us.

Regardless of how good he is, we need another striker.

As I said before, look at what the other top 4 guys have. They all have a few top strikers. This is what we need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

rarnes1 wrote: »
    The banner is about the ever increasing ticket prices afaik

I was wondering. Looked to me like a protest against bringing young kids into a pub :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Super-Rush wrote: »

Are you talking about the banner/protest?

Granted,some of the things they've done in the past have been "cringe" but why do you think this is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

If we have Sturridge as our main striker on September 1st that will be the end of any hopes of top 4.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    If we have Sturridge as our main striker on September 1st that will be the end of any hopes of top 4.

Don't rate him at all then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭The Rooster

The banner is ridiculous. Its having a go at pubs and TV companies instead of clubs.

IF YOU TOLERATE THIS YOUR CHILDREN WILL BE NEXT

High ticket prices are forcing children into pubs?

Live games being on television have nothing to do with high ticket prices. Live games being shown in pubs have nothing to do with high ticket prices.

Looks like the intention was to come up with a "please think of the children" banner. But the focus of the ire was misplaced!

Of course it might be nothing to do with ticket prices, certainly difficult to decipher from that banner! Maybe it is what it looks like - a protest against pubs showing football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Are you talking about the banner/protest?

Granted,some of the things they've done in the past have been "cringe" but why do you think this is?

That phrase is generally associated with more serious human rights situations. Probably why some people could be slighty put off by it being used here.

Don't rate him at all then?

I was championing him before the majority in this thread jumped on the band wagon...but he is a good secondary option, not the type of quality we need as our main player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Dub13 wrote: »

1608qoo.jpg

Really confusing message.

I was championing him before the majority in this thread jumped in the band wagon...but he is a good secondary option, not the type of quality we need as our main player.

I was very sceptical about him initially, I didn't rate him highly but he's impressed me. I think he's earned the chance to be our number one striker. 11 goals in 15 games? Thats pretty prolific. His all round game is quite good. I think to see the best from him you need to show confidence in him.

I think if he plays second choice he will decline as a player and move on quickly.

I was very sceptical about him initially, I didn't rate him highly but he's impressed me. I think he's earned the chance to be our number one striker. 11 goals in 15 games? Thats pretty prolific. His all round game is quite good. I think to see the best from him you need to show confidence in him.

I think if he plays second choice he will decline as a player and move on quickly.

I don't mean second choice as in not starting. If one of our players have the ball and have Suarez and Sturridge ahead of them, the majority of the time it would go to Suarez as he is our main player...Sturridge would be a second choice.

If he becomes the main option he will become more selfish and we will spend more time frustrated with him than praising him.

• Advertisement

I was championing him before the majority in this thread jumped on the band wagon...but he is a good secondary option, not the type of quality we need as our main player.

yeah-right.gif

Knex. wrote: »
    yeah-right.gif

Don't ruin it. :D

Fair enough. The banner probably hasn't been fully thought through but the protest is definitely a good idea.

Fans are getting screwed left,right and centre these days.

I don't imagine anything will come of it but it's a good idea to let the clubs know the fans aren't happy.

Fair enough. The banner probably hasn't been fully thought through but the protest is definitely a good idea.

I don't imagine anything will come of it but it's a good idea to let the clubs know the fans aren't happy.

I'd be more in favour of a simple white banner consisting of "Stop raising the ticket prices ye cunts" in black writing.

Clear message, nothing left to your own deciphering and, rather ironically, it would cost less too.

I don't mean second choice as in not starting. If one of our players have the ball and have Suarez and Sturridge ahead of them, the majority of the time it would go to Suarez as he is our main player...Sturridge would be a second choice.

If he becomes the main option he will become more selfish and we will spend more time frustrated with him than praising him.

I think if Sturridge is nurtured properly, he will turn out to be one of the best strikers in Europe. In terms of ability I think he has more than Torres. I think he could prove to be even better than Torres in time. If he is handled properly. The big question remains over his attitude and determination but he has started life at Liverpool really well.

I'd be more in favour of a simple white banner consisting of "Stop rising the ticket prices ye cunts" in black writing.

Clear message, nothing left to your own deciphering and, rather ironically, it would cost less too.

Haha. I think you might be on to something there.

There should be more people like you in advertising :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭The Rooster

But would you not be scratching your head as an owner to have fans on the one hand screaming at you to spend more and on the other hand screaming at you to reduce revenues!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Are all live EPL games on Sky next season, no more evening games on ESPN? :confused:

Do Setanta still have the 3pm games?

kfallon wrote: »
    Are all live EPL games on Sky next season, no more evening games on ESPN? :confused:

Do Setanta still have the 3pm games?

BT will have a good few games. Think ESPN are on the way out unfortunately!!

I'd be more in favour of a simple white banner consisting of "Stop raising the ticket prices ye cunts" in black writing.

reGnxnb.gif
    Don Draper aproves.

BT will have a good few games. Think ESPN are on the way out unfortunately!!

BT have bought ESPN UK and Ireland from Disney.

• Advertisement

But would you not be scratching your head as an owner to have fans on the one hand screaming at you to spend more and on the other hand screaming at you to reduce revenues!?

There's more money than ever in the game. The team that finishes bottom next season will earn more than Man City did when they won it last year but still the prices go up? It's bull****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Srijandeep Das ‏@LFC_360 31s

Liverpool have agreed personal terms for Tiago Ilori.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

G.K. wrote: »
    Srijandeep Das ‏@LFC_360 31s

Liverpool have agreed personal terms for Tiago Ilori.

Means damn all if the 2 clubs can't agree a fee no? Nothings been said about the fee yet.

Super-Rush wrote: »

Its a Liverpool fans banner, not an SOS one.

Means damn all if the 2 clubs can't agree a fee no? Nothings been said about the fee yet.

Seems we've made a €4m bid but Sporting want €5m. Shouldn't be too hard to sort out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

I know Sporting look to be playing a bit of hard ball but the reality is that they are financially ****ed so I'm sure it will get done. I would rather though that we don't piss them off to any great degree over the price as they've quite a few other youth players we might come looking for over the next few years.

Opr

Manchester City FC believes that Scout7, its online performance analysis system, has been hacked, and has brought in ‘computer espionage experts’ to discover what has happened.

A report in today’s Sunday Mirror suggests that a rival Premier League club is to blame for the infiltration of the system which holds detailed scouting reports on every player who has been targeted both home and abroad.

An investigation into the hacking, which could compromise deals and reveal information, is currently underway.

A Premier League chief scout told Sunday People Sport: “The scouting industry as a whole is a fairly small one.

“That means of course that clubs do sometimes know which players are being checked out and by which clubs.

“Having someone else – especially a rival – access that information and see which players you are looking at, which players you may buy and which ones are being monitored over a defined period would be seen as catastrophic.”

It has been suggested that both professional and personal details of candidates were accessed.

I hope our ex-City scouts haven't had anything to do with this :eek:

Definitely Spurs :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I hope our ex-City scouts haven't had anything to do with this :eek:

We are hardly tracking the same players as City unfortunately.

On the banner I agree with the general grievance of course (LFC prices going up an average of 9% next season ffs), but that particular banner is hardly that clear. I get that it is showing a father taking his son to the pub to watch rather than the stadium which it would have been in the past perhaps, but it's hardly a clear message really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Seems we've made a €4m bid but Sporting want €5m. Shouldn't be too hard to sort out.

Knowing Liverpool, you will probably end up paying 6. Proper negotiating that! :P

By all accounts, he is a good player. Could be a very good buy for that short money.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement