Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Sorry didnt mean it was inclused as such but thought he served 8 games altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

F**k it Id appeal it. What's another 3 matches at this stage?? I want the club to show full 100% support for our best player. We took it on the chin with the racism thing after making a balls of it initially. The ban is excessive and we all know it. I'm absolutely livid with it.

If I was Suarez I'd bail out in the summer. Fair enough what he did was idiotic but the punishment doesn't fit the crime. When the FA make these decisions there is one law for the Brits and one for players like Suarez. The inconsistencies are massive and it is clear what's going on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,460 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

10 games
    That's like 50% of the season
    FA are above the law
    That's 20 plus games he has being banned for
    Will add up to a whole season on the sidelines soon
    What more can club take
    Getting paid to play not sit in stands

What does club and players do now?
    Show support for player and get hounded by press?
    Someone needs to teach FA a lesson
    They are the ones who are racist
    Appeal and get 3 more games added to 10
    You could not make that crap up
    That is not a fair appeal procedure
    They would be laughed out of court if this was law

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

10 games
    That's like 50% of the season
    FA are above the law
    That's 20 plus games he has being banned for
    Will add up to a whole season on the sidelines soon
    What more can club take
    Getting paid to play not sit in stands

Its closer to 25% but whatever...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Anyone know who this 'independent three man panel' is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭dixiefly

I am a united supporter and would be quite anti Liverpool but I do think that Liverpool should appeal and that Gary Neville spoke quite a bit of sense when saying that the Brits go ott about the biting.

I would say that the fact that Suarez had previous went significantly against him. However that should still have meant no more than 6 or 7 games.

Some Liverpool supporters have compared this with the Defoe incident but that was a once off and the ref booked him. To me the most disgusting incident in recent years was Keanes attempt to finish the career of Alf Inge Haaland. Keane got a 3 match ban and a subsequent 5 games after admitting deliberately trying to injure Haaland in his biography. To me that is the standard and Suarez's crime is less than that. To me a 6 match ban and a substantial fine would fit the crime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Source - is fersuso whatever - whats this site like for stories?
    Real Madrid star and ex-Liverpool player, Xabi Alonso has hinted at a return to Liverpool.

Alonso is likely to cost around £15m

"I have not decided where to play in the future," said Alonso. "At the moment the only certainty is my contract with Real Madrid until 2014.

"My return to Anfield? I had an amazing time during my long experience in Liverpool with the jersey of the Reds."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Anyone know who this 'independent three man panel' is?

Fergie, Evra and Boris Johnson.

Few quotes from the hearing

Suarez ''Who's the fellow owns this ****hole? You, fat man. Speak up. ''

Bernstein ''Uh, I... I own this establishment. Though David Gill influences me for a thousand dollars.''

David Gill '' you be Luis Suarez out of Uruaguay. Biter of women and children''

Suarez ''That's right. I've bit women and children. I've bit just about everything that walks or crawled at one time or another. And I'm here to bite you Little Gill, if its more than a 3 game ban''

Bernstein '' Well, sir, you are a cowardly son of a bitch! You just bit an unarmed man!''

Suarez ''Well, he should have armed himself if he's going to give me a ten game ban''

Suarez '' All right, I'm coming out. Any man I see out there, I'm gonna bite him. Any sumbitch even looks at me, I'm not only gonna bite him, but I'm gonna bite his wife, all his friends, his dog and burn his damn house down.''

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

dixiefly wrote: »
    Some Liverpool supporters have compared this with the Defoe incident but that was a once off and the ref booked him. To me the most disgusting incident in recent years was Keanes attempt to finish the career of Alf Inge Haaland. Keane got a 3 match ban and a subsequent 5 games after admitting deliberately trying to injure Haaland in his biography. To me that is the standard and Suarez's crime is less than that. To me a 6 match ban and a substantial fine would fit the crime.

The problem I have with the Defoe incident is that until Sky mentioned it last week I seriously didn't remember it. Yet the week of the Champions League Semis and Utd winning a record 20th title the biggest story in world football (ESPN USA were discussing "the bite" yesterday") is this which let's face it is a relatively minor issue. Thank fk David Cameron got involved to and sorted it out.

dixiefly wrote: »
    I am a united supporter and would be quite anti Liverpool but I do think that Liverpool should appeal and that Gary Neville spoke quite a bit of sense when saying that the Brits go ott about the biting.

I would say that the fact that Suarez had previous went significantly against him. However that should still have meant no more than 6 or 7 games.

Nice to hear some sense rather than some of the nonsense being posted elsewhere by others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Realistically I don't see an appeal being successful. Doing so will bring even further negative criticism to Suarez. In time the FA will be swayed by this publicity and further increase the ban.

I think the club might seriously consider selling him now. He was already on thin ice and this is cracking further. If he as much as looks the wrong way, he'll get another ban and probably a lengthy one. He's going to do something out of the way at some stage, anyone thinking otherwise is delusional.
    With this in mind will they be willing to cash in now to avoid losing him to future suspensions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Even if Suarez missed 15 games next season, is there a better player available that Liverpool could realistically get? One player acting like a scumbag is not going to destroy the clubs image. Let the PR department worry about the image of the club, the manager and players should worry about winning matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

mav79 wrote: »
    Even if Suarez missed 15 games next season, is there a better player available that Liverpool could realistically get? One player acting like a scumbag is not going to destroy the clubs image. Let the PR department worry about the image of the club, the manager and players should worry about winning matches.

I suppose it boils down to
    is Suarez more important -15 than a replacement for 38?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Hidalgo wrote: »

Yes.

Hidalgo wrote: »

Without question.

It'd cost at least £30m to get someone even close to his class.

No brainer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Dortmund were good, but we kept a clean sheet in 09 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Without question.

No brainer.

Why do people peddle this nonsense? Michu cost 2 million and has 17 league goals to his name (okay he is nominally a midfielder), Bentenke cost 7 million and has 15 League goals in a far inferior team. These players are out there, they just need to be bought - Liverpool should buy one anyway of course as Carroll won't be back.

Without question.

No brainer.

Even after agreeing a £30m fee, the chances of getting that type player to sign would be very slim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Without question.

No brainer.

We sold Mascherano and Alonso and look what that has done , We should be buying more quality players instead of letting them go .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

mike65 wrote: »
    Why do people peddle this nonsense? Michu cost 2 million and has 17 league goals to his name (okay he is nominally a midfielder), Bentenke cost 7 million and has 15 League goals in a far inferior team. These players are out there, they just need to be bought - Liverpool should buy one anyway of course as Carroll won't be back.

Our manager is incapable of buying a gems like that. Plus neither player you mentioned is fit to lace Suarez's boots.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

You think they are in Suarez's class? They have both had good seasons but from a footballing perspective they are not in his league.

There are bargains to be got out there, no doubt, but Liverpool have not good a great track record in that regard.

Judging players after one season is crazy. Jelavic looked amazing last year for everton, this year not so much.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Our manager is incapable of buying a gems like that. Plus neither player you mentioned is fit to lace Suarez's boots.

Why do you bother me thus? We have no idea what players are on the radar and this BS about fit to lace boots really is the laziest response possible, would you turn your noses up at either? No of course not. If Suarez walks/is shown the door you better get used to condemning every forward player linked to the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

It's also really stupid to point out the one or two bargains that have been bought. For everyone of those players is 3/4 very ordinary buys. It doesn't matter how good you're in the transfer market unless you can afford to spunk £25m+ on players the element of risk is always going to very big and so will the % failure relative to the huge successes like Michu/Benteke. Although I will forever scratch my head on how Michu was bought for that amount of money and I said so before he kicked a ball in the premier league this season.

Opr

opr wrote: »
    It's also really stupid to point out the one or two bargains that have been bought. For everyone of those players is 3/4 very ordinary buys. It doesn't matter how good you're in the transfer market unless you can afford to spunk £25m+ on players the element of risk is always going to very big and so will the % failure relative to the huge successes like Michu/Benteke. Although I will forever scratch my head on how Michu was bought for that amount of money and I said so before he kicked a ball in the premier league this season.

Opr

Its the transfer market, always a risk. Carroll was a risk and a failure, Suarez was a risk Suarez IS a risk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Our manager is incapable of buying a gems like that.

How have you come to that conclusion? Hes in the job a season, he got Swansea promoted on a budget. Allen and Borini hasnt worked yet, Sturridge and Coutinho have looked good so far. Give him time at least!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Phoenix wrote: »
    Torres will be available lads,probably get him for 10 mil at this stage

It blew my mind how poor he was sunday, says alot when carra is keeping you in check

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Without question.

No brainer.

A £30m player should not want to join us at the current time while we aren't in the CL.

If they do, there's something not right about the deal. e.g Andy Carroll

We should be looking for players in the £8-15m bracket. Coutinho, Sturridge type signings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Its the transfer market, always a risk. Carroll was a risk and a failure, Suarez was a risk Suarez IS a risk!

That's the point. Let not bother taking another card and just stick. You take £30m. No matter how sensibly you invest that money buying at that £10m level will always carry a huge amount of risk no matter how sensible the buys may look. We know Suarez is world class. We know he can destroy the premiership. We know he will score/create goals.

Replacing that is very, very difficult and becomes near to impossible when you don't have CL football to attract players. You're going to be replying completely on luck and judgement. I rather just stick with Suarez and build. We seem to be a constant state of flux the last few years. Can we not just this summer start adding quality to the squad around our best player.

Opr

How have you come to that conclusion? Hes in the job a season, he got Swansea promoted on a budget. Allen and Borini hasnt worked yet, Sturridge and Coutinho have looked good so far. Give him time at least!!!

Rodgers said himself that there was little or no scouting system in place last summer. He had to go with players that he knew himself.

His performance in the transfer market has improved dramatically since the new scouting system got up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

djPSB wrote: »
    Rodgers said himself that there was little or no scouting system in place last summer. He had to go with players that he knew himself.

His performance in the transfer market has improved dramatically since the new scouting system got up and running.

I find that kinda hard to believe...all the scouts up and left after Kenny went??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Our manager is incapable of buying a gems like that.

What a ridiculous thing to say

I find that kinda hard to believe...all the scouts up and left after Kenny went??

I hope to God they did.

darced wrote: »
    I cant see us progressing with that one good signing one dud type of buying.

We need to get a few top quality players in,how to do it or where to look is the problem though.

It doesn't mean we should force the market though.

3 or 4 more Sturridge/Coutinho quality signings would help alot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

This has just been released New FA Penalties :P
    Pinch 4 match ban
    Chinese Burn 5
    Nipple Twist 6
    Dead Arm 7
    Wedgey 8
    Noogie 9
    Bite 10
    Beheading 11
    Genocide 12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Few quotes from the hearing

Suarez ''Who's the fellow owns this ****hole? You, fat man. Speak up. ''

Bernstein ''Uh, I... I own this establishment. Though David Gill influences me for a thousand dollars.''

David Gill '' you be Luis Suarez out of Uruaguay. Biter of women and children''

Suarez ''That's right. I've bit women and children. I've bit just about everything that walks or crawled at one time or another. And I'm here to bite you Little Gill, if its more than a 3 game ban''

Bernstein '' Well, sir, you are a cowardly son of a bitch! You just bit an unarmed man!''

Suarez ''Well, he should have armed himself if he's going to give me a ten game ban''

Suarez '' All right, I'm coming out. Any man I see out there, I'm gonna bite him. Any sumbitch even looks at me, I'm not only gonna bite him, but I'm gonna bite his wife, all his friends, his dog and burn his damn house down.''

Brilliant film. One of Clint's finest.

• Advertisement

ardinn wrote: »
    Source - is fersuso whatever - whats this site like for stories?

A year or two ago I would have loved to have seen him back, and I still pine for the 08/09 Xabi, but for the 2013/14 season and for 15m? Thanks but no thanks.

I see Gerrard is looking at having surgery during the summer according to Mike Marsh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Kess73 wrote: »
    I see Gerrard is looking at having surgery during the summer according to Mike Marsh.

Yep set to miss the England V Ireland game too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Since when was Mike Marsh allowed to speak?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Brilliant film. One of Clint's finest.

A certain Chelsea-supporting boardsie has ruined it for me.... FOREVER!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

What a ridiculous thing to say

Any examples of him buying gems?

Remember now that Swansea had a DOF who looked after transfers.

A certain Chelsea-supporting boardsie has ruined it for me.... FOREVER!!!

Guess he had it comin'.................:pac:

If ever a game screamed borefest. Probably be a 4-4 thriller after me saying that :D

third post on this thread (pay attention :))

Saw that, Andy Hunter busy as a bee. Nothing of any substance though. Just rehash of a previous article with the usual suspects named.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement