Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Agger at 8?

Christ!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

djPSB wrote: »
    I'd give it to Agger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

One last mosaic before the season ends, this one dedicated to Jamie Carragher and will be on full view tomorrow afternoon.

BKjvebGCcAEVvj7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Clearly a Liverpool fan. Wouldn't have thought even Bale's biggest hater would have him at 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Anyone started a thread or 23 for the man?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Clearly a Liverpool fan. Wouldn't have thought even Bale's biggest hater would have him at 7.

It's a crazy list alright. A couple of the Times main journo's are Liverpool fans, Tony Evans and Tony Barrett, but didn't think they would be that one eyed. No idea who was behind that list though.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

opr wrote: »
    Brendan was at the Wigam game tonight. Gary Jacob in The Times says it was to watch James McCarthy and Callum McManaman but I'm sure he was running the rule over the whole Wigan team to see if anything was worth picking from the bones after they go down.

Opr
    T-K-O wrote: »
    Exactly, unfortunately we are not in the Falcao market. When I say marquee I mean established, guys who will command a regular first team spot

There's been plenty more.I'm not the kind off eggs in one basket kind off guy.Don't think it works.Look at Torres and Shevshenko at Chelsea.Theres very good players out there available at reasonable prices.2 potential world class players would be better than one world class player if it means we can strengthen in 2 positions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

@ gafferino , Thats my video !!!! Would you rob my grave as quick :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Yurt wrote: »
    There's been plenty more.I'm not the kind off eggs in one basket kind off guy.Don't think it works.Look at Torres and Shevshenko at Chelsea.Theres very good players out there available at reasonable prices.2 potential world class players would be better than one world class player if it means we can strengthen in 2 positions.

We have a lot of potential in the squad we need to kick on. Nobody is putting all our eggs in one basket but we cannot expect the team to perform on all levels signing guys who might turn out to be good.

We need to find that balance, pick up young talented players and blood them with the more experienced guys

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Gerrard has been a terrible captain lately imo. Great at showing leadership when we are dominating a game but dissapears when we are losing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

I don't read the times, but tony Evans on the times podcast talks some amount of ****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Suarez as a sh*te captain would be a step up from the sh*te captain we have now.

Get the fck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Wouldn't have thought even Bale's biggest hater would have him at 7.

Even Per Mertesacker's biggest fan wouldn't have him near that list either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Suarez as a sh*te captain would be a step up from the sh*te captain we have now.
    Bullsh1t!
    flanzer wrote: »
    Even Per Mertesacker's biggest fan wouldn't have him near that list either

Its fake I'd say. Mertesacker ahead of Koscielny must be a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

hefferboi wrote: »
    Bullsh1t!

Please tell me more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Gerrard has been a terrible captain lately imo. Great at showing leadership when we are dominating a game but dissapears when we are losing.

tumblr_m2m8gsJqBk1rp8tavo1_500.gif

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

LFC have requested to all PL clubs to reduce our allocations next season till all the flares stop.Cnuts.

Dub13 wrote: »
    LFC have requested to all PL clubs to reduce our allocations next season till all the flares stop.Cnuts.

That is a crappy move by the club . No Pyro , No Party !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

The flares should stop , they are an absolute hindrance imo. They may well be suited to other leagues but they just dont work in the Premier League grounds , possibly because they are all seated stadiums. If some fella lit one of them flares in front of me at a match i would be pretty pissed off getting a face full of smoke. If smoking is banned in all stadiums then so should flares, people don't need to be breathing that crap in, especially kids.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

just like we all laughed at Sahin :pac::pac::rolleyes:

I can't get mad or upset in the slightest at the above because you're the person who thinks Liverpool should inquire over the availability of Dortmund's Marco Reus or maybe there is a player called Rues I don't know about(?). Dafuq would he (Reus) go to Liverpool for :confused: Backwards step for him. Complete waste of our time even talking about it on some forum let alone the club even going ahead and wasting away more time over all the formalities.

Isco has the world at his feet. Again, why in god's name would he want to come here in our current state when he pretty much has his choice of club around Europe if and when he does move on from Malaga. More than likely he'll end up at Barca or Man City. My money is on the latter.

Eriksen there is a chance.

*Oh and insert numerous rolleyes and laughing smilies*

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

LFC trying to stop the flares.Give us your money sit down and shut up,Next up banning singing,hand clapping and banners.CNUTS

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/liverpool-warn-fans-over-use-of-pyrotechnic-devices-at-matches-8589623.html

Shock horror. Did people think they were bluffing when they said they would do something about it if it didn't stop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I can't get mad or upset in the slightest at the above because you're the person who thinks Liverpool should inquire over the availability of Dortmund's Marco Reus or maybe there is a player called Rues I don't know about(?). Dafuq would he (Reus) go to Liverpool for :confused: Backwards step for him. Complete waste of our time even talking about it on some forum let alone the club even going ahead and wasting away more time over all the formalities.

Isco has the world at his feet. Again, why in god's name would he want to come here in our current state when he pretty much has his choice of club around Europe if and when he does move on from Malaga. More than likely he'll end up at Barca or Man City. My money is on the latter.

Spot on. It's no wonder we get called "deluded".

We're finishing 7th ffs. Anyone would think we'd just won the bloody league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Please tell me more.

He's not a leader that shouts and roars, he's a leader by example. He's stuck with the club through this mess when he could have had a League medal or two in his pocket. He dragged us to a 5th Champions League with a lot of average players around him. After a very poor start, he's turned into one of our players of the season. Very unfair to call him a sh1te captain.

Spot on. It's no wonder we get called "deluded".

We're finishing 7th ffs. Anyone would think we'd just won the bloody league.

I really wish I could say different about the likes of Isco being a Liverpool target but I'd be kidding myself.

For the past 3 summers I've wanted Dries Mertens at Liverpool. He's been pretty much my No.1 target except for one summer being last year as I desperately wanted Soldado or someone of his ilk to lead the line after last years shocker in front of goal. I think Mertens is still very much attainable and he is entering the prime of his career right now. We could move INHO to CAM and have Mertens on the left, Suarez on the right and Sturridge lead the line. Thing people have to be aware of and as I've stressed a few times, the front four is not fixed per se, more so when dominating games of course. Movement is key and four do take up multiple positions in any given game as it is.

Boetius, Inui, Munain and Griezmann are a few other players who I really wouldn't mind seeing in red.. or black and yellow. This is all under the belief I have in Coutinho will be our CAM eventually, be it next season or the season after that. Whatever the case, I still hope we get a new starting XI CB and some CDM cover first and foremost.

At least the names above are far and away more realistic for us at this moment in time and would still be damn exciting signings for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Latest from Marca, no quotes or nowt but still..
    Reina: it's Barça or 'retirement' at Liverpool

The name of Pepe Reina is on Barça's list of "possibles" for next season. The Catalan club has inquired about his situation, although it has not contacted the shot-stopper directly. Reina would love to go back to his old club, and is by the phone waiting for the call.

Pepe is considering two options regarding his future. One is to sign for Barcelona, and the other to extend his contract with Liverpool. He still has three years left on his contract, and the English club has the intention of adding on an extra two years. If the keeper signs the extension, it practically means that he will retire at Anfield. Being 30, it means he would be chucking in his gloves at the ripe old age of 35.

Reina is a possible substitute for out-going Victor Valdés, although at the moment the hot favourite is undoubtedly Ter Stegen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Isco and Rues maybe long shots but we should at least make inquiries. Sitting back with the attitude, not going to happen will get us nowhere.
    They're more than long shots, they're virtual impossibilities.

I suspect we will continue to examine players who have been overlooked by Champions League clubs.

Pacheco is playing with Huesca. He'll probably never make it at the highest level, but he looks too good for this wretched Huesca team.

I would be ecstatic if we signed Mertens. Had mentioned him myself a few times as well last summer yet had actually almost forgotten about him somewhat in recent weeks.

There was a rumour about Griezmann posted here a week or two ago. Apparently Rodgers was scouting him. Anyone know how versatile he is in terms of playing as a right winger? I've barely seen him play in all honesty.

• Advertisement

You're right we should pack it in. Send all our scouts to the championship and see what happens.

You asked, - who I would like sign. I mentioned a few guys, more of an example of the type of player we need but we all know your original slimy question was far from genuine.

Do I expect this guys to sign, probably not. Should we try? Absolutely. Top players are required for top 4 league positions.

As for *Reus - the lowest form of reply. Well done

They're more than long shots, they're virtual impossibilities.

I suspect we will continue to examine players who have been overlooked by Champions League clubs.

Probably but you gotta try. We should examine all and every option

You're right we should pack it in. Send all our scouts to the championship and see what happens.

You asked, - who I would like sign. I mentioned a few guys, more of an example of the type of player we need but we all know your original slimy question was far from genuine.

Do I expect this guys to sign, probably not. Should we try? Absolutely. Top players are required for top 4 league positions.

As for *Reus - the lowest form of reply. Well done

In fairness the Reus suggestion was a pie in the sky one. He'd cost more than Gotze IMO, so around 40m, and if there was even the slightest inclination from him that he did want to leave Dortmund after only one year, every top club in Europe would be at his doorstep.

He'd laugh at us if we even approached I'd imagine! Time to sign him was two years ago, and even then it wasn't likely.

Fair enough, we need ambition in the market. But in our situation we are unlikely to go out and sign the already proven players. Like Dortmund before, we must now sign the players that require good scouting, aren't obvious 20m+ buys and that can take us to the next level. Reus was probably Dortmund's most high profile signing in some time and that was after two league titles and the sale of Kagawa.

Coutinho could well just be that type of shrewd signing, Sturridge the same. I'd love another transfer window similar to January tbh. Few more players of that value and we'll be much, much better off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

I think we are on the up, and with Ferguson retiring i think they will suffer a repeat of what happened when busby left.
    Our squad is amazing to watch play and with a few more quality additions we can start challenging again.
    Hopefully its our turn to have are second ERA.

Knex. wrote: »
    In fairness the Reus suggestion was a pie in the sky one. He'd cost more than Gotze IMO, so around 40m, and if there was even the slightest inclination from him that he did want to leave Dortmund after only one year, every top club in Europe would be at his doorstep.

He'd laugh at us if we even approached I'd imagine! Time to sign him was two years ago, and even then it wasn't likely.

Fair enough, we need ambition in the market. But in our situation we are unlikely to go out and sign the already proven players. Like Dortmund before, we must now sign the players that require good scouting, aren't obvious 20m+ buys and that can take us to the next level. Reus was probably Dortmund's most high profile signing in some time and that was after two league titles and the sale of Kagawa.

Coutinho could well just be that type of shrewd signing, Sturridge the same. I'd love another transfer window similar to January tbh. Few more players of that value and we'll be much, much better off.

Didn't Dortmund pay 20+ for him so yes I would agree. 7th in the league and no CL football I am under no illusion of our current situation.

I think we can all agree LFC have improved in recent transfer windows. To go back to my original point. Scouting young players is the way to go but we need to compliment that (somehow) with established talent.

Yeah, think it was 17- 18m they paid for him.

Knex. wrote: »
    Yep.

I'll say it time and time again. If a club with money or Champions League football even comes sniffing for a target of ours then we might as well just forget about it. That has nothing to do with ambition - it's realism. Look at Arsenal even. They have more money than us and Champions League football, yet they wouldn't have a hope of getting the likes of Reus or Isco at this moment.

We're going to continue looking at up and coming youngsters who have remained under the radar of the top European teams, or we're going to look at players who have been passed over by top European teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭klose

I think we are on the up, and with Ferguson retiring i think they will suffer a repeat of what happened when busby left.
    Our squad is amazing to watch play and with a few more quality additions we can start challenging again.
    Hopefully its our turn to have are second ERA.

With the top 3 changing managers and spurs losing out on cl money and that lure for players i think we can really sneek it next season, we could pick up points in those games compared to this season even if we did deserve more from them games then we should have.

Our problem is having off days v lower teams, no points v west brom and only one v stoke is unacceptable.

I really wish I could say different about the likes of Isco being a Liverpool target but I'd be kidding myself.

For the past 3 summers I've wanted Dries Mertens at Liverpool. He's been pretty much my No.1 target except for one summer being last year as I desperately wanted Soldado or someone of his ilk to lead the line after last years shocker in front of goal. I think Mertens is still very much attainable and he is entering the prime of his career right now. We could move INHO to CAM and have Mertens on the left, Suarez on the right and Sturridge lead the line. Thing people have to be aware of and as I've stressed a few times, the front four is not fixed per se, more so when dominating games of course. Movement is key and four do take up multiple positions in any given game as it is.

Boetius, Inui, Munain and Griezmann are a few other players who I really wouldn't mind seeing in red.. or black and yellow. This is all under the belief I have in Coutinho will be our CAM eventually, be it next season or the season after that. Whatever the case, I still hope we get a new starting XI CB and some CDM cover first and foremost.

At least the names above are far and away more realistic for us at this moment in time and would still be damn exciting signings for sure.

Munain, Fits the Bill on the kind of Value Transfers we're doing right now. Had a Shocking 2012-2013 Season, and because of that, his Fallen Off in alot of Transfer Radars.

Watched him alot this Year and he has been Fairly Annonymous in the Games I've seen. But I still think he can come Good, and I'm Confident BR can make him Work.

But if I had to choose, I'd pick Griezmann over him, if we're getting a La Liga Winger that is.

• Advertisement

Well if you can't get Falcao, go for the next best thing :p

Munain, Fits the Bill on the kind of Value Transfers we're doing right now. Had a Shocking 2012-2013 Season, and because of that, his Fallen Off in alot of Transfer Radars.
    That thing that worries me about Muniain is that he looks a bit gutless. I watched him in one match in La Liga this season get several shades of sh!t kicked out of him. Instead of reacting in a positive way, he ended up whinging that much that the referee booked him. To me at least, he just didn't seem to have the mental toughness to continue trying to work hard even when things went to crap around him. In a Rodgers system where players need to be able to play ball AND work hard, I can't see him cutting it.

He's obviously still very young, so he can turn things around. It's still a risk though. If you pushed me though, I think he will go the way of Jose Reyes - a player who had potential to be a top player, but ended up hovering around the fringes.

I'd be surprised if he ended up at Monaco but the more interest in Carroll the better for us

That thing that worries me about Muniain is that he looks a bit gutless. I watched him in one match in La Liga this season get several shades of sh!t kicked out of him. Instead of reacting in a positive way, he ended up whinging that much that the referee booked him. To me at least, he just didn't seem to have the mental toughness to continue trying to work hard even when things went to crap around him. In a Rodgers system where players need to be able to play ball AND work hard, I can't see him cutting it.

He's obviously still very young, so he can turn things around. It's still a risk though. If you pushed me though, I think he will go the way of Jose Reyes - a player who had potential to be a top player, but ended up hovering around the fringes.

Jose Reyes, formerly of Arsenal and Current Teammate of Medel and Navas at Sevilla? That Jose Reyes?

If we're talking about the same Jose Reyes, then I'd gladly take Munain over him. He's already 29 yo and won't get any better. Munain, might be Crap this Year, but his Ceiling is definitely Higher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Jose Reyes, formerly of Arsenal and Current Teammate of Medel and Navas at Sevilla? That Jose Reyes?

If we're talking about the same Jose Reyes, then I'd gladly take Munain over him. He's already 29 yo and won't get any better. Munain, might be Crap this Year, but his Ceiling is definitely Higher.

He isn't saying we should sign Reyes, he is saying Munain could go the same way as him by never fulfilling his potential.

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    He isn't saying we should sign Reyes, he is saying Munain could go the same way as him by never fulfilling his potential.

Ah, Ok. Thanks for the Correction. :D

But still, I don't think it's that bad, if Munain could only reach the Level of Jose Reyes.

I mean, Reyes in his Prime is still alot Better than most of the Players we currently have.

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    Yea, exactly.

Raw talent isn't enough, especially in the Premier League because if you drop your intensity just a fraction, you'll be eaten alive.

By the way, I know Sturridge was perceived to be a player with mental and laziness issues. Rodgers obviously still had contacts in Chelsea, because he was pretty confident from day one that the only issue Sturridge had was that he wasn't playing.

Yea, exactly.

Raw talent isn't enough, especially in the Premier League because if you drop your intensity just a fraction, you'll be eaten alive.

By the way, I know Sturridge was perceived to be a player with mental and laziness issues. Rodgers obviously still had contacts in Chelsea, because he was pretty confident from day one that the only issue Sturridge had was that he wasn't playing.

You watch Serie A, Francie?

A Mate of mine suggested Luis Muriel, and thinks he would be a Good Value Signing. He currently Plays for Udinese, and has 10 Goals in 21 Matches.

Granted I've only seen him from Youtube Vids, but he does remind me of our own Luis. Except this one has Pace to Burn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfers-christian-eriksen-snub-1897719

15m euro but we're aparently stalling. Judging by comments on here we should be snapping their hands off.

Article also links us with Spurs' Danny Rose.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement