Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CL Semi Final Borussia Dortmund v Real Madrid 24th April

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Hummels honest in his interview after the game:

"the whole team, except for me, had an exceptional game"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

adox wrote: »
    All German final now. If Madrid had pulled another back at the end they would have been back in the tie.

Hard to see Dortmund not scoring in the second leg.

For atmosphere alone I'd prefer an all German final,had great craic with Bayern fans when United played them before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Oh dunphy...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

klose wrote: »
    Oh dunphy...

What's he sayin? I'm out, gutted i'm missing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Dempsey wrote: »
    Short Memory...

I stated that's how a club could and are being run. Presently. I am well aware of Dortmunds past difficulty. My memory is just fine thanks all the same.

A lot of touchy people on this thread this evening. So far I've been told:

Stop posting
    Can't count
    Short Memory

I'll take my leave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,665 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

4-1 against RM :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Dunphy is great to watch but his analysis is so bad it's hard to believe. He was saying the Bayern were ordinary a couple of months back, now they're 'incredible'. Why the hell doesn't Brady or Giles call him on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

derfderf wrote: »
    What's he sayin? I'm out, gutted i'm missing it.

He believes the final will be poor based on the fact he watched the dortmund-munich pokal game a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Oh dunphy...

Ignorant lack of research again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

soc_g_lewandowski11_576.jpg

Yeah baby!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Lonesome Boatman

Jamie Redknapp' Lewandowskis introduced himself to the world' :pac: you would think football didn't exist outside England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Oh dunphy...

Its cringe worthy by him to say the least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

keith16 wrote: »
    I stated that's how a club could and are being run. Presently. I am well aware of Dortmunds past difficulty. My memory is just fine thanks all the same.

A lot of touchy people on this thread this evening. So far I've been told:

Stop posting
    Can't count
    Short Memory

I'll take my leave.

Maybe you should be clearer in your posts first time round? As for touchy, hello pot, its the kettle calling!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Apparently Lewandoski is set to join Bayern too. Dortmund fans must be pissed with all the poaching.

What a game by Dortmund. Madrid were poor though, no tempo whatsoever and almost no threat on the counter attack. Oh wait! That sums up their season.

Delighted for Dortmund really want them to go all the way, love Klopp but I won't object to Bayern either. (Or Barca, but not on their current form.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Also think a final with teams for different leagues would be more entertaining. Dortmund and bayern know each other very well could prove to be a very cagey game.
    They had a cracker in the German Cup final last year.

They had a cracker in the German Cup final last year.

And a **** match a few weeks ago...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Borussia should be able to score an away goal, hopefully it will be Hummels. Looking forward to BVB lifting the cup and Jelle wearing the black and yellow colours :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

An early goal in Madrid would open the tie up, 3-0 is not impossible, it'll be a testing atmosphere if Madrid get even a sniff.

It would be great to see Mourinho denied, JUSTICE!! you could say.

dfx- wrote: »
    An early goal in Madrid would open the tie up, 3-0 is not impossible, it'll be a testing atmosphere if Madrid get even a sniff.

Do you not think though it would be terrific atmosphere if Madrid don't get a sniff?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Some performance from Dortmond tonite ..RM ripped apart

• Advertisement

Maybe you should be clearer in your posts first time round? As for touchy, hello pot, its the kettle calling!

Actually my post was perfectly clear. You accused me of having a short memory but where in my post does it state BVB have always been a model of sustainability? It doesn't.

But don't let that stop you from belittling my posts with throwaway comments like that.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

iC0p4f0rc8BFD.gif

So wished I was there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Looks like an all German final in London. I've sure the Brits will love that

keith16 wrote: »
    Actually my post was perfectly clear. You accused me of having a short memory but where in my post does it state BVB have always been a model of sustainability? It doesn't.

But don't let that stop you from belittling my posts with throwaway comments like that.

It was only clear to yourself. Dortmund's recent history flies in the face of your original claim. Adding clarity now doesnt change that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Delighted for Dortmund. Always a club i've liked. Fully deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

Just a sidenote from the game. I love how George Hamilton can actually pronounce names

It was only clear to yourself. Dortmund's recent history flies in the face of your original claim. Adding clarity now doesnt change that.

Their recent history has nothing do with my statement. Dortmund are an example of how a club can be run in a sustainable manner. That is true regardless of their recent history.

Just a sidenote from the game. I love how George Hamilton can actually pronounce names

I love how he likes to remind us how he speak German and read games. (Did he really have to point out Dortmund's basic pressing?) Best moment though was Ray Houghton stealing his limelight for Ronnie's 50th (:eek:) Champions League goal.
    On another note,
    You can tell RTE never bother to even research the teams playing. It's a bit of disgrace really considering these are supposedly paid pundits. But, then, I do still love the, ahem, chemistry of the punditry team.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Well done Dortmund!!! Delighted for Jurgen Klopp and all in the Yellow Wall!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Great to see mighty Real Madrid getting thrashed :D

Is it correct that Dortmund team was assembled for €29m?

Munich could yet be funding multiple generations so..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Is it correct that Dortmund team was assembled for €29m?

Munich could yet be funding multiple generations so..

It can't be. Gundogan, Reus, Hummels and Subotic cost around 30 Million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Weidenfeller, Blaszczykowski, Lewandowski + the Westfalonstadion. Brilliant words for scrabble. Nightmare for Twitter though #toomanyletters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Dunphy is great to watch but his analysis is so bad it's hard to believe. He was saying the Bayern were ordinary a couple of months back, now they're 'incredible'. Why the hell doesn't Brady or Giles call him on it.
    Because Giles is even more clueless. At least Dunphy watches Spanish football. Giles hasn't a clue most of the time, even gets English players wrong. Still a great panel though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Mourinho certainly hasn't had the killer instinct in the CL since joining Real, going to take something special but perhaps recent failures have created a mental block at this stage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

What a performance by Dortmund.

The pressing by them was just top notch.

Made Real look very ordinary which they are far from.

I find it hard enough to see either Spanish side win at home never mind winning by 4 goals required now.

Have mate here who is Dortmund fan who has tickets for final so happy for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Weidenfeller, Blaszczykowski, Lewandowski + the Westfalonstadion. Brilliant words for scrabble. Nightmare for Twitter though #toomanyletters

Awful words for scrabble - they are proper nouns

/nerd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    Because Giles is even more clueless. At least Dunphy watches Spanish football. Giles hasn't a clue most of the time, even gets English players wrong. Still a great panel though.

The lads are outdated, absolutely no insight from any of them.

Giles was saying Veron for Varane last night. :)Dunphy said Madrid were good first half.....:p...bunch of chancers these lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Anyone else think that the tie is not over ?

Early Goal for RM and all that .......
    3-0 win to RM at home is not an unrealistic score line...

Might have a little wager on RM 9/1 with PP at the moment to win it outright,,,hmm MUGS BET more than likely but Dortmund were not great away to Malaga in the semi's Yes got the job done but RM at home are a different prospect..

pS 9/1 Gives the right odds for covering bet in the final if they do put it off...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

What a performance by Dortmund! They were so fired up, fighting for every ball.

3 absolutely quality finishes from Lewandowski as well.

I thought their heads might drop when Madrid equalised. They could (should?) have had a penalty right before to go 2 up and instead found themselves 1-1. They didn't feel sorry for themselves and responded brilliantly.

I'm living in Spain and there is a serious superiority complex here about the Spanish teams. All talk about an all-Spanish final, the Bundesliga is an inferior league, Bayern would be third by a distance if they were in La Liga etc...

Definitely a sense of schadenfraude in seeing them getting stuffed.

But more than anything I just enjoyed the match and the performance by DOrtmund. I rarely watch German football, but watched the cup final last year (the 5-2) and was so impressed by the quality of the football and the entertainment from both teams.

I know there's a lot of cynical comments about 'football hipsters' loving Dortmund, but really what's not to love? Impossible not to grow fond of a team from an unfashionable city, with a relatively meagre budget, defying the odds in an age where money generally rules everything in football, trashing Real Madrid. Especially the way they did it - quality, determination, teamwork.

Fantastic stuff.

Although I would say that the tie isn't over yet. I will write off Barca but not Madrid.

• Advertisement

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Anyone else think that the tie is not over ?

Early Goal for RM and all that .......
    3-0 win to RM at home is not an unrealistic score line...

Might have a little wager on RM 9/1 with PP at the moment to win it outright,,,hmm MUGS BET more than likely but Dortmund were not great away to Malaga in the semi's Yes got the job done but RM at home are a different prospect..

pS 9/1 Gives the right odds for covering bet in the final if they do put it off...

Certainly not over yet.

They go 1 up in the first 20 minutes or so and we have a game on our hands.

I'm not sure if I'd back it at 9/1 but far stranger things have happened in football.

iwBt6pCvw8a2A.gif

This incident kind of got forgotten about due to what followed.

Would be interested to hear opinions on the decision.

Had a heated debate about it last night. I thought it was a pen (or perhaps a freekick).

Varane is clumsy, trips him and when you're running at pace you go over.

Morzadec wrote: »
    iwBt6pCvw8a2A.gif

This incident kind of got forgotten about due to what followed.

Would be interested to hear opinions on the decision.

Had a heated debate about it last night. I thought it was a pen (or perhaps a freekick).

Varane is clumsy, trips him and when you're running at pace you go over.

Reus clearly sticks his right leg into Varane for contact and fell over. Never a foul

Reus clearly sticks his right leg into Varane for contact and fell over. Never a foul

Does Varane's leg not come across Reus' path though?

I certainly don't think it's stonewall and I can understand the argument that it was just a 'coming-together' but if you asked me to call it I'd say it's a foul, as for me it's Varane's leg that comes across Reus' path.

One thing I certainly don't think is that Reus bought it. I think he went over genuinely due to a trip/momentum

I don't think it's a penalty. The 'coming together' also appears to be outside the box. Varane's leg that he falls over is planted outside the box.

My stream was al-jazeera, which seemed to think this was more of a penalty that Alonso's barge which I don't understand.

Advertisement