Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Century Cinemas Letterkenny 3D surcharge compulsory?

Options
  • 24-04-2013 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

Do they make you pay the 1.50 if you bring your own 3D glasses?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

I haven't been there in a while, but the last time I checked they just charged extra for the 3D tickets regardless of glasses.

They have their own glasses that you use and return with the standard 3D charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

kiddums wrote: »
    I haven't been there in a while, but the last time I checked they just charged extra for the 3D tickets regardless of glasses.

They have their own glasses that you use and return with the standard 3D charge.

its not a charge its a deposit that you don't get back....

wait a minute

that IS a charge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

danniemcq wrote: »
    its not a charge its a deposit that you don't get back....

wait a minute

that IS a charge
    I started typing to correct you after I read the first line, you had me going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

Good question, I would love to know the answer to that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Send a text to the Breakfast show on Highland Radio tomorrow morning. I think yer man from the cinema is on with JB every Thursday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Most cinemas charge extra for 3D showings, the glasses are an additional cost on top of that again if you don't already have a pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Letterkenny Cinema is very expensive compared to other cinemas in the region such as Lifford, Derry etc. From what I remember you don't pay extra in Lifford for the 3D if you bring your own glasses. If you don't you pay for the glasses but you get to keep them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

I asked on facebook about the charge. Their reply was as follows:
    Hi, I suspect that your 3D glasses will not work with our 3D system. I would need to see the glasses before I could say for sure. So you will need to pay the 3D charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

I'd say go to the Brunswick place in Derry, far better than the Letterkenny cinema in every conceivable way, other than distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Gilbert Grape

Flibbles wrote: »
    I'd say go to the Brunswick place in Derry, far better than the Letterkenny cinema in every conceivable way, other than distance.
    They charge in there also,you can bring your own.

• Advertisement
Advertisement