Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWDC 2013 announced for June 10-14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

miralize wrote: »
    Already posted my virews on it last night. Dont put it on your day phone

Yeah I seen your post but now it's almost a full day later I wanted a more comprehensive review. I haven't even seen much in terms of in depth videos online. I've a feeling they're uploading over today. Checked earlier and couldn't get much. Love to have a spare device to try it on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

DubDJ wrote: »
    Anyone with iOS 7 installed got any opinions? How is it running, are apps crashing? Any major glitches or effect on battery life?

running on a 4s. some teething problems restoring from back up, but seems to be fine now. apps havent crashed yet, but i havent tried them all. clock icon is now live, which is nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,463 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

running on a 4s. some teething problems restoring from back up, but seems to be fine now. apps havent crashed yet, but i havent tried them all. clock icon is now live, which is nice.

When swipe to unlock, the shortcuts appear, how do I get to homescreen

AM having to click calculator and close it to then I get homescreen

Any ideas ?

Ah....stupid...got it

However , live clock is an hour behind...and reboot fixed it

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

swipe from left to right like you normally do. theres just no indicator to tell you what to do now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

It'll be interesting to see how secure the new re-activation feature is. If it's as good as it sounds, then thieves will have far harder time shifting stolen iPhones. Their only option will be to sell them for spare parts.

What's the story with stolen phones at the moment? Am i right in thinking the thieves get around the blocking by the networks after it is reported stolen by shipping them abroad where the blocking doesn't work? Is that right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,496 ✭✭✭✭guil

Anyone with iOS 7 installed got any opinions? How is it running, are apps crashing? Any major glitches or effect on battery life?
    just installed it no problems on an iphone 5 and so far so good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭matchthis

guil wrote: »
    just installed it no problems on an iphone 5 and so far so good

Developer account or just update through iTunes?

matchthis wrote: »
    Developer account or just update through iTunes?
    Just shift update in itunes, no dev account and I got it from here
    https://mega.co.nz/#!yZEVhDiQ!K4vcWFvkUGQAzOlWfQww4GvF6A4c8VfmGlg_kHhU5Io

So lets just say your not a Dev and you download iOS 7 and install it on your phone. Then when beta 2 comes around and the first beta expires what happens then? Is it as easy as an over the air update?

Love the fact that they added the feature to block contact from certain contacts, its in settings in phone, messages and facetime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

How long did it take u to grab that file? I've 150 meg internet and its gonna take 8 hours. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

So lets just say your not a Dev and you download iOS 7 and install it on your phone. Then when beta 2 comes around and the first beta expires what happens then? Is it as easy as an over the air update?

Last time it was OTA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

That's where I got mine from and not one will work (even though one of my iPhones IS registered).

How long did it take u to grab that file? I've 150 meg internet and its gonna take 8 hours. :mad:

Maybe try a different site. Probably the servers getting hammmerd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Running well on my 5. Only issue is the panoramic wallpapers won't load.

culabula wrote: »
    That's where I got mine from and not one will work (even though one of my iPhones IS registered).
    that particular link is for the iphone 5

http://www.ihacksblog.com/download-ios-7-beta-ipsw-for-iphone/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=download-ios-7-beta-ipsw-for-iphone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Running well on my iPhone 5, have not tried every app but all the usuals are working fine for me....Twitter, Messages, Mail, App Store, FaceTime, Photos. The more I use me phone the more I appreciate this update, very very slick & smooth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Love the fact that they added the feature to block contact from certain contacts, its in settings in phone, messages and facetime

Love this feature too, have a telesales number that keeps ringing me....so I added the number into my contacts & they are on the Block List.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭OU812

Does that block feature give you notification that it's working ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭Gorilla Rising

Installed it just now. Straight forward, no problems.

I really like the new icons!

• Advertisement

Maybe try a different site. Probably the servers getting hammmerd.

I cant find any other links. The only one is that mega link. Tis a pain in the hoop.Really wanna try out this new iOS

• Subscribers Posts: 16,590 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Great addition, the mentioned iMessage and FaceTime, but not phone in the keynote, delighted that is across everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

can anyone with a 4s confirm that control centre in landscape mode isnt working?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭matchthis

So just updated my iPhone 5 bill pay on O2 using the link guil provided and worked no problem at all. Has actually made some apps that I found slow at loading to load quicker.
    The file took just over an hour to download using chrome on 12mb line. Started slow and sped up as progressed. With iPhone connected to iTunes, just held down tab and clicked software update, then selected the file from download folder. Update process took about 10 mins.
    Found I needed to cancel down the apps that were running in the backround for some to open ie Netflix. Loving it so far, now time to play!
    Cancelling down apps just reminded me of web os hp had on the palm pre and touchpad

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭a1000pigeons

Jelly SMS not working for me, anyone else had this problem? Seems a little sluggish too, although I'm on iPhone 4 and this was becoming the case with iOS 6 also. An annoying bug surfaced earlier too whereby I had to quit an app to answer a call. Though I'm liking it for the most part these might be the deal breakers for switching back to iOS 6 for now until it becomes more stable (and I upgrade my phone).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

matchthis wrote: »
    Found I needed to cancel down the apps that were running in the backround for some to open ie Netflix. Loving it so far, now time to play!
    Cancelling down apps just reminded me of web os hp had on the palm pre and touchpad
    Some of the development team who worked on web os now work for Apple.

So tempted to try the new update. Think ill give it a go.

EDIT: Currently downloading from Mega. On UPC 30MB and it's pretty fast. Getting an estimate of around 10 minutes for the download to complete. Weird that people are finding it slow. I'm forced to use Chrome too.

So tempted to try the new update. Think ill give it a go.

EDIT: Currently downloading from Mega. On UPC 30MB and it's pretty fast. Getting an estimate of around 10 minutes for the download to complete. Weird that people are finding it slow. I'm forced to use Chrome too.

just after reading your post i tried it again and its flying along. should have it in 15 mins

just after reading your post i tried it again and its flying along. should have it in 15 mins

First 24 hours probably had most people downloading it. So maybe it's all quiet now. iPhone 5 currently updating to iOS 7.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

Just updated there, Iphone 5, way faster in everything

Advertisement