Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWDC 2013 announced for June 10-14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭shanec1928

installed at last after me messing it up. seems to be working grand now on 4s no complaints of bugs. looking forward to messing around with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

hoodwinked wrote: »
    how? i mean like can i have a tune from metal gear solid as my ringtones?

just convert any mp3 file to a m4r ringtone file. plenty of youtube tutorials on how to do it. you can only use 30 secs for a ringtone though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭Gorilla Rising

mad muffin wrote: »
    Yeah I've started looking at the lumia 925. I wonder when it's being released?

I think you can get it now from the UK....maybe in another month here..?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

mad muffin wrote: »
    Yeah I've started looking at the lumia 925. I wonder when it's being released?
    I think you can get it now from the UK....maybe in another month here..?

You might get a more specific answer in the Windows Devices/O2/Vodafone/Meteor/Three/Tesco Mobile forums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

So a few apps that are a little buggy.

Adverts - crashes and is unusable
    Facebook - side bar got a little bunched up with friends and events overlapping.
    Google+ - issues with the top bar being blocked by the iPhone status bar
    Instagram - few problems with scrolling though photos, flashing blank and jumping up the page

Notification centre is a little buggy, tried deleting notifications and they reappeared as if I only got them and had to delete a second time.
    First phonecall and after answering it took longer for the Speaker, Mute etc. buttons to appear.

The only reoccurring bug was the Adverts app crashing. Otherwise the issues were just every now and then. Seems like one of the most solid betas compared to past ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,496 ✭✭✭✭guil

Photobucket app is crashing as well if you try upload

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

...so a developer prelease is buggy ... what has that to do with anything ? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Same. Was using it a bit this morning. The 'newness' has worn off very quickly and it just looks cheap and a bit lame.

I wonder how long before they change i OS7?! :D

Think I'll go ahead an buy a non-iphone for the time being.

Point to note: Google music worked for me using the app, but not in the browser and you control it from the new control panel which is cool.

YOu were going to do that anyway.

Its a real stable beta, and I am finding it great so far. UI is a bit flat, there are some stutters, but its generally really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭Gorilla Rising

YOu were going to do that anyway.

Its a real stable beta, and I am finding it great so far. UI is a bit flat, there are some stutters, but its generally really good.

Maybe, but there's nothing here to dissuade me from doing otherwise.

Reverted to iOS6 in the meantime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Been playing with it the last couple of hours on my 5.
    It is very buggy, but that's to be expected.
    Facebook doesn't "load in" in right.
    iMessage is activated but my gf isn't getting messages from me even though my phone is saying they're delivered.
    I think my data speeds are very laggy (could that be blamed on ios7?)
    My location services seem a little off.

Overall I think I like it. Or more so I will like it when it's a bit closer to being ready.
    I'd say I'll keep it for a day or so to show off to a few mates and then I'll more than likely roll it back to ios6.

Is it just a case of putting the phone in DFU and restoring it from my most recent backup?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Been playing with it the last couple of hours on my 5.
    It is very buggy, but that's to be expected.
    Facebook doesn't "load in" in right.
    iMessage is activated but my gf isn't getting messages from me even though my phone is saying they're delivered.
    I think my data speeds are very laggy (could that be blamed on ios7?)
    My location services seem a little off.

Overall I think I like it. Or more so I will like it when it's a bit closer to being ready.
    I'd say I'll keep it for a day or so to show off to a few mates and then I'll more than likely roll it back to ios6.

Is it just a case of putting the phone in DFU and restoring it from my most recent backup?

That should work, right enough.

I think it is running a bit hotter than normal. Otherwise I see no bugs which would stop me running iOS 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Ive downloaded it from Mega. What do I need to do now to actually upgrade the ios?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭dazedandlost

Ive downloaded it from Mega. What do I need to do now to actually upgrade the ios?

Were you asked for a code on Mega in order to download?

Connect your phone to iTunes and hold shift before pressing update... A window will open, direct it to your downloaded file and open... The update will start then.
    I didn't have to anyway. Just started up straight away. Took an hour for the 1.11gig file though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭dazedandlost

Mega is asking me for "decryption key"...

Nope, no code. This is the file Im downloading from Mega:
    iPhone5,2_7.0_11A4372q_GDELUXE.COM_Restore.ipsw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Downloaded from Mega but can't 'activate'. From the way people were talking i assumed they just installed it without being a developer. Am i doing something wrong? Is the activation server overwhelmed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

TBi wrote: »
    Downloaded from Mega but can't 'activate'. From the way people were talking i assumed they just installed it without being a developer. Am i doing something wrong? Is the activation server overwhelmed?

Are you trying to restore using the file or update?
    It seems you have to update for it to work, not restore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

ask siri to switch on bluetooth, he says its done, but it's not. ask again, it works. anyone else find this?

• Advertisement

I was on autopilot and did a restore. Will restore to 6.1.4 and then 'update'.

I get it to Extract the update and then I get an error - 3194 saying an unknown error occured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

ask siri to switch on bluetooth, he says its done, but it's not. ask again, it works. anyone else find this?

Yeah same thing happened to me last night. And then the cheeky bugger start telling me Bluetooth is already on haha

Restored to 6.1.4 and updated to 7 beta. Cellular Data doesn't seem to be working. My settings seem to be right though. On eMobile.

EDIT: It's just darned slow. Need to figure out why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

TBi wrote: »
    Restored to 6.1.4 and updated to 7 beta. Cellular Data doesn't seem to be working. My settings seem to be right though. On eMobile.

EDIT: It's just darned slow. Need to figure out why.

Restart your phone. As dumb and as simple as it sounds it actually helped me after updating.

Dudda wrote: »
    Restart your phone. As dumb and as simple as it sounds it actually helped me after updating.

Tried that and it didn't seem to work at the start. Working now though, must have been doing something in the background.

I can't get iMessage to work but seems you need to have registered your UDID and do a proper install for this to work. Will have to start debugging apps for my friend who's a registered developer :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

One feature I'd really like is the ability to delete app data. Has anyone using ios7 noticed if you can do that?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

One feature I'd really like is the ability to delete app data. Has anyone using ios7 noticed if you can do that?

Just checked, looks like you still only have the option to delete the App and the Data together.

Can't seem to play music, although this is only music from iTunes store not my itunes library(I haven't synced my library yet). Anyone else have a problem?

Might go back to 6 until 7 gets more stable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

A few bugs in the Music app.

Lots of my artists are missing and it seems to be reusing the same artwork for multiple artists. This is all in the artist view, song view is fine and when I click in to an artist the artwork is correct.

Advertisement