Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWDC 2013 announced for June 10-14

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

This seems like the legit version of iOS 7 optimised for the larger iPad interface. Don't know how they got their hands on it but to me it seems real.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Looks awesome!

Looks so much nicer than the emulator versions. Some things look a little strange. But I think some parts looks even better on the iPad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Looks like theyve trimmed down the control center in functionality. It really is cluttered in B1.

miralize wrote: »
    Looks like theyve trimmed down the control center in functionality. It really is cluttered in B1.

Well the iPad has no camera flash for Flashlight or Calculator app so that will reduce the number of buttons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

DubDJ wrote: »
    Well the iPad has no camera flash for Flashlight or Calculator app so that will reduce the number of buttons.

True. Still think it could do with a rethink in general

Also here's another article from earlier today which shows some additional features/gestures Apple were working on in iOS 7, and for whatever reason didn't make it into the final release. Most interesting one for me is the ability to hide stock apps. Love to see that in a future update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

A slight rip off of android and windows if you ask me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'm not really familiar with Android, how are they similar? As for Windows, Metro was clearly an influence but its completely flat while iOS 7 isn't. The sense of visual depth in this redesign seems very new to me.

Manton Reece on iOS 7's "multiplane" design (via Gruber):
    Previous versions of iOS were built on a single plane with raised and textured areas on that surface, like a topographical map except with buttons instead of mountains. iOS 7 is instead designed with multiple flat layers. Each level is strikingly flat, but by layering two or three, spaced apart, Apple has achieved an overall sense of depth.

It’s a return to basics. Simple things can remain simple, readable. When clarity is needed, everything goes flat. But it’s a framework that allows for subtle motion and depth without changing what works about the new, content-first flat design. iOS 7’s control center blurs the layer below. The home screen background sits deeper too, as if only the app icons are touching the screen. Photos scroll under the navigation bar.

Each plane is painted flat as if on glass. There can be no text drop shadows, no textures, without ruining the effect. And the result of this strict metaphor is equally valuable: there are no drop shadows to distract or obscure an app’s real content.

http://www.manton.org/2013/06/multiplane.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement