Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TAN TAN TAN ??

• 24-04-2013 2:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Need some recommendations pls if ya have them...

Never use fake tan really, can anyone suggest a good one?

I have about €10-€15 (don't wanna spend any more on this experiment)

Tried Sally Hansen but it really does just wipe off. Need it for weekend, but afraid of turning out orange, I'm just looking for a glow

Something that won't wash off, hopefully won't be all over my duvet the next day and if there is one that will allow me skim over my legs with a razor the next day.............

Anybody have reviews of a good one that wouldn't turn out too streaky?

Haven't a breeze myself, stood in boots at lunchtime scratchin my head looking at all them tubes n bottles!!

Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Moved from tLL :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Moved from tLL :)

?? thought that was the name of a tan, i googled it :)

just realised, sorry wasn't sure where to post!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭quinevere

Sadderday wrote: »
    ?? thought that was the name of a tan, i googled it :)

just realised, sorry wasn't sure where to post!

Karora tan is in your price range and is quite good!

Or cocoa brown 1 hour mousse it probably the best I've tied

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Cocoa Brown 1 hour tan is really good IMO. €7.99 for a bottle. Check out their Facebook page for a list of stockists.

quinevere wrote: »
    Karora tan is in your price range and is quite good!

Or cocoa brown 1 hour mousse it probably the best I've tied

Thanks, where do i pick it up?

• Advertisement

Valentina wrote: »
    Cocoa Brown 1 hour tan is really good IMO. €7.99 for a bottle. Check out their Facebook page for a list of stockists.

Thanks a mill, Gonna suss it out now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

You need Cocoa Brown! It's the best tan i have ever tried and it's only €7.99!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Another vote for Cocoa Brown, its stocked in Penneys now too. Bronz Express is also good and its often on offer for €14

ah thanks a mill everyone, looks like a lot of votes for the cocoa brown!? any tips on how best to apply this? I'm a novice!

never sure if i should do my face? so you just get a nice glow after an hour, and ya just rinse off excess in the shower?

Thanks again!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Gonna give this coco brown a try.

Checked their site and there is plenty of places that stock it but can anyone tell me where in North Dublin or City Center that actually has it in stock this moment, so I'm not wasting time hoping from shop shop.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Sadderday wrote: »
    ah thanks a mill everyone, looks like a lot of votes for the cocoa brown!? any tips on how best to apply this? I'm a novice!

never sure if i should do my face? so you just get a nice glow after an hour, and ya just rinse off excess in the shower?

Thanks again!!

I use a mitt I got in Penneys. Just squirt a blob of tan into it and then buff it on to your skin.

Personally I never tan my face because I wear makeup and also washing my face everyday means the tan wouldn't last for me anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭JenL

I second (or third) the Karora recommendation. It's about €14 in McCabes Pharmacy. Apply with a mitt and you'll get a lovely even colour that lasts days. It wears off gradually and evenly too. Smells nice and fruity so your sheets won't reak of that 'fake tan' smell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

I've just purchased karora on recommendation from a friend. It was beautiful on her and she's quite pale. Unfortunately I think cocoa brown is useless, everything washed away down the drain. Not a 1 hour tan nor a 3 hour or an overnight. Beautiful texture and smell but I wouldn't recommend it. I want a tan that only takes one coat, maybe a second to really darken it. But certainly not a tan that needs 2 nights to even look vaguely brown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

I'm quite pale so will maybe be giving the Karora tan a try instead.
    €8 for a "good quality" tan seems to good to be true.

is the Karora a mousse or moisturizer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

+1 for the Karora, go for the original one, not the dark if you are only starting out. Or the gradual moisturisor. The tan is spray on, use a mitt and the moisturisor is a lotion. Whatever they use in it leave my skin lovely and soft! Smells really nice too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

I got the dark one but only because tan just fails me. I don't know if it's my skin or what but it takes two coats of tan to have any sort of decent colour, and 3 coats if it's an original / non dark version

Advertisement