Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irish games industry report

• 24-04-2013 2:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭

Last year James McCormick over at Gala Networks compiled the 2012 Irish Games Industry Survey, the most complete report on the Irish games industry to date. If you haven't read the summary, it's very interesting reading - it shows a growth industry which is just finding it's feet, and is very encouraging overall.

He is now compiling the 2013 Irish Games Industry report. If you work for a games company in Ireland and haven't already completed the survey, please do. Solid research like this is how government interest is generated, and helps to convince them to provide support in the forms of grants and funding. It's how we continue to grow the industry at home.

He's also put out the 2013 Irish expat gamedev survey for those people (like me) who have gone to work in the games industry abroad. If you're from Ireland but are living away from home and working in the industry, take a minute and fill it out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭jamiemc

Hi Satchmo,

Yep, it's been a long haul but I'm looking forward to getting the company/dev team number out first, i missed some in the last one, so am up to 118 already and it just keeps rising.

So if you know someone working in a team or games company, no matter what type, please fill in the survey! I hope to cut my figures at the end of May and update the map in June :)

Any chance you can sticky this post, the research will be ongoing for the next couple of years.

Cheers

Jamie

Advertisement