Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suarez Banned for 10 games

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

kraggy wrote: »
    While highly unlikely, the HIV virus can be passed through a human bite. It's a scummy and dangerous thing to do.

10 games is nothing if you ask me.
    And you can die of all sorts of conditions from a smack in the head. 10 is too much when compared with other bans. The Dutch had it about right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

@Football__Tweet
    Did you know? Luis Suárez has been banned for 25 matches at club level since November 2010 but has never recieved a straight red card. #LFC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

CSF wrote: »
    And you can die of all sorts of conditions from a smack in the head. 10 is too much when compared with other bans. The Dutch had it about right.

If he broke Ivanovic's skin, Ivanovic is going to have to wait 3 months to be totally reassured that he hasn't contracted the HIV virus. That's the length of time it takes to show up in a blood test. I wouldn't want that hanging over my head. Would you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Considering the FA considering fracturing someone's skull as not worthy of excess punishment then 10 games for a bite is a joke. But this is the FA so it's hardly surprising.

CSF wrote: »

He was warned about his future conduct last time he was banned, he clearly did not heed that warning. Ban may have been increased because of this from the 7 he might have gotten (without his disciplinary record) to 10. Suppose we'll never know.

I think the 10 games fits the crime to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭Gorilla Rising

Considering the FA considering fracturing someone's skull as not worthy of excess punishment then 10 games for a bite is a joke. But this is the FA so it's hardly surprising.

If someone went in with the intention of fracturing someone's skull (It would be quite obvious) then of course they'd get a lengthy ban.

The comparisons some people are making can happen with honest intentions.

Biting someone is completely different.

If someone went in with the intention of fracturing someone's skull (It would be quite obvious) then of course they'd get a lengthy ban.

The comparisons some people are making can happen with honest intentions.

Biting someone is completely different.

People can also make it look accidental when it's intentional. The one thing Suarex should learn from this is that he'd be far better off stamping, kicking, punching or headbutting an opponent when he's angery. Strong chance he'll get away with it or at most a 3 game ban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I know he had to get a ban but seriously how the FA can arrive at 10 games is unreal . He should have got a 5 game ban and no more . I would honestly rather be bitten then to be stamped on , punched or headbutted . If a 10 game ban was common for any of the above then it would make his ban easy to accept but you don't get 10 game bans for any of the above . All I want is for the FA to show consistency on how they punish players and to me this wasn't the case with this ban .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

People can also make it look accidental when it's intentional. The one thing Suarex should learn from this is that he'd be far better off stamping, kicking, punching or headbutting an opponent when he's angery. Strong chance he'll get away with it or at most a 3 game ban. Has gotten away with it already

FYP
    article-0-1831EC7E000005DC-434_468x318.jpg
    article-2235082-16164669000005DC-108_306x423.jpg
    suarezdive5.gif
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqjrUO0aDOrqYupUmU8wKcEw_vsd1cPgHP98mWCm9bvx0-3mgBCQ
    iHvvo5bLLinZE.gif
    etc etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

People can also make it look accidental when it's intentional. The one thing Suarex should learn from this is that he'd be far better off stamping, kicking, punching or headbutting an opponent when he's angery. Strong chance he'll get away with it or at most a 3 game ban.

This x 1000

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Seeing that Kompany gif makes this ban all the sweeter. Justice or karma baby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Sacramento wrote: »
    He was warned about his future conduct last time he was banned, he clearly did not heed that warning. Ban may have been increased because of this from the 7 he might have gotten (without his disciplinary record) to 10. Suppose we'll never know.

I think the 10 games fits the crime to be honest.

Everyone banned or fined by the FA is warned about future conduct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

RasTa wrote: »
    Seeing that Kompany gif makes this ban all the sweeter. Justice or karma baby.

I thought you were a utd supporter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

I know he had to get a ban but seriously how the FA can arrive at 10 games is unreal . He should have got a 5 game ban and no more . I would honestly rather be bitten then to be stamped on , punched or headbutted . If a 10 game ban was common for any of the above then it would make his ban easy to accept but you don't get 10 game bans for any of the above . All I want is for the FA to show consistency on how they punish players and to me this wasn't the case with this ban .

Don't know how you can defend him or try to make comparisons with other players. It's not the first time he's been charged by the FA for misconduct and it likely won't be the last. That's the game where he came back after an 8 month ban. You'd rather be bitten? The vast majority of people with any understanding of biology would rather be stamped on, punched or headbutted.

This is a very fair ban in my opinion. He's a repeat offender and this offence was a particularly severe one.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭TheBunk1

Do you not think the one thing Suarez should learn from this is that he'd far better off not reacting like an animal when he's angry, or maybe not reacting at all?

niallo27 wrote: »

Doesn't make Suarez's challenge any less deplorable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Mention of Evra in here is a bit sad. The guy got racially abused and is now brought up by a Pool fan to make out like the FA are out to get him.

Suarez needs some kind of anger management to go along with the ban tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Yup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

jive wrote: »

Don't know how you can defend him or try to make comparisons with other players. It's not the first time he's been charged by the FA for misconduct and it likely won't be the last. That's the game where he came back after an 8 month ban. You'd rather be bitten? The vast majority of people with any understanding of biology would rather be stamped on, punched or headbutted.

This is a very fair ban in my opinion. He's a repeat offender and this offence was a particularly severe one.

Had forgotten about that Parker one. Suarez is a danger to his fellow professionals for sure.

• Advertisement

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Doesn't make Suarez's challenge any less deplorable

Will you cop the **** on. There are challenges like that every game every week. Sturridge did it on Sunday. Where is the outcry for him.

Everyone banned or fined by the FA is warned about future conduct

Yes... the point being? Was I wrong in what I said?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭Gorilla Rising

Call me naive, but I don't think players intentionally try to fracture another players skull.

And I don't think advocating stamping, kicking etc instead is a solution.

Yes I would rather be bitten ! A bite at most will only break the skin . A punch could lead to a broken bone if it is hard enough the same as a kick or a headbutt .
    How can you slap a 10 game ban on one incident and then for the next player its another set of rules . All violent misconduct should be treated the same and should carry a maximum ban of 5 games .

Will you cop the **** on. There are challenges like that every game every week. Sturridge did it on Sunday. Where is the outcry for him.

When Sturridge makes a habit of it we will ;)

It's excessive.

If it happened a player from anyone elses club they would think the same.

Good job Liverpool's season is over and the remaining 4 games are meaningless.

So in reality he will miss 4/5 important league games next season( if he stays)

• Advertisement

A player BIT someone in the same game. Rightly takes the outcry

A player BIT someone in the same game. Rightly takes the outcry

I'm sure you were just as horrified when Defoe bit Masherano. The trauma of seeing these two incidents could leave a permanent scar.

TheBunk1 wrote: »
    Do you not think the one thing Suarez should learn from this is that he'd far better off not reacting like an animal when he's angry, or maybe not reacting at all?

No certainly not. It's part what makes him a great player.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I'm sure you were just as horrified when Defoe bit Masherano. The trauma of seeing these two incidents could leave a permanent scar.

That was disgusting as well. Not sure the point you are making.

Its typical all this defensive ****e from a lot of Pool fans, its really tiring. You're player did something utterly horrible and you want to point fingers at the FA, a previous incident, some talking of United bias within the FA. Look at your own player first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

How many games would Suarez have got if he did what Fellani did? Not far off 10 as well Id say such would be the outcry in the media etc. It's ridiculous

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Stop embarrassing yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

This was not even given as a free kick yet the FA did not look at it

huth.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Lonesome Boatman

No its not, its nothing to do with his football ability. He is a disgusting human being.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Yes I would rather be bitten ! A bite at most will only break the skin . A punch could lead to a broken bone if it is hard enough the same as a kick or a headbutt .
    How can you slap a 10 game ban on one incident and then for the next player its another set of rules . All violent misconduct should be treated the same and should carry a maximum ban of 5 games .

yeh a punch could lead to a broken bone but a bite could lead to fúcking AIDS... along with a whole host of other diseases like hep c. Not all violent misconduct is equivalent. If he came out with a pipe and cracked another player over the head would it be a 5 game ban? nah, you have to take everything into account. Repeat offender = longer sentence, simples

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

10 game ban is as good as he was expecting imo,a player with his track record of scummy behaviour should have known that his every move would be scrutinised.It's as if the guy has some kind of mental deficiency,even to the point where he feels as if he's the victim after every wrongdoing on his part.

If Joey Barton did it,there'd be no argument.But there's always a few who'll defend him to the hilt.Someday he'll really hurt someone and will they be so quick to stand by him?

The stuff mentioned here about tackles is moot,they are part of the game and that's it,comparing a mistimed tackle to biting someone is ludicrous.

yeh a punch could lead to a broken bone but a bite could lead to fúcking AIDS... along with a whole host of other diseases like hep c.

You could say a punch to the head or chest could lead to death if your going down that line.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭TheBunk1

Really? And he's missed/going to miss at least 25 games due to the two biting incidents and the racism charge.

I'm not saying he lose his competive edge. I like his desire to win, but it's ridiculous to say that he shouldn't learn his lesson and get his anger under control.

Two separtate incidents of biting another person is frankly insane. There is a deeper psychological issue present when someones first reaction, to what was a nothing tangle with Ivanovic, is to bite them.

That was disgusting as well. Not sure the point you are making.

Its typical all this defensive ****e from a lot of Pool fans, its really tiring. You're player did something utterly horrible and you want to point fingers at the FA, a previous incident, some talking of United bias within the FA. Look at your own player first.

Who's defending him?

You are seeing things that isn't there. Carry on.

Stop embarrassing yourself

Oh god, I'm so embarressed. Blushing.

AIDs has entered the debate.

• Advertisement

You could say a punch to the head or chest could lead to death if your going down that line.

Or a ball to the head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

He bit someone. It's possibly the worst thing you can do to someone and all they can worry about is how 10 games is too much. Jesus. Liverpool fans are unreal. He could kick a swan to death in front of a deaf kid and they'd defend him. Delusional.
    There's no divided opinion, every single one of them has the same mentality about Liverpool matters, so it's easy to speak generally about them.

As a Scunthorpe fan, with United sympathies I'm personally sickened by this and am also loving it at the same time. It's confusing. Suarez is one of the worst excuses for a person I've ever witnessed on the television, and I've seen all but one of the Prime Suspect series AND Cracker an they had some real baddies in there.

Sick to my stomach. Outraged. Joe Duffy job.

No its not, its nothing to do with his football ability. He is a disgusting human being.

lol.

TheBunk1 wrote: »
    Really? And he's missed/going missed at least 25 games due to the two biting incidents and the racism charge.

I'm not saying he lose his competive edge. I like his desire to win, but it's ridiculous to say that he shouldn't learn his lesson and get his anger under control.

Two separtate incidents of biting another person is frankly insane. There is a deeper psychological issue present when someones first reaction, to what was a nothing tangle with Ivanovic, is to bite them.

I said he should learn his lesson, he needs to keep kicking and stamping on players when he gets angry instead of biting them.

Grayditch wrote: »
    He bit someone. It's possibly the worst thing you can do to someone and all they can worry about is how 10 games is too much. Jesus. Liverpool fans are unreal. He could kick a swan to death in front of a deaf kid and they'd defend him. Delusional.
    There's no divided opinion, every single one of them has the same mentality about Liverpool matters, so it's easy to speak generally about them.

As a Scunthorpe fan, with United sympathies I'm personally sickened by this and am also loving it at the same time. It's confusing. Suarez is one of the worst excuses for a person I've ever witnessed on the television, and I've seen all but one of the Prime Suspect series AND Cracker an they had some real baddies in there.

Sick to my stomach. Outraged. Joe Duffy job.

Ring Joe quick

Who's defending him?

You are seeing things that isn't there. Carry on.

You are being defensive, not defending him. You are seeing it as an attack on Suarez, its not, its just he continues to do crazy things.

edit: see your posts above, you want to trivialise it and make it out like its unjust. Its not the case

yeh a punch could lead to a broken bone but a bite could lead to fúcking AIDS... along with a whole host of other diseases like hep c. Not all violent misconduct is equivalent. If he came out with a pipe and cracked another player over the head would it be a 5 game ban? nah, you have to take everything into account. Repeat offender = longer sentence, simples

Hepatitis C and Aids cannot be gotten from Salivia there needs to be blood to blood contact . Now where in christ would you get a pipe on a football pitch ? Also if you hit somebody hard enough you could also kill somebody !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

AIDs has entered the debate.

Good Aids or bad aids?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

A punch could also kill you, so I don't get where you're going with that argument?

efb wrote: »
    Good Aids or bad aids?

Super Aids

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

lol.

I said he should learn his lesson, he needs to keep kicking and stamping on players when he gets angry instead of biting them.

Or he could racially abuse them. That's only eight games.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement