Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suarez Banned for 10 games

Comments

Or he could racially abuse them. That's only eight games.

4 if you're England captain

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Grayditch wrote: »
    He bit someone. It's possibly the worst thing you can do to someone...
    I find that to be an absolutely bizarre statement. Biting someone on the pitch is disgusting and unacceptable but to compare it unfavourably to throwing a punch or breaking someone's leg is absurd. You're really going to tell me that this is worse than Alf-Inge Haland?

Even accounting for past behaviour, ten games (three more than racist abuse!) is far too much. The FA are making it up as they go along
    zerks wrote:
    If Joey Barton did it,there'd be no argument
    Joey Barton got twelve games in 2012 for three separate counts of violent conduct. Suarez is being treated quantifiably worse. And don't tell me that Barton isn't a repeat offender

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

If Ivanovich had been black,they would say "sure how could he be racist and not like blacks,didn't he bite one".

He even managed to embarass a Liverpool legend in Dalglish by the way he was supported then went back on his word to the man that he'd shake Evra's hand yet refused to.This fella has no moral compass yet his fans back him to the hilt after he just keeps dragging the club through the mud,sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

darced wrote: »

He has everything he is the devil !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭TheBunk1

lol.

I said he should learn his lesson, he needs to keep kicking and stamping on players when he gets angry instead of biting them.

At least you're not denying he's a frequent offender anyway.

Makes sense, he'll just get lesser bans but shur what harm, that's part of what makes him a great player.

You are being defensive, not defending him. You are seeing it as an attack on Suarez, its not, its just he continues to do crazy things.

edit: see your posts above, you want to trivialise it and make it out like its unjust. Its not the case

I've made my feelings on Suarez's stupidity clear. You can't defend biting another player.

However, it's natural to compare to other cases and see how inconsistant the FA are. Afaik, you're a Utd fan so you'll remember Rooney swearing ban. I'd imagine you thought that was unjust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Biting is as bad as spitting on someone. It is an outrageously scummy thing to do. And given his track record already, I'm not surprised at all at the ten games, he deserves it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

delighted for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Its a good job Ivanovic isn't black or he'd have been banned for a year.
    While 10 games is ott, I can't say I'm surprised given who was involved and the haste to 'justice'.
    The saddest part of it all that this will inevitably hasten Suarez departure from the EPL.Whether you love him or hate him, he is pure box office.....a hugely talented player that is likely to do anything, either for good or 'evil'. For all the talent of the likes of van persie or bale they are a little lacking in personality imo. The league need talented nutcases like suarez and tevez to liven things up a bit. The EPL has been on everyones lips this week due to this incident as much if not more than uniteds procession to another title. The FA might rue hounding him out of their league one day .

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    If Ivanovich had been black,they would say "sure how could he be racist and not like blacks,didn't he bite one".

He even managed to embarass a Liverpool legend in Dalglish by the way he was supported then went back on his word to the man that he'd shake Evra's hand yet refused to.This fella has no moral compass yet his fans back him to the hilt after he just keeps dragging the club through the mud,sad.

Lol, and the guy with the lowest morals in the league plays for Utd and bangs his brothers wife.

So get off that high horse.

Also, if you're so outraged by his behaviour why are you posting jokes about it all week.

Typical hypocritcal nonsense.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    you're a Utd fan so you'll remember Rooney swearing ban. I'd imagine you thought that was unjust.

Swearing is part of the game,like it or not.Biting isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

CSF wrote: »
    A punch could also kill you, so I don't get where you're going with that argument?
    So you'd suggest charging every footballer who throws a punch with attempted murder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I've made my feelings on Suarez's stupidity clear. You can't defend biting another player.

However, it's natural to compare to other cases and see how inconsistant the FA are. Afaik, you're a Utd fan so you'll remember Rooney swearing ban. I'd imagine you thought that was unjust.

Fair enough on the first bit.

Swearing at a camera is not even on the same scale as someone biting another person. If Rooney gets a 2 match ban for foul language Suarez getting 5x that for, again its mad to even say this, biting someone then he got off lightly imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

Ten games well justified. A dog on the streets would've been shot for the same thing, AIDS or no AIDS.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Biting is as bad as spitting on someone. It is an outrageously scummy thing to do. And given his track record already, I'm not surprised at all at the ten games, he deserves it.

3 match ban for spitting.

So biting is 3 times worse from an FA point of view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Reekwind wrote: »
    I find that to be an absolutely bizarre statement. Biting someone on the pitch is disgusting and unacceptable but to compare it unfavourably to throwing a punch or breaking someone's leg is absurd. You're really going to tell me that this is worse than Alf-Inge Haland?

Even accounting for past behaviour, ten games (three more than racist abuse!) is far too much. The FA are making it up as they go along

Joey Barton got twelve games in 2012 for three separate counts of violent conduct. Suarez is being treated quantifiably worse. And don't tell me that Barton isn't a repeat offender
    I just posted on the other thread. I am a united supporter but was disgusted at Keane. Keane got 3 games with an additional 5 after the biography. That is the standard and is a lot worse than Suarez last weekend.

Keane should have got the same punishment as Cantona and then some following the biography.

Fair enough on the first bit.

Swearing at a camera is not even on the same scale as someone biting another person. If Rooney gets a 2 match ban for foul language Suarez getting 5x that for, again its mad to even say this, biting someone then he got off lightly imo.

What about pre meditated challenges that lead to serious injuries? A year? Life bans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Ilik Urgee wrote: »
    Ten games well justified. A dog on the streets would've been shot for the same thing, AIDS or no AIDS.

What

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Rarnes is probably sitting at home with that white Suarez t-shirt on.

• Advertisement

Lol, and the guy with the lowest morals in the league plays for Utd and bangs his brothers wife.

Also, if you're so outraged by his behaviour why are you posting jokes about it all week.

Why not poke fun at him,no matter what I'd say on the matter you'd appear to moan about it.Nothing hypocritical about it at all,where did I say I'm outraged,you are once more trying to twist things to point score.

Guy does scummy things,gets banned and his fanclub go into meltdown and denial,plus have you ever seen me defend Giggs,I made jokes about him and nobody became enraged unlike yourself.It seems as if my every word irks you in some way.

At least Giggs did it behind closed doors;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

What

Didn't you hear? Suarez has AIDS....

Super AIDS!

Sure am.

Skype?

zerks wrote: »
    Why not poke fun at him,no matter what I'd say on the matter you'd appear to moan about it.Nothing hypocritical about it at all,where did I say I'm outraged,you are once more trying to twist things to point score.

Guy does scummy things,gets banned and his fanclub go into meltdown and denial,plus have you ever seen me defend Giggs,I made jokes about him and nobody became enraged unlike yourself.It seems as if my every word irks you in some way.

At least Giggs did it behind closed doors;)

Makes two of us then ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

So we're not allowed post about Suarez morality because Giggs plays for United?

You're very quick to tell people that Liverpool players/managers have nothing to do with a topic if someone compares them in other instances.

Hypocritical nonsense indeed...

Any Chance of a lend Rarnes ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Anyone who thinks 10 matches is justified clearly has a personal dislike for Liverpool FC or Luis Suarez. Any neutral who can be the least bit objective would say that 10 matches is a big over-reaction by the FA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

niallo27 wrote: »
    You could say a punch to the head or chest could lead to death if your going down that line.

Yeah it could what's your point? There's a certain risk involved here that seems to have gone over your head. Biting carries a significantly higher risk than a dig.

• Advertisement

jive wrote: »
    Yeah it could what's your point? There's a certain risk involved here that seems to have gone over your head. Biting carries a significantly higher risk than a dig.

In what way ?

cambo2008 wrote: »
    So we're not allowed post about Suarez morality because Giggs plays for United?

You're very quick to tell people that Liverpool players/managers have nothing to do with a topic if someone compares them in other instances.

Hypocritical nonsense indeed...

Who said that? Your fascination with Liverpool is fascinating :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Anyone who thinks 10 matches is justified clearly has a personal dislike for Liverpool FC or Luis Suarez. Any neutral who can be the least bit objective would say that 10 matches is a big over-reaction by the FA.

So it's either you agree with me or you are wrong?

I had no problem with Joey Barton's 12 match ban and I've no problem with this.

You can't expect to be treated the same as everybody else if you're going to behave like nobody else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

As opposed to the racist, repeat biter Suarez? Peas in a pod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Hepatitis C and Aids cannot be gotten from Salivia there needs to be blood to blood contact . Now where in christ would you get a pipe on a football pitch ? Also if you hit somebody hard enough you could also kill somebody !

They can be transmitted through biting, amongst many other more likely candidates. They're rarely transmitted but I wouldn't want to be waiting on those test results because some twat bit me, would you?
    A punch could also kill you, so I don't get where you're going with that argument?

See above.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Everybody who watches football is going to be fascinated in some way with the second most successful club in English football - Liverpool ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Throw in the other racist in the premier league and it is the perfect pea pod

I'd rather get a "bite" on the arm than my brother banging my wife.

Doesn't even compare tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

An objective person would wait for the release of the reasoning behind the severity of the ban before passing an opinion.

• Advertisement

What about pre meditated challenges that lead to serious injuries? A year? Life bans?

How do you prove its pre meditated? Challenges are part of the game. Sure we see some really bad ones but its easier to argue 'I was going for the ball' than 'errr i decided to bite him'. do you see the difference?

Well we would be just told to come down off our high horses if we did.

Your varying moral outrage, depending on who the recipient might be is very fascinating.

see. this is the problem, cant see the woods from the trees. everyone is just out to get liverpool. same old bs

In fairness I'd rather get a bite on the arm than ride your wife.

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Well we would be just told to come down off our high horses if we did.

Your varying moral outrage, depending on who the recipient might be is very fascinating.

As is yours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Lonesome Boatman

have to say this whole episode has turned me off Liverpool, especially the defending of Saurez's racism.

bringing a united player into it, another deflecting tactic.

so in this thread we have had well its not as bad as doing X, headbutting is worse, FA are corrupt, united players are horrible.

see it for what it is. theres no other point to be made.

In fairness I'd rather get a bite on the arm than ride your wife.

Ah jaysus, have we sank that low we need personal insults.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Solid logic there.

bringing a united player into it, another deflecting tactic.

so in this thread we have had well its not as bad as doing X, headbutting is worse, FA are corrupt, united players are horrible.

see it for what it is. theres no other point to be made.

No deflecting from me. I've made my feelings known on Suarez.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement