Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sick lamb

Options
  • 24-04-2013 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hello,
    I have a one month old lamb that seems a bit dull, looks stiff when walking and not too lively.
    Any ideas what this would be and how to treat ?
    Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Could be joint ill , did it loose its tail lately? Clonamox/amoxacillin is what I get off the vet for joint ill

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Vendeen

Many Thanks - yea the tail came off lately - by rubber ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

The joint ill infection can get in through the tail, the only lambs i had with joint ill this year were a pair of twins whose tails were chewed off by the ewe

Didnt know that about the tails!! Would it be a good idea to spray iodine on the tail now and again i.e where the rubber ring is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭razor8

ive got the best response from linconson (maybe spelt wrong) this year, lambs were much improved the same day, had tried noroclav before which was good also but not as powerful as linconson

its a real annoying infection, checked a lambs tail only to find ewe had ate end off as well, i find older ewes that probably lacked enough colostrum are also main offenders

• Advertisement

Many thanks for that

Advertisement