Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Debt Australia

Options
  • 24-04-2013 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

I have just had some very serious news from home and myself and family have to return from Australia (We are not residents in Oz)

I have been out of work waiting on visas to come through and have basically spend all our savings waiting on the visa so i can work (Long story i was made redundant at Xmas and couldnt work until new visa was finalised) but when the visa came through i also got the other news from home in the same week.

I have to put about 4000 on a Mastercard from an Oz bank and i will be in no position to pay it back in the short term as im a plumber and wont have work at home.

I do intend to pay it back but i believe my credit will be shot in Australia which is not the end of the world as i may not be going back in the next few years but would love to return some day.

My question, is there a world wide credit rating that would be affected if i do not pay it back for a while that will affect me in Ireland?

I am aware of the moral implications but maybe before you judge you did not sell all your belongings to move to Oz to try to make it only to be made redundant and are in a deep hole and now need to leave with a young family.

Thanks for info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

There is no worldwide credit reporting. It is all up to you wether you want to pay it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

The forum isn't here for you to seek a way to leave your debt behind, whatever your good intentions. Talk to the card issuer, and make arrangements with them. If it's truely an emergency, I'm sure they'll be come to some understanding with you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement