Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing from Digiweb supplied router

• 24-04-2013 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hi all,

Sorry if this is a silly question....
    I have broadband in the house (through the phone line -DSL) from digiweb using a Zxyel wireless router that they supplied.

If I wanted to change the router to a different type, is it just a matter of disconnecting theirs, connecting the new one (possibly changing some settings) and away you go.......

I've been trying to search for some info on this but I'm more confused than ever..........

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Yes - All you would really need is the ATM settings for the DSL link and your username and password - all of which their support folks could supply you with.

Transfer them over the the appropriate place on the new router, move the phoneline to the new routers DSL port and that should be it.

Advertisement