Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is pass level irish oral the same as honours

• 24-04-2013 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

So i heard the irsh oral is common so does that mean that pass students get asked the same questions as the honour students. And do they learn the same scraith pictiur as honours also??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 94Conor

Pretty much, but honours students get asked stuff like opinions on things and current events too. For example, people doing honours in my school were asked about the bomb in Boston last week and their opinion on facebook/social media. The pass class weren't asked any stuff like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

94Conor wrote: »
    Pretty much, but honours students get asked stuff like opinions on things and current events too. For example, people doing honours in my school were asked about the bomb in Boston last week and their opinion on facebook/social media. The pass class weren't asked any stuff like that.

The examiner doesn't know if the student is higher level or ordinary level when he goes in

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

mossy95 wrote: »
    The examiner doesn't know if the student is higher level or ordinary level when he goes in

My Irish teacher had said that they'd have a fair idea of their level after a few minutes and would ask questions accordingly. People who does higher level in my school also got asked questions that were much harder than what OL got asked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Both get the same oral so if someone higher drops down on the day the oral mark will be the same. Depends on the examiner you get at the end of the day as to what questions they ask. The examiner we had this year asked both levels the exact same easy questions.

Last years examiner in my school asked them there level before they started.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 dorcan

Ordinary is marked the same as higher but i wouldn't worry about it because the examiner will know what level you are doing almost straight away. Plus on the actually paper they have made parts of it easier to counter the effect of the orals, if you wanting an A

Advertisement