Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donkey care ?

• 24-04-2013 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi I have two donkeys, a 9 month old and a 4 year old jack, sadly we have to have the older one put down so I'm basically wondering does anyone know what age, sex, donkey would be best to buy to keep the 9 month old company??
    They will kept as pets and will be around kids, thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭missmyler

Sorry to jump on the adopt don't buy bandwagon but please consider a rescue donkey if possible! There are tons being dumped recently. Also sorry to hear your one has to be put to sleep, it's never easy

I will PM you more details. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 24 vichoro

Thank you for your help, much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TOOYOUNGTODIE

Hi

I have two Jack donkeys, see pic below(they broke into neighbours cows!!!)
    I was told dont get two males as they will fight, my two play with each other all the time and are great mates, they never fight. If you get a jenny be prepared for foals.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 vichoro

Great pic : ) thanks for advice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I would geld the jack and then It wouldn't matter who his new friend is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

There is a great crowd called The Donkey Sanctuary.ie

They have rescued foals & donkeys & maybe could advise . You could consider looking at rescuing/fostering one of theirs as a companion for your little donkey to see how they got along before you committed. ( and give a new little foal or gentle older donkey a new home)

I'm very sorry to hear about your olde donkey : (

Advertisement