Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD Ghosts] General News and Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭EireGreg

Was just playing it the last few hours the games tops, bigger maps but 1 or 2 small levels and a great snow level, you have to buy guns with coins you earn which is good i guess but guns and everything feel great deadly game, was looking at the leader board and theres people with 40 hours already crazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

x43r0 wrote: »
    This part worries me the most :(

He also says health is minimal. its a gun game, he sounds like a gowl

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭SimmerDean

twitch support gave go ahead for streaming so plenty to watch online now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

49 gb storage needed for ps4 wow

http://www.codghosts.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

SimmerDean wrote: »
    twitch support gave go ahead for streaming so plenty to watch online now
    Looking at it. I've seen the Stonehenge map (I think its called) and some map that looks like a car-park. They are huge. The second one looks annoying - full of rooms where when you run through there are people waiting. Early signs of the maps so far aren't great. Seems like everyone is running with long range weapons.

EDIT: @ Neon Lights. One of the guys dislikes really makes me worried:

"The maps are far too large. This game simply cannot be played as a 4v4. If it is, it's a moronic decision based on nothing but the past

The maps have no symmetry, are cluttered and contain far too many obstacles and avenues."

This is what I hated so much about BO2. Maps on MW3 were by the most part completely well round and the majority of things in the map had reason to be there. :/

• Advertisement

the stonehenge map is huge really good map some deadly vantage points, its a brillant game they did well

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

3 games in and I've already seen a nuke :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

that link above just killed my excitement for the game. the maps sound horrible from what they all said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

MarkY91 wrote: »
    that link above just killed my excitement for the game. the maps sound horrible from what they all said

Please bare in mind they are taking a lot of that from a competitive call of duty standpoint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,057 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Played a few games now one thing that annoys me is no option to install texture maps on hd so Bluray drive is reading all the time and seen some graphics drawing before my eyes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

fcukin lunge knifing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

So from early reports, big maps too big, small maps too small, no ground war, maps are awful and spawn points are all over the place. yeaahhh I'll be giving this a miss, COD rage is something I have no need for right now :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im a bit surprised how the reaction is so quite regarding cod ghost. Delighted to see tbh

Hopefully the devs might actually learn now that making the same crap every year isnt going to cut it anymore

Headshot wrote: »
    Im a bit surprised how the reaction is so quite regarding cod ghost. Delighted to see tbh

Hopefully the devs might actually learn now that making the same crap every year isnt going to cut it anymore

Be the first one I havent bought at launch since COD4, oh and WAW but I was out of the country for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

krudler wrote: »
    Be the first one I havent bought at launch since COD4, oh and WAW but I was out of the country for that.

it will be my first one ever

Very happy

yeah early impressions are I much prefer Treyarch's efforts. Maybe the PS4 version will play better, don't see the points of gimmicks like the Dog or playing as a female solder! I'm still seeing lag thought there was supposed to be dedicated servers? Also pain no bars to gauge if your in a ****e connection lobby. As a dedicated COD fan I'm not feeling the love for this chapter!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

I'm now thinking of getting bf4 tomorrow instead! What to do what to do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

claymores and bettys gone ? true or false anyone know for sure i watched a few videos and cant see them

No capture the flag either? Never played it much but wasn't that a staple of competitive matches?

Well going downstairs for another session will report back if I find anything positive for Ghosts! Also looks like street date was well broken in most of Europe as you know the online globe map most of western Europe was lit up!

• Advertisement

claymores and bettys gone theres a thing like the claymore tho not as good tho

im getting the game tomorrow. will also be getting it on ps4 so feel free to add me on PSN. im mostly a domination player but will venture into the new gamemodes too

MarkLogan-91

edit: do you think gamestop or other stores in dublin city centre will have copies in stock for people who didnt preorder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

There are a few streams on twitch already. I have a feeling it is complete carbon copy of previous cods. I want to see a proper high quality stream first though.
    Someone said PS4 reviews should be up soon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

No banner pops up when you kill someone. So you basically haven't a clue who you just killed unless you look at the kill feed. That's ridiculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I think this round will be the first where Battlefield puts a serious dent in the franchise. I was - still am, to a certain extent, a big COD fan, and while I didn't care much for BF3, BF4 is just so incredibly good, Ghosts would have to be an absolute show stealer to best it...I just don't see it happening.

Just saw on another forum, someone saying that Ghosts wouldn't play because the game refused to start without the minimum 6GB of Ram. Surely that can't be true, I refuse to believe that it is. If BF4 can get by comfortably enough on 3-4GB, I see no reason in the world Ghosts would need a ludicrous minimum of 6gb.

278843.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Just saw on another forum, someone saying that Ghosts wouldn't play because the game refused to start without the minimum 6GB of Ram. Surely that can't be true, I refuse to believe that it is. If BF4 can get by comfortably enough on 3-4GB, I see no reason in the world Ghosts would need a ludicrous minimum of 6gb.

I think it could be trolling of the highest order . I would like full details of where the person is from and all relevant info like are they running the latest drivers or not . Plus the Video Card they also have in the system too .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

278843.jpg

6 isn't ludicrous, I have 16 in my big desktop. Could have 32 but no need.

CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS PC MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
    Posted by GhostsNews in Call of Duty: Ghosts on Oct 23, 2013 11:15:26 AM
    The PC version of Call of Duty: Ghosts is set to be one of the best Call of Duty experiences ever. To make sure that your PC is ready to go on November 5, here are the minimum system requirements:

Minimum System Requirements:

CPU: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom™ X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or better
    Memory: 6 GB RAM
    Hard Disk Space: 40 GB
    Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTS 450 / ATI® Radeon™ HD 5870 or better
    Sound: DirectX compatible sound card
    DirectX®: DirectX® 11
    Internet: Broadband Internet connection for Steam and Online Multiplayer.

Call of Duty®: Ghosts is available November 5th, 2013. Pre-order now and get all the latest news by following the Call of Duty®: Ghosts Facebook page and Twitter (@CallofDuty and @InfinityWard).
    87092 Views Tags: pc_specs Content tagged with pc_specs , call_of_duty_ghosts Content tagged with call_of_duty_ghosts

From call of duties website.

• Advertisement

But yet check out guru3d where a user is reporting less then 2gb of use .

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=4692680#post4692680

Also I see the game has been hacked already on PS3 with an aimbo and wallhack . I will pm the link don't want to post it up .

JamboMac wrote: »
    6 isn't ludicrous, I have 16 in my big desktop. Could have 32 but no need.

That's entirely irrelevant. You could have 64gb in your desktop for all you wanted, but the point was that no game requires anywhere near 6gb ram. Even Battlefield 4 and its huge 64 man maps don't take more than 3-4gb at a stretch. You don't think a requirement for 6gb ram as a minimum spec for a new Call of Duty is ludicrous? Perhaps you could explain why......?

That's entirely irrelevant. You could have 64gb in your desktop for all you wanted, but the point was that no game requires anywhere near 6gb ram. Even Battlefield 4 and its huge 64 man maps don't take more than 3-4gb at a stretch. You don't think a requirement for 6gb ram as a minimum spec for a new Call of Duty is ludicrous? Perhaps you could explain why......?

I have to agree with you Terror , if it's inbuilt to stop people playing the PC version it's very wrong . I mean the number of people playing on PC has dropped off fairly big time over the last number of years . I would honestly say I think their min specs are just to show rather then actual min specs .

If your running 64 bit operating system you need 8 for battlefield.

Windows Vista
    Recommended system requirements
    The recommended PC system requirements for optimal visual quality and frame rates:
    Quad core CPU (Intel Core i5 or i7) at 3 Ghz
    4 GB memory (8 GB for 64-bit operating systems)
    A modern DX11 graphics card with 2+ GB of video memory, GeForce 600 series or Radeon 7000 series
    Windows 7 64-bit operating system (Windows 8 is supported as well)
    30+ GB of free harddrive space
    Battlefield 4 is slightly optimized for AMD hardware, since the game also runs on next gen consoles, which are powered by AMD CPUs and GPUs. This means that gamers with AMD PC graphics cards might see a slight advantage. Both Nvidia and AMD offer Battlefield 4 optimized PC drivers. Be sure to also check out our Best graphics cards for Battlefield 4 article, with an in-depth analysis on the best GPUs for the game.

It's run smoothly it's not just the size of the map or the amount of players in it coz they are taking care of there part. The your in constantly loads while you move into it and all the detail, it might just be them playing safe, but if you want the game upgrade your ram if not problem solved.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 _YOLO_

Headshot wrote: »

I'm with you guys. Battlefield stole my heart.

First year I didn't pre-order. Pre-order numbers are way down too. I believe there is a shortage of nearly a million pre-ordered copies from BLOPS2. That's saying something.
    The COD franchise is dying and nobody, not even the developers themselves, seem to give a flying dogsh1te. Those of us who have been playing this game for the best part of 7 years are starting to see that handing over 100+ Euro (including DLC's) for what is essentially a glorified map pack is a kick in the teeth and the lowest form of insult.

For those of you that love COD - the best thing you can do now is to boycott the game. Don't buy it. Hit Activision where it hurts, their pockets. THEN, they will listen. This game would have been acceptable a few years ago but when you look at a game like BF4 and see what is technically possible and achievable in 2014, then there is simply no excuses for churning out these outdated COD games.
    dricko_lim wrote: »
    I'm now thinking of getting bf4 tomorrow instead! What to do what to do!

If you're thinking of coming over to the dark side, then I'd strongly recommend you either get BF4 on PC or wait for the new generation consoles. The 360/PS3 simply cannot technically handle the MONSTER that is Battlefield. And it would be counter-productive as it will tarnish your opinion of what is, quite simply, a quality product.

I'm currently playing BF4 at 2560x1080 ultra settings, on 4GB of ram on Win8.1 and it's fine...again, no need for a 6gb minimum - and an enforced minimum at that.

• Advertisement

alot seem to be unhappy with ghosts. ill be happy to buy it off you tomorrow around southside dublin :P

Yeah I think IW have dropped the ball big time on this really hope Treyarch bring out something decent next year as this is just a mess looks like it was rushed out graphics look poor, maybe it will look and play better but I see it as a backwards step even from MW3! I'm kind of sad about this and will be interested to see others views when u get your hands on it. Maybe it plays better on the 360 but I doubt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Just watching on twitch now. To me it looks like a mix of mw2 and mw3, not impressed at all so far :( I'll definitely pick it up as I always put hours and hours on CoD games but I was hoping for a bit more from this. That's just from watching though. Will have to reserve judgement till I actually play the game

Is there bullet trajectory in battlefield if not it's no use the most fun I've had playing multiplayer online was operation flashpoint but, died because people prefer the simple bullets go infinitely straight and don't drop. Battlefield and cod are mainly designed for the 10 year olds who aren't supposed to play them.

_YOLO_ wrote: »
    I'm with you guys. Battlefield stole my heart.

First year I didn't pre-order. Pre-order numbers are way down too. I believe there is a shortage of nearly a million pre-ordered copies from BLOPS2. That's saying something.
    The COD franchise is dying and nobody, not even the developers themselves, seem to give a flying dogsh1te. Those of us who have been playing this game for the best part of 7 years are starting to see that handing over 100+ Euro (including DLC's) for what is essentially a glorified map pack is a kick in the teeth and the lowest form of insult.

For those of you that love COD - the best thing you can do now is to boycott the game. Don't buy it. Hit Activision where it hurts, their pockets. THEN, they will listen. This game would have been acceptable a few years ago but when you look at a game like BF4 and see what is technically possible and achievable in 2014, then there is simply no excuses for churning out these outdated COD games.

If you're thinking of coming over to the dark side, then I'd strongly recommend you either get BF4 on PC or wait for the new generation consoles. The 360/PS3 simply cannot technically handle the MONSTER that is Battlefield. And it would be counter-productive as it will tarnish your opinion of what is, quite simply, a quality product.

I played the BF4 beta on ps3 and the framerate was criminal, it's the one saving grace of COD that it's silky smooth all the time, and since it's so fast paced you need that. I know a beta isn't something to judge a final product on but meh. It does look absolutely stunning on pc though

• Advertisement

That's a bit unfair, plenty of 10, 20, 30, 50 and beyond above year olds that aren't particularly interested in hardcore game physics. BF does have trajectory to a certain extent, but to be fair, if you're looking for some sort of genuine battlefield experience, stick to ARMA.

COD is pure arcade. BF4 is far more team orientated, all arms battlefield combat with a better sense of realism but still nowhere near the likes of ARMA. Not sure who would actually expect that from BF4 though, being realistic, and it never pretended to be a hardcore war simulator.

If you want ARMA, why not just stick to ARMA? :confused:

JamboMac wrote: »
    Is there bullet trajectory in battlefield if not it's no use the most fun I've had playing multiplayer online was operation flashpoint but, died because people prefer the simple bullets go infinitely straight and don't drop. Battlefield and cod are mainly designed for the 10 year olds who aren't supposed to play them.

Bullets drop in Battlefield. You have to analyse how far an enemy is away from you before adjusting your range.

I played the BF4 beta on ps3 and the framerate was criminal, it's the one saving grace of COD that it's silky smooth all the time, and since it's so fast paced you need that. I know a beta isn't something to judge a final product on but meh. It does look absolutely stunning on pc though

BF4 is 60 frames per second on next-gen consoles. ;)

A lot of people push aside Battlefield without understanding the game which I think is a shame. First thing's first - it's not Call of Duty. There are no lone rangers and there are no lone wolves. You are a part of a small squad (your best friends in the world on the battlefield) within a team of 32 players.

In COD, one person can dominate, carry the team and win the game. Battlefield, in a sense, is 1 V 1. The 1 vs. 1 are the two Commanders and they have a birds-eye view of the entire battlefield. You, and the rest of the 31 players on your team are simply his pawns on a chess board (albeit with a mind of their own ;) ). You can choose to follow his orders or not. If you do, he'll reward you by promoting your squad, sending you in UAV's, predator missiles, care packages etc. Contrary to belief it's not a 5 minute run to the fight everytime you spawn....the people that say this are not aware that you should be spawning on your squad mates and backing them up...they, instead, spawn back at the base.

When I play COD I get the feeling like "F*** Yeah! upside down 360 no-scope quad kill!" But I don't feel like this anymore...perhaps I've grown out of it. When I play Battlefield I don't care about doing well....with the map crumbling in around me, explosions everywhere and the sight of 61 other players crammed down a hallway desperately trying to gain an inch and with two Commanders ****ting each other.....I'm, well.....just .....happy to be there. :o

guys, i know when you play on ps3 then get a ps4 the stats carry over but do they HAVE to? i want a fresh start for when i play on ps4. is there at least a stat reset token like in blops2?

So anyone pick it up yet? initial thoughts? It's early yet but I dunno if I'll bother with this, the COD player in me wants it to be good, the gamer wants Activision to suffer financially and up their game and stop rehashing the same thing year after year

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

I gets a 7 day xbox live trial code but no free fall code. Some balls.

I honestly don't think neither Treyarch or Infinity Ward are capable of taking this franchise forward at this point. We've seen their work. It's time for somebody new. I don't think they have the skill nor the talent among the developer ranks.

This is supposed to be the posterboy of the video game industry and yet with each new edition it looks further and further outdated and out of touch with modern technology.

My Call of Duty experience will be releasing in March 2014 under the name Titanfall. My nextdoor neighbour picked Ghosts up a while ago. Few games in and just got a text from him "ur rite, garbage :("

Time for Activision to contract Treyarch out to develop a Zombies standalone. Disband Infinity Ward altogether before their legacy is any more tainted and contract the COD franchise out to a new, hungry, young, talented devs to reboot the series in their vision and interpretation.

I still hope out for an epic WW2 return for COD - that'll be what could separate it from BF and the murky area of modern warfare all the main competitors are swimming in.

apparently the maps are so big is becuase they were made for next gen and next gen games will be 9v9 standard. or so TmarTn said anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

MarkY91 wrote: »
    apparently the maps are so big is becuase they were made for next gen and next gen games will be 9v9 standard. or so TmarTn said anyways

So its grand for PC gamers?

• Advertisement
Advertisement