Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD Ghosts] General News and Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Chef-1st

Just did another 4hr stint. I'm not liking multiplayer at all. I recommend anyone starting out and learning the maps to just play squad mode.
    It's much better, more fun, less pub stomping, and less lag. YES you heard me, the dreaded lag is back. I was put in to mad lobbies with a mixture of USA and EURO players (usual Spanish, Italian gamers). My deaths were just like blops2, shoot first - die first, and the killcam said I didn't even shoot. Enemies were at least a 1-1.5 seconds ahead of me. I kept checking my broadband speeds and it was good my end, 30ms ping, 8M up, 1.2M down. Nothing wrong my end. I don't think there are as many player online in this as in previous CODs. Seemingly the dedicated servers aren't online yet either. If this is another bullsh*t lie then this is the final straw. The game is on thin ice as it is with me.
    Because squads mode is just you against one other player, there is hardly any, if any lag at all.
    It's the fastest way to earn squad points too, so you can start buying perks, guns and attachments.
    It's too much of a disheartening raping grind when you just play in standard multiplayer games, because there are very good player already.

As for the maps and general graphics, I hate them. Maps are a mess. And it's very hard to make out players because the colours and graphics are washed out and dull. I bet it is 10 times better and easier to play on next gen consoles.
    Earlier I was going to storm up to Supervalu and demand my money back, but held back the rage.
    I was playing blitz in multiplayer. That is a tough game mode. It's camper paradise. Anyway, bottom line, play squads for a while!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Does XP, Unlocks, Squad points etc. unlocked in Squads mode transfer to Multiplayer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

x43r0 wrote: »
    Does XP, Unlocks, Squad points etc. unlocked in Squads mode transfer to Multiplayer?

Yeah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

lkionm wrote: »
    Yeah.

That sounds a bit mental - I assume squads is much easier??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

What's the story with playing as another member of your squad? I've bought 2 with the points but can't seem to play as them? Is there a level requirement?

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

RadioFunk wrote: »
    not sure about this game at all.

even the 'call of duty' fanboys are cold on it.

extraordinary stuff considering this is coming from WoodysGamertag !!!!

cant see this game lasting a whole year. i give it until jan/feb maximum.

Re the maps he says "it's a dreadful place to be."

War is hell Woody.

x43r0 wrote: »
    That sounds a bit mental - I assume squads is much easier??

I played 1 minute. Think you play against one other person. Along with your bots.

It's a bit like boot camp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

Made top 200 in squads last night, prob dropped way down seeing as im in work today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

ok i had another few hours play..and my opinion of the game is now GOOD!...i like it. although the killstreaks are **** and boring..i still like it.

MarkLogan-91 <<add me if you want a domination player who actually captures the flags

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

MarkY91 wrote: »
    ok i had another few hours play..and my opinion of the game is now GOOD!...i like it. although the killstreaks are **** and boring..i still like it.

MarkLogan-91 <<add me if you want a domination player who actually captures the flags

Xbox?

As harry enfield would say, "EGGSBOX £3.60"

eggsbox.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

How exactly do you get squad points in this game? I'm on lvl 17 now with none of them.

How exactly do you get squad points in this game? I'm on lvl 17 now with none of them.

You play the squads mode

I play objective games and I got a good few for lv 11. Think I got around 20 altogether

Add me on XBL TG SoggyBeaver

• Advertisement

Are there no challenges at all?

Are there no challenges at all?

Yeah there is for guns. The usual ones.

Haven't seen game mode challenges apart from on field objectives

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Delboy007

Yea i can not find any too, this is a big pain, they have to be somewere, anyone help on this

Delboy007 wrote: »
    Yea i can not find any too, this is a big pain, they have to be somewere, anyone help on this

I think squads and field orders replace this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

If you click operations than click into the the list of 5 individually you will see more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Reason why I'm enjoying it is cos there is a great buzz from killing a single person. And getting streaks feels great cos it's not easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Oh activision,

"Activision Issues Cease & Desist to CoD: Ghosts FOV Changer"

http://www.gamefront.com/activision-issues-cease-desist-to-cod-ghosts-fov-changer/

Burgo wrote: »
    Oh activision,

"Activision Issues Cease & Desist to CoD: Ghosts FOV Changer"

http://www.gamefront.com/activision-issues-cease-desist-to-cod-ghosts-fov-changer/

i dont understand a word that article said :\

Any one know the sales?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

How do I see the full list of challenges, doing my nut in here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Every time you level up you get 2, afaik. You get some for doing challenges I think too, and of course squad mode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭locustfurnace

For some reason my camo/rectile/background/patch is gone from the insignia pack, for purchasing hardened edition. Had em equipped but they're gone now when I went to put the camo on another gun? :S wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Ramza wrote: »
    Every time you level up you get 2, afaik. You get some for doing challenges I think too, and of course squad mode
    Thanks. I noticed that I just got confused. For some reason I thought Squad points was different from those. :o

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Okay, those who've been posting here for a few years will know that I was always someone who tried to give COD a chance when I bought it despite my love for the series deteriorating year in, year out. I say that as someone who did mostly enjoy BOPS and to a certain extent, MW2. I tried to give each game at least a month knowing patches would no doubt be around the corner and what not in supposedly improving the experience for each COD game.

I played Ghosts for a few hours earlier at a friend's place, my first bit of COD in 10 months if I'm correct. Factoring in the point that I really have no intention of playing it Ghosts again, so I'll just give my 2c on it now while it's fresh in mind.

It's truly a shambolic, abysmal mess of an FPS game with the COD name stamped to it. If it wasn't called Call of Duty, I don't think the majority here who bought the game, would have bought the game. As well, I genuinely didn't think it was possible to make something as bad, scratch that, worse than MW3, but low and behold, they (IW and Activision) have proved me wrong.

The maps are, I don't know what they are. Clusterfucks I suppose is the apt word in describing it. Huge clusterfucks. The size alone screams Ground War. Where is Ground War?!?!) Why was it removed :confused: Shocking thought process went into that. The only map I kinda liked was Strike Zone I think. The guns? Meh. Same ol, same ol. Just a reskin and name change it feels like. Seems like everyone is using one class again like every COD game since Black Ops, this time it's assault rifles. The perks and killstreaks seem like one big, complicated (guess what word I'll use) cluster****. They repeatedly keep messing up the perks system since COD4 really.

I brought it up before, a year ago I reckon and got some frankly aggressive and IMO, naive replies for it, but the social aspect is surely the reason why so many people return to the series, that and the ability to pick up the controller and if you're half decent at the FPS genre, you're able to hold your own in a COD game. Whereas perhaps in other FPS games, because there is a learning curve, the scores produced in COD couldn't be replicated thus it's a hit to the confidence let's just say. I just cannot comprehend how the series is still popular. You saw it's dwindling, I agree, but it's still popular and that's a fact.

I'll always have great memories of COD2 and COD4. I'll always have some decent memories of MW2 and BOPS. It's just very disappointing to see what has become of this series. Activision are continuing to do what they typically do with the great gaming series of the past. Chuffed it wasn't my money, just time wasted. Despite my time away from the series, I personally played fine. Top scored in all but two games.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

One positive comment I almost forgot, a couple of the new game modes are quite good. The new SnD one and Blitz. I did enjoy their inclusions, even if the maps weren't constructive towards either. Miss Sabotage though :)

I haven't played it so I STILL can't comment about the actual game but with regards to the social aspect, it's a huge factor for me. I really liked BLOPs, MW3 and BLOPs2 but it wouldn't be very often I'd play unless a few of the lads were on to have a bit of craic with. That may also be because I find randomers rage inducing but yeah, you're spot on there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 battletoads

I haven't played it so I STILL can't comment about the actual game but with regards to the social aspect, it's a huge factor for me. I really liked BLOPs, MW3 and BLOPs2 but it wouldn't be very often I'd play unless a few of the lads were on to have a bit of craic with. That may also be because I find randomers rage inducing but yeah, you're spot on there

A lot of the older crowd moved over to Battlefield when MW3 came out. Only the young remain now. My cousins (10-15 years of age) absolutely love COD, but hate BF. At midnight launch, the people queuing up for Battlefield 4 were well into their 30's. I was the youngest one there by a country mile. If anyone was at the COD midnight launch, they'll testify to the fact that there were tonnes of mothers and fathers holding their kids hands....I went along with my mates who picked up Ghosts. Looking at the queue, I was so embarrassed I left and sat on the wall having a cigarette....

Completely different demographic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

All games are better with a party.

I'm tempted to see if I can borrow this before I buy it. No way it's as bad as some folks are making out.

I'm tempted to see if I can borrow this before I buy it. No way it's as bad as some folks are making out.

No not at all. They are just frustrated at it because the maps are new and a little bit more complicated than the likes of nuke town and hijacked.

It's just rage.

i cant really complaing except that the killstreaks are terribly boring. worst set of killstreaks in any clla of duty...thats including cod4!

other than that...im having fun on it :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 battletoads

No not at all. They are just frustrated at it because the maps are new and a little bit more complicated than the likes of nuke town and hijacked.

It's just rage.

When you've been playing COD for as long as we have, it starts to get tedious. I'm not hating on the game. If you find it compelling, then more power to you. I wish I could feel that again....just like I felt it with COD4, but I can't. :(

One day you'll feel the same, young grasshopper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I think the problem with the map sizes is that they were made for the bigger player count that the Xbox One and PS4 have - the same player count that Black Ops 2 had. They weren't able to manage to work it so they could cope with 18 players due to sloppy programming, down-porting or whatever - OK. The problem is that they still have these maps that are designed for 18 players, but they've taken out a third of the players and so they feel like big empty cavernous areas.

• Advertisement

When you've been playing COD for as long as we have, it starts to get tedious. I'm not hating on the game. If you find it compelling, then more power to you. I wish I could feel that again....just like I felt it with COD4, but I can't. :(

One day you'll feel the same, young grasshopper.

My penis is way bigger than yours.

Wait what?

Alright lads, the thread is for discussing the game. Less of the condescending remarks and the rest, cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

A lot of the older crowd moved over to Battlefield when MW3 came out. Only the young remain now. My cousins (10-15 years of age) absolutely love COD, but hate BF. At midnight launch, the people queuing up for Battlefield 4 were well into their 30's. I was the youngest one there by a country mile. If anyone was at the COD midnight launch, they'll testify to the fact that there were tonnes of mothers and fathers holding their kids hands....I went along with my mates who picked up Ghosts. Looking at the queue, I was so embarrassed I left and sat on the wall having a cigarette....

Completely different demographic.

wouldnt be so sure about that.My 11 year old brought his ps3 over so he could play bf4-12 of his mates have it.He switched to bf3 and only plays cod for the zombies.

Anyone that queues for any game at midnight needs to get their head checked :pac:

lkionm, it's okay...you can relax. There is no gun to your head...deep breaths...

I want you to know that it's OK to like other games. You sound like an Activision bot in your defense of this game. How about you view it on merit?

There is so much more this publisher and devs could give us, but they choose not to. They could give us all the old maps and open source it to allow modders to create maps and game-types, custom clothing, guns etc. They could give us a map creator but they choose not to. They could allow us to gamble real money and take a small % off winnings while keeping COD free to play. They could have real dedicated servers and not some half cast crap. They could give us a standalone zombies disk within the case, but they choose not to. They could invest in a new engine with new animations and not re-use previous one's, but they choose not to.

I cannot and will not defend a company that treats it's customers with such contempt.

Wow.

Have you played the game? I'm on my phone and not bothered to look through the thread.

Are you discussing the game or the 'demographic'?

The rest of us were discussing the game like adults. Why shouldn't a 10 year old or a 40 year old not be allowed play the same game?

Why should the 12 year old be lambasted for playing it. Age has no factor in being able to play a game. any fps you learn the routes and spawns and your fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Have to agree that it's more a social thing for me I've made some good friends playing COD and most of us are the wrong side of 40, I'll continue to play this but have to say I'm hoping that Treyarch pull out all the stops for next years edition it would be great if they focused on next gen consoles and go back to basics, I think in a way the mess that IW have made of this will force Activisions hand and allow Treyarch to produce something decent next year. I would also think they need to bring in a new developer and drop IW, Sledgehamer and Ravan.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Delboy007

srumball wrote: »
    How do I see the full list of challenges, doing my nut in here

Yea found it, so in menu go to operations and you have 4 or 5 section and they are like 10 in each one, ie perks one of them for me was to use slight of hand get 20 kills after change guns etc or game mode win 12 Team death match, come in top 3 5 times in hardcore team death match etc etc. So u have all them doe like 2 weeks and then they change and u get squad points for completing each one mixes it up a bit, if you do not like them all it will cost u 1 squad point.

• Advertisement

returnNull wrote: »
    Anyone that queues for any game at midnight needs to get their head checked :pac:

Can you elaborate on this? You could stretch that a bit further and just say anyone who plays/buys video games needs their heads checked? :confused:, pretty ridiculous statement to make

so what gun do you guys find best? 95% of the time im using the 1st assault rifle(i dont know its name) its doing a grand job for me so i havent really tried anything else

im hearing the honey badger is a beast but when i tried it out, it had major recoil compared to the above rifle i mentioned above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

so what gun do you guys find best? 95% of the time im using the 1st assault rifle(i dont know its name) its doing a grand job for me so i havent really tried anything else

im hearing the honey badger is a beast but when i tried it out, it had major recoil compared to the above rifle i mentioned above
    Stick a red dot and grip on the Honey Badger and it's grand I've found anyway. The other AR is ok too so far.

Haven't really used anything else yet myself.

The sc2010 I believe it is :) I'm running Honey badger with ext mags and grip, iron sights are really clean and just fine imo, loving it. Haven't used anything else :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

Ramza wrote: »
    Can you elaborate on this? You could stretch that a bit further and just say anyone who plays/buys video games needs their heads checked? :confused:, pretty ridiculous statement to make

here's a hint..see this bad boy here
    >:pac:
    Thats a smilely.Normally indicates a joke.
    So take your underpants off,untwist them and put them back on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement