Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD Ghosts] General News and Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

returnNull wrote: »
    here's a hint..see this bad boy here
    >:pac:
    Thats a smilely.Normally indicates a joke.
    So take your underpants off,untwist them and put them back on.

Well, it was an open ended statement that could have been interpreted two ways, since this is the internet :rolleyes: calm down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Last warning lads, get back on topic please,

Thanks

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

Ramza wrote: »
    Well, it was an open ended statement that could have been interpreted two ways, since this is the internet :rolleyes: calm down
    EDIT:Seen mod warning

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

All games are better with a party.

I'm tempted to see if I can borrow this before I buy it. No way it's as bad as some folks are making out.

That goes without saying. For COD, I feel it plays a bigger impact than most other games at this stage, though.

Social aspect and pick up n play are it's main appeals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    That goes without saying. For COD, I feel it plays a bigger impact than most other games at this stage, though.

Social aspect and pick up n play are it's main appeals.

Same with any game that requires teamwork. Randoms are awful to play with. It's not actually very easy to pick up and play. When I first started playing I was woeful but was playing with a friend and got better, he left Xbox and I joined the ladies on here and now my other friend picked up blops 2 an was woeful at it. It takes hours to be decent. I get what you are saying about pick up and play for old players though.

If you really wanted to get into the sociological aspect of games you will probably find people are influenced by those around them. As much as people 'hate' cod they only hate it the same way people hate Justin bieber, society tells them to even though they never played it or listened to call of duty. Or like how I used to like bands but they became too commercial crap. Games and society evolve. Cod will always be at the centre of popular culture for games. It's just ingrained into society. We even saw here the guy re regging twice to tell us how crap this game is. People are crazy and get influenced by those around them into thinking statements are truths without looking into it for themselves.

I know you used to play a lot of cod and were mod here, but there was some awful people playing cod at that time on here too. That could have spoilt it for you. I was bored the other night and read the pages of ****e from that fight and I'm glad I wasn't around then because I wouldn't have stayed and would have kept playing battlefield. Now that was a clusterf.uck.

It's a bit like leaving a job, in the end you get bitter and don't remember the good times and only remember the bad things.

I would be happy playing blops for another year. You meet nice people. The cod forum are going for beers this month sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

How many players will be in the standard TDM, Kill Confirmed etc. playlists on xbox one and ps4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Ramza wrote: »
    The sc2010 I believe it is :) I'm running Honey badger with ext mags and grip, iron sights are really clean and just fine imo, loving it. Haven't used anything else :P

thats the one!..ive tried the honey badger with iron sights, i guess im just too used to the sc2010's lack of recoil. it feels like the M4A1 or ACR so im guessing its not the most powerfull but i win most my gunfights with it. will give the honey badger a proper go tonight

lkionm wrote: »
    Same with any game that requires teamwork. Randoms are awful to play with. It's not actually very easy to pick up and play. When I first started playing I was woeful but was playing with a friend and got better, he left Xbox and I joined the ladies on here and now my other friend picked up blops 2 an was woeful at it. It takes hours to be decent. I get what you are saying about pick up and play for old players though.

If you really wanted to get into the sociological aspect of games you will probably find people are influenced by those around them. As much as people 'hate' cod they only hate it the same way people hate Justin bieber, society tells them to even though they never played it or listened to call of duty. Or like how I used to like bands but they became too commercial crap. Games and society evolve. Cod will always be at the centre of popular culture for games. It's just ingrained into society. We even saw here the guy re regging twice to tell us how crap this game is. People are crazy and get influenced by those around them into thinking statements are truths without looking into it for themselves.

I know you used to play a lot of cod and were mod here, but there was some awful people playing cod at that time on here too. That could have spoilt it for you. I was bored the other night and read the pages of ****e from that fight and I'm glad I wasn't around then because I wouldn't have stayed and would have kept playing battlefield. Now that was a clusterf.uck.

It's a bit like leaving a job, in the end you get bitter and don't remember the good times and only remember the bad things.

I would be happy playing blops for another year. You meet nice people. The cod forum are going for beers this month sure.

That's a subject I can't really go into detail on here, unless there was a no holds barred section, but suffice to say there is an element of that, true. :)
    However, at the core of it is that COD2 and COD4 for me were right up there with the most enjoyable online experiences I had when it comes to FPS games , gameplay wise as well as socially, but that's my point. I'm able to put the social aspect side of it aside and judge the game for what it is.

I buy games for the gameplay first and foremost. If that box isn't ticked, well the social aspect can only keep me going for so long. In the past that could have been a 6 months or so with previous COD games in truth. I honestly tried not commenting on Battlefield today :p, but Battlefield provides both for me and has done for the better part of two years now with Battlefield 3 and soon to be Battlefield 4. I just cannot put up with as much averageness (being kind) that Ghosts presents.

Black Ops II had some things going for it at least, btw. Some decent maps and that King of the Hill game mode being truly superb. When I got rid of the game, I missed that game mode alone for a bit.

They should just re-release COD4 with a couple of perk changes and next-gen graphics and I'll be happy as larry again.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Chef-1st

None of my online buddies are on Ghosts, and probably won't ever be. It was an optimistic move on my part buying this game hoping it would cancel out the bull in Blops2. But multiplayer is just the worst for me. You an say what you like about giving it a good go, but if the feeling is not there, it's not there. It's a terrible game. Between the lag, the maps, the spawns, the camping, the dull lackluster colours. It's it's worse than blops2.

Anyone know what my statutory rights are on returning a game for a refund? (bought in Supervalu)

EDIT: I watched that video above after I posted this, and it sums up my feelings to this game 100%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 DroppinIn69

Nice. So much for the death of cod.

this post irked me to the point that i had to drop in and rectify this blatant rubbish. cod ghosts has NOT made a billion dollars. it hasn't come even close. they have not earned a billion dollars from gamers/sales. the billion dollar figure is coming from the game stores. activision have earned a billion dollars from gaming stores buying copies, not actual people/gamers/players.

in fact, blops2 didn't outsell mw3. and ghosts will not outsell blops2.

less and less people are buying call of duty every year. this is a fact. i'll allow machinima to explain this one to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

I've created a new clan and invited some of you, any one else want an invite send me a pm
    Its called "boards dot ie"

Doc is the commander of boards.ie but I don't think he's got the app working

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Look forward to getting in some games with this thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

Chef-1st wrote: »
    None of my online buddies are on Ghosts, and probably won't ever be. It was an optimistic move on my part buying this game hoping it would cancel out the bull in Blops2. But multiplayer is just the worst for me. You an say what you like about giving it a good go, but if the feeling is not there, it's not there. It's a terrible game. Between the lag, the maps, the spawns, the camping, the dull lackluster colours. It's it's worse than blops2.

Anyone know what my statutory rights are on returning a game for a refund? (bought in Supervalu)

EDIT: I watched that video above after I posted this, and it sums up my feelings to this game 100%.

You could return it on the grounds sale of goods and supply of services act :P

Goods weren't of merchantable quality and you were mislead on the contents of the game. Not by Supervalu, by infinity ward, but its their fault for stocking the game.

I'm just grinding squads, getting master prestige and then, only then will I play multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Picked up Ghosts yesterday. Played about 30-40 minutes of MP with three mates and didn't think much of it. Am I gonna hate on it? No.

It's all new to me. New maps, new guns, new feel. I'll give it a week or two before I settle into the game and I'm confident (hopeful really) that I'll enjoy it. Then and only then will I sing its praises or bitch and moan about it.

I did however play about 40 mins of the campaign and am liking it so far. I'm looking forward to getting out of work to get back to playing it :)

Feel free to add me on the 360 - DaveNoCheese

this post irked me to the point that i had to drop in and rectify this blatant rubbish. cod ghosts has NOT made a billion dollars. it hasn't come even close. they have not earned a billion dollars from gamers/sales. the billion dollar figure is coming from the game stores. activision have earned a billion dollars from gaming stores buying copies, not actual people/gamers/players.

in fact, blops2 didn't outsell mw3. and ghosts will not outsell blops2.

less and less people are buying call of duty every year. this is a fact. i'll allow machinima to explain this one to you.

Jaw fell to the ground when I first saw a vid relating to the news before heading out last night. Thankfully looked into it proper and was relieved. Some terribly half arsed reporting in the media.

Also, :pac: at the Ghost v MW2 campaign comparison clip. Was immediately thinking of Bay and his re-use of movies clips in future movie titles.

Picked up Ghosts yesterday. Played about 30-40 minutes of MP with three mates and didn't think much of it. Am I gonna hate on it? No.

It's all new to me. New maps, new guns, new feel. I'll give it a week or two before I settle into the game and I'm confident (hopeful really) that I'll enjoy it. Then and only then will I sing its praises or bitch and moan about it.

I did however play about 40 mins of the campaign and am liking it so far. I'm looking forward to getting out of work to get back to playing it :)

Feel free to add me on the 360 - DaveNoCheese

You can admit that you'll force yourself to like it because your friends will play it if you wish :P I joke, I hope lol.

Does anybody get the impression that some of the ghosts maps are drawing ideas from black ops 2? I was thinking that to myself last night with loads of examples and thought I had a really good point. Forget them now though, but they will come back to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

You can admit that you'll force yourself to like it because your friends will play it if you wish :P I joke, I hope lol.

Playing in a full party with friends makes these games way more enjoyable anyway so there's very little forcing to be done in fairness

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

x43r0 wrote: »
    Playing in a full party with friends makes these games way more enjoyable anyway so there's very little forcing to be done in fairness

I'd play crash bandicoot if there was a party of us on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Does anybody get the impression that some of the ghosts maps are drawing ideas from black ops 2? I was thinking that to myself last night with loads of examples and thought I had a really good point. Forget them now though, but they will come back to me.

I noticed that with MW3. The maps seemed like the rejects of MW2.

If I wasn't so broke I might be tempted to pick this up. I have a feeling though there will be a lot of second hand copies around soon enough..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

For the most part, you're above statement is right. I will play a game if a bunch of us are going to be playing and that's only for the social aspect. I'll never force myself to like a game though.

I really enjoyed MW3, actually, I loved MW3. It annoyed the bejaysus out of me at times but had so much fun playing that game.

x43r0 wrote: »

Already addressed this somewhat above. It's just my genuine belief that people near force themselves to play games (COD) because their friends play it is all, I don't think it's a far fatched idea in this day and age where people conform to the majority like there is no tomorrow. I know myself, there was an element of that somewhat and I can hold my hands up and admit, albeit very embarrassed looking back as I didn't like x COD game at the time. I'd be a two faced liar if I said otherwise. Same goes with FIFA, another poisons franchise that draws the masses. EA Sports (I stress this part) is on the same level as Activision really, in terms of my disdain at them despite previously pouring in the hours into both games.

I made the switch to Battlefield 3 when most of my friends list were pretty much COD gamers still. I made the switch because COD's gameplay had run it's course and I refuse to give money to a company like Activision any more when it comes to this series. As I said previously, gameplay is key for me, next comes the social aspect of it all in terms of importance. Not the other way around. It should never be like this. Ever. Goes for most things, not just gaming it goes without saying.

I'd play crash bandicoot if there was a party of us on...

I wouldn't need online friends to play Crash Bandicoot tbh, one of the best PS game franchises to play it back in the day (bring it back Naughty Dog -_-), or now. Each to their own I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Jaw fell to the ground when I first saw a vid relating to the news before heading out last night. Thankfully looked into it proper and was relieved. Some terribly half arsed reporting in the media.

Also, :pac: at the Ghost v MW2 campaign comparison clip. Was immediately thinking of Bay and his re-use of movies clips in future movie titles.

The shots from The Island making it into Transformers 3? There was a reason for that though, during the sequence they shot for TF3 a stuntman was killed so they didn't complete the shoot and used footage from the chase scene in the The Island and filled in the gaps with CGI, some B roll footage and altered shots. He does love his "guys standing up in slow-mo while camera pans around them with awesome sunset or helicopter above them" shot though :pac:

For the most part, you're above statement is right. I will play a game if a bunch of us are going to be playing and that's only for the social aspect. I'll never force myself to like a game though.

I really enjoyed MW3, actually, I loved MW3. It annoyed the bejaysus out of me at times but had so much fun playing that game.

Just reading back, I would have been better off saying force oneself to play a game rather than liking it.

Not talking about yourself here, but it's my gut feeling that there are people who are too scared to admit it there is truth to what I've said. That COD is bad-average game and they play it almost entirely due to their friends playing it. I hear and read a lot of former COD players admit it, be it online or IRL, but never here. I just find it all peculiar.

There's a reason why I hold someone like Adam Sessler's opinion very highly in that he distinguishes the gritty detail behind every game that many mainstream gaming media (IGN comes to mind immediately) fail to address in separating the game play facets to those of the social ones. I can safely say I enjoyed Battlefield 3 when I went solo at times to when I was playing in a big group of friends, for me now, that shows a game's worth when it comes to online level. I could do the same with COD4, Black Ops I and while I highly critical at the time, MW2 to a smaller extent playing solo too.

• Advertisement

What makes a good game or a "bad-average" game??? Its all subjective.

krudler wrote: »
    The shots from The Island making it into Transformers 3? There was a reason for that though, during the sequence they shot for TF3 a stuntman was killed so they didn't complete the shoot and used footage from the chase scene in the The Island and filled in the gaps with CGI, some B roll footage and altered shots. He does love his "guys standing up in slow-mo while camera pans around them with awesome sunset or helicopter above them" shot though :pac:

Was thinking of scenes from the Bad Boys 2(?) highway chase being in TF3 namely. There was probably more, like the sunrise/sunset, chopper background, guy slowly getting up with full pan around shots, etc. I fully expect similar in the TMNT movie, another part of my childhood he's going to butcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭kitnan

Just wondering if anyone that has played the single player noticed that the first mission resues animations from the end of MW2, which you can see here:

What does everyone think? I'm in two minds. On the one hand I would expect more from them considering the price of the game and the money they make. But on the other, reuse of animation has been going on in film and tv for quite some time.

Already addressed this somewhat above. It's just my genuine belief that people near force themselves to play games (COD) because their friends play it is all, I don't think it's a far fatched idea in this day and age where people conform to the majority like there is no tomorrow. I know myself, there was an element of that somewhat and I can hold my hands up and admit, albeit very embarrassed looking back as I didn't like x COD game at the time. I'd be a two faced liar if I said otherwise. Same goes with FIFA, another poisons franchise that draws the masses. EA Sports (I stress this part) is on the same level as Activision really, in terms of my disdain at them despite previously pouring in the hours into both games.

I made the switch to Battlefield 3 when most of my friends list were pretty much COD gamers still. I made the switch because COD's gameplay had run it's course and I refuse to give money to a company like Activision any more when it comes to this series. As I said previously, gameplay is key for me, next comes the social aspect of it all in terms of importance. Not the other way around. It should never be like this. Ever. Goes for most things, not just gaming it goes without saying.

I wouldn't need online friends to play Crash Bandicoot tbh, one of the best PS game franchises to play it back in the day (bring it back Naughty Dog -_-), or now. Each to their own I suppose.

We can discuss the social impact cod made on gaming culture all day if you want. It pretty much changed the genre when it first came out.

I told you people are influenced by those around them and society. Of course they will play the game if their friends are playing, it's an enjoyable game. Cod and battlefield are the same thing dressed in different clothes in essence. Tdm cap the flag, domination.

I played bf3 myself and moved back to cod, cod was more action and less grey. I still have dreams about that level in the train station. So grey. Battlefield is good, il probably pick it up as well and trade in gta. I'll enjoy battlefield but I will probably end up preferring cod.

This conforming to the majority thing is such a hipster post, especially since you moved to battlefield. Both fps shooters. It's a bit like how people say oh I loved the early biffy clyro but not the new stuff. Or the chili peppers stuff sounds the same. Everyone conforms to what society tells you. It's simple. You don't go around being a scumbag injecting heroin up your arse do you? No because society tells us it's wrong. We all conform to the same thing. All of us here have had more or less the same background.

People like cod, people like battlefield. Both are good. What's more annoying about these launches is that you get a lot of people coming in shoving battlefield down your throat. Does that happen in the bf forum? I haven't been in there for years.

As for FIFA, people like to play soccer games, they like to have the new teams, jerseys. I buy FIFA and football manager every 2 years myself.

kitnan wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone that has played the single player noticed that the first mission resues animations from the end of MW2, which you can see here:

What does everyone think? I'm in two minds. On the one hand I would expect more from them considering the price of the game and the money they make. But on the other, reuse of animation has been going on in film and tv for quite some time.

It's nothing to worry about. It makes sense right? It's only a cutscene where you are tapping A anyway. It's not like they copied and pasted a full mission. They know people don't watch cutscenes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭kitnan

It's nothing to worry about. It makes sense right? It's only a cutscene where you are tapping A anyway. It's not like they copied and pasted a full mission. They know people don't watch cutscenes

It just seemed a tad lazy to me, but I guess you could call it efficiency at the same time. You said people don't watch cutscenes? I love the set pieces in CoD, they've been one of the few things that get me interested in playing the campaign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

whats the update on this? Is there still a night in limerick or is everyone going to the UFC in london? I only ask cause I'd definitely make an effort to get to limerick.

whats the update on this? Is there still a night in limerick or is everyone going to the UFC in london? I only ask cause I'd definitely make an effort to get to limerick.

I'll sort out a thread for it but the Limerick one is going ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Just reading back, I would have been better off saying force oneself to play a game rather than liking it.

Not talking about yourself here, but it's my gut feeling that there are people who are too scared to admit it there is truth to what I've said. That COD is bad-average game and they play it almost entirely due to their friends playing it. I hear and read a lot of former COD players admit it, be it online or IRL, but never here. I just find it all peculiar.

I stopped playing FPS games after MW2, I was just burned out on them had spent ages on COD2, COD3, Modern warfare 1 and 2. On a whim, I happened to pick up BLOPS2 in tesco the day after release cause It was cheaper than everywhere else and I figured It'd have a high trade in value If i didnt enjoy it.

so far I've logged over 270 hours in multiplayer, the most time i reckon I've ever spent on any game ever. Its had its ups and downs, but definitely far more positives than negatives, it all seemed so fresh to me. even the recycled maps in the DLC were new to me. I was happy out playing on my own, but over the course of play, I met a few of the lads from on here and It only added to the enjoyment.

The conclusion I'd come to , is if you go in with no assumptions or preconceptions, you'll be blown away by the sheer scale of whats available. these games, taken in isolation are genuine AAA titles. If you've been grinding away on game after game, there's obviously a sort of fatigue setting in, its to be expected and also a sort of ingrained sense of how things "should be".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 dav86

says it all really....no way this is lasting as year

dav86 wrote: »

It appears that sledgehammer games are developing modern warfare 4

We can discuss the social impact cod made on gaming culture all day if you want. It pretty much changed the genre when it first came out.

We really don't. My point was COD players these days are afraid to branch out because COD is simplified, with no real team aspect and because they cling on to whatever they're friends are playing. Never ending roundabout for some. Seems there are people are in denial about this, which was what I couldn't comprehend as previously mentioned.
    I told you people are influenced by those around them and society. Of course they will play the game if their friends are playing, it's an enjoyable game. Cod and battlefield are the same thing dressed in different clothes in essence. Tdm cap the flag, domination.

Yes, I'm very well aware of this. It's more the case with COD players IMO that the social influence is more apparent in FPS games.
    I played bf3 myself and moved back to cod, cod was more action and less grey. I still have dreams about that level in the train station. So grey. Battlefield is good, il probably pick it up as well and trade in gta. I'll enjoy battlefield but I will probably end up preferring cod.

* Genuinely didn't want to bring Battlefield into this like I said last night, I can't stress this enough* :(

Wait, Metro you're talking about? The map that is spent three quarters underground, a lot of it without proper lighting and a fair bit of rubble around? Of course it's going to be grey. What about the opening and closing section to the map? I can name numerous maps that are awash with colour if you wish, although if you quickly Googled or Youtube searched BF3 maps yourself, or something along those lines, you'd be quite wrong if you were referring to the maps in general.

Ghosts is very grey IMO, does that bother you? The colour pallet genuinely doesn't matter too much to me. I remember BOPS got slated for it by some here, I never understand that, the game played well and that was most important to me.

COD has more more action, obviously, but not better action I'd argue. Maybe you were playing Conquest on console and on the wrong maps to play it, but if you've played Rush, there is plenty of action to be found.
    This conforming to the majority thing is such a hipster post, especially since you moved to battlefield. Both fps shooters. It's a bit like how people say oh I loved the early biffy clyro but not the new stuff. Or the chili peppers stuff sounds the same. Everyone conforms to what society tells you. It's simple. You don't go around being a scumbag injecting heroin up your arse do you? No because society tells us it's wrong. We all conform to the same thing. All of us here have had more or less the same background.

Cheers for hipster jibe. Mucho gracias amigo.

If switching FPS games for my own interests and not the interests of others makes me a hipster, so be it. I regret nothing. I called it ages ago when MW2 was released and I was told off by the majority of the forum at the time, that the series was in a downward spiral. Insulted, laughed at and numerous :rolleyes: emoctions were a plenty. The sales figures dwindling shows who was right.
    People like cod, people like battlefield. Both are good. What's more annoying about these launches is that you get a lot of people coming in shoving battlefield down your throat. Does that happen in the bf forum? I haven't been in there for years.

Ugh, I didn't come in here wanting to talk about Battlefield! I said as much last night, until someone brought into the discussion in response to me. So I duly replied as it would have been rude not to.

It's not my fault people are removing their hands from their eyes and realise they're playing a degrading product something of which Activision are prone to doing. Kudos to those people I say.

If people enjoy MW3, Ghosts, etc, good on them, but in turn, I sincerely worry for the state of online FPS gaming.
    As for FIFA, people like to play soccer games, they like to have the new teams, jerseys. I buy FIFA and football manager every 2 years myself.

Yes, and new game modes and the like?

Those who actually played FIFA throughout this current gen know they were making strides in improving their product. Their last two, arguably three games are glorified DLC however. The inclusion of Pro Club and FIFA Ultimate Team, while both flawed in some ways were wondering additions to the game.

Good on you for having some sense in buying it every two years at least.

dav86 wrote: »

I might agree with everything he said, but it was the gameplay from 6 mins onwards that brought a smile to my face, just had to say that :pac:

I stopped playing FPS games after MW2, I was just burned out on them had spent ages on COD2, COD3, Modern warfare 1 and 2. On a whim, I happened to pick up BLOPS2 in tesco the day after release cause It was cheaper than everywhere else and I figured It'd have a high trade in value If i didnt enjoy it.

so far I've logged over 270 hours in multiplayer, the most time i reckon I've ever spent on any game ever. Its had its ups and downs, but definitely far more positives than negatives, it all seemed so fresh to me. even the recycled maps in the DLC were new to me. I was happy out playing on my own, but over the course of play, I met a few of the lads from on here and It only added to the enjoyment.

The conclusion I'd come to , is if you go in with no assumptions or preconceptions, you'll be blown away by the sheer scale of whats available. these games, taken in isolation are genuine AAA titles. If you've been grinding away on game after game, there's obviously a sort of fatigue setting in, its to be expected and also a sort of ingrained sense of how things "should be".

Fair enough. I've always said, I've high expectations and that grinds on a lot of people, but I'd live no other way :) Same goes for COD. When you reach the heights of COD2 and COD4 in delivering a high quality online gaming experience, it shouldn't be hard in maintaining that. General gamer fatigue does come in eventually, of course. There was on online game this didn't come in for me though, and it was the latter of the two games I mentioned. Played it solid for two years on two consoles and martyrdom aside, I loved it. If they game was playable, I'd be playing it to this day as my COD fix from time to time! But, around 2007-2009 I couldn't foresee the series taking such dramatic nosedive in quality despite the previous warning when I was a kid with the Tony Hawk series from Activision, which went from a brilliant series to one of awfulness by the time it ended.

I thought Black Ops II was an ok game myself, and have said it a few times since I traded it in that I wouldn't mind picking it up possibly further down the line (not at this stage.

Out of curiosity and as someone who doesn't follow a single COD dedicated YT commentator any more and for some time in truth, what is the general consensus on Ghosts in the main from them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

MiCr0 wrote: »
    I've created a new clan and invited some of you, any one else want an invite send me a pm
    Its called "boards dot ie"

Doc is the commander of boards.ie but I don't think he's got the app working

I'll try it again later on today, haven't a clue why it isn't working properly... Tried to invite x and elkat and an error happened and they couldn't join...

I'll try it again later on today, haven't a clue why it isn't working properly... Tried to invite x and elkat and an error happened and they couldn't join...

Why they didnt make it browser based or fully smartphone compatible is beyond me

Do we need to have an elite account yeah?

Do we need to have an elite account yeah?

its a new system so you have to sign up/transfer accounts from elite to get signed up. Given that they had nigh to 2 years to develop this, its a poor show. Very user inaccessible. Infinity Ward have to be the laziest bunch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Out of curiosity and as someone who doesn't follow a single COD dedicated YT commentator any more and for some time in truth, what is the general consensus on Ghosts in the main from them?

I saw some clips from Sandy Ravage and Whiteboy and they were loving it early on.
    - run & gun
    - great hit detection/connection
    - mindless fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Woody and onlyusemeblade both hate it it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

"I like it" is getting thrown around a lot by them, but with little to back it up other than the guns are good etc.

The lads from #TheRace didn't seem to be enjoying it

• Registered Users Posts: 1 malketh

This game is the biggest heap of sh1te known to mankind. Gutted i spent money on it. picked it up at 9.30am this morning. returning it at 5.30pm this afternoon.

avoid it like cancer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Wow, there's not enjoying a game and there's hating it to the point you're motivated enough to register on here and post about it

I'm impressed

Advertisement