Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD Ghosts] General News and Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I agree best review ever!

Sorry, my post was ambiguous. I was agreeing with x43r0 and being sarcastic subsequently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Please let him be the 3rd account of yolo and battle toads. Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 colinF

I just got back from Gamestop. Returned it and got store credit. Guy behind the counter said they're inundated with returns. Doesn't look good. :( When I was walking out I seen some blind dude collecting money for charity so I went across the road to the ATM, took 60 big one's out and threw it in his donation box. That alone has given me more satisfaction than Ghosts ever could. Sorrowful attempt on the part of the developers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

i dont understand why its getting such a hammering here at boards...are ye all doing ****e or something?

its call of duty. we have come acustomed to minor changes in gameplay and a few maps and guns added in. you all expected a little too much....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

I'm enjoying it, I did not get my hopes up like I did for the last few years. I have come to expect this....

• Advertisement

x43r0 wrote: »
    Wow, there's not enjoying a game and there's hating it to the point you're motivated enough to register on here and post about it

I'm impressed

No other game brings that level of hate. It's fantastic to see

• Registered Users Posts: 2 thunderingkunt

WILL YOU PEOPLE COP ON.

THIS GAME IS CALL OF DUTY IN NAME ONLY. ITS NOT MADE BY THE SAME PEOPLE THAT MADE COD4 OR MW2. THEY ARE GONE TO ANOTHER COMPANY NOW ITS CALLED RESPAWN. THIS IS NOT CALL OF DUTY IN SPIRIT, HEART AND SOUL. ITS A PLASTIC KNOCK-OFF WITH THE NAME SPLASHED ACROSS IT.

IF YOU WANT INNOVATION THEN WAIT FOR TITANFALL!! THE ORIGINAL COD4 CREATORS ARE MAKING THAT. THIS GAME IS NOTHING BUT GARBAGE. THEY WANT YOUR MONEY. DONT BE FOOLED

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

OUCH MY EYES!! QUIET OVER THERE!!

Hahahahahahahahahaha oh yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 thunderingkunt

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Out of curiosity and as someone who doesn't follow a single COD dedicated YT commentator any more and for some time in truth, what is the general consensus on Ghosts in the main from them?

THE USUAL ESTABLISHMENT HACKS LIKE WHITEBOY, ALI A, AND TMARTN ARE VIEW WHORING. ITS WHAT THEY DO BEST BECAUSE THEY KNOW THAT IF COD DIES, THEIR CHANNELS DIE TOO. GOTTA MAINTAIN THAT YOUTUBE MONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

OTHERS DISLIKE IT COMPLETELY. MOST HAVE IGNORED IT ENTIRELY. STRANGE THAT WOODYSGAMERTAG HATES IT....HE'S USUALLY AN ACTIVISION HACK TOO.

DONT LISTEN TO THE PAID EMPLOYEES OF ACTIVISION. LEARN TO TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN COMMENTATORS. THERE ARE SOME GREAT, TRUTHFUL PEOPLE OUT THERE. STAY SAFE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

THE USUAL ESTABLISHMENT HACKS LIKE WHITEBOY, ALI A, AND TMARTN ARE VIEW WHORING. ITS WHAT THEY DO BEST BECAUSE THEY KNOW THAT IF COD DIES, THEIR CHANNELS DIE TOO. GOTTA MAINTAIN THAT YOUTUBE MONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

OTHERS DISLIKE IT COMPLETELY. MOST HAVE IGNORED IT ENTIRELY. STRANGE THAT WOODYSGAMERTAG HATES IT....HE'S USUALLY AN ACTIVISION HACK TOO.

DONT LISTEN TO THE PAID EMPLOYEES OF ACTIVISION. LEARN TO TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN COMMENTATORS. THERE ARE SOME GREAT, TRUTHFUL PEOPLE OUT THERE. STAY SAFE

ALI A ALSO HAS DIVERSIFIED INTO MINECRAFT AND HAS A PRESENTING JOB FOR VIRGIN MEDIA IN THE UK AMONG MANY OTHERS.

TMARTN HAS HIS DOG AND IS CURRENTLY LIVING WITH SYNDICATE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I DON'T KNOW WHY WE'RE ALL SHOUTING

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭theblaqueguy

Could people in this thread please stop shouting its hurting my ears and its not very nice to the other boards users!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

ALI A ALSO HAS DIVERSIFIED INTO MINECRAFT AND HAS A PRESENTING JOB FOR VIRGIN MEDIA IN THE UK AMONG MANY OTHERS.

TMARTN HAS HIS DOG AND IS CURRENTLY LIVING WITH SYNDICATE.

Tmartn also seems to own as much property as donald trump, so I'd say cod videos are a handy secondary source of income for him.

I LOVE LAMP!

NO MOM, I WON'T BE BACK FOR DINNER. THERE IS SOMEBODY WRONG ON THE INTERNET

Chef-1st wrote: »
    Well Supervalu wouldn't let me return the game. No refund, no store credit. 3 managers surrounded me while I argued consumer rights and stonewalled me for the whole 15 minutes saying "your not getting a refund or store credit, it's as simple as that". Terribly ignorant and rude.

I'd consider myself a longterm COD player since the first COD ever. But even I can't justify this game.

What do you reckon gamestop's trade-in value would be?

**** all value. better off selling it on adverts.ie. could easily get 40-45 euro

Well Supervalu wouldn't let me return the game. No refund, no store credit. 3 managers surrounded me while I argued consumer rights and stonewalled me for the whole 15 minutes saying "your not getting a refund or store credit, it's as simple as that". Terribly ignorant and rude.

I'd consider myself a longterm COD player since the first COD ever. But even I can't justify this game.

To be fair, they were perfectly within their rights to turn you away, they wouldnt let you return a cd if you didnt like it either.

You don't have any rights. What did you actually expect? You know you can't just return an item because you don't like it right. There isn't a law saying oh here try it out but don't worry, feel free to bring it back.

Customers are cray cray.

MarkY91 wrote: »
    **** all value. better off selling it on adverts.ie. could easily get 40-45 euro

Offer 40 if interested. I'm in cork.

Edit - offer is to Chef-1st

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Chef-1st

Offer 40 if interested. I'm in cork.

I'd actually feel bad taking €40 off you. I'd sell it for €35 if you've a paypal account and don't mind me posting it to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

They wouldn't let me return the box of cereal I had opened either.... cheek of them

where are you based? Id be happier collecting it since I lost all that money to that nigerian banker a few years back.

paypal is an option alright though.

You are obviously not a man of business,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Buy high, sell low!

I'm in Meath. PM me if you're interested, in the interest of keeping the thread clean of sales stuff.

BTW, it's PS3 disc (with the €9.99 upgrade to PS4 offer in the box)

I just sent a PM and realised Its PS3 you have, ah well thanks anyway. you should have no problem moving it on at that price. I read on some other thread about someone trading it in against his ps4 at gamestop and getting more in store credit than he actually paid for it to begin with, so theres always that route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

Consumer rights dont cover a person not liking the product.Im not surprised they were rude and ignorant if you were going on about something you havent a clue about for 15 minutes.

returnNull wrote: »
    Consumer rights dont cover a person not liking the product.Im not surprised they were rude and ignorant if you were going on about something you havent a clue about for 15 minutes.

...Troll much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

On what basis did you want to return the game? Did it not work?

...Troll much?

You can't be serious.

I have dealt with customers and still do. What did you expect?
    Buy the game and bring it back no problem after you opened it?

You know customers don't actually have that many rights when returning things.

Some stores can be sound and allow you bring back pants but they have every right not to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

I purchased a breakfast roll in super value deli the other day and had a bite of it in the van. Ugh them things are rotten. F##kers wouldnt give me a refund even when i explained that sauce on a baguette isnt my taste. Any1 want to buy it off me?

...Troll much?
    Pointing out that you're clueless about consumer law isnt trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shottyhull

It says it all really when the sunshine and lollipop thread has a grand total of 5 posts and the megabitch thread spans 4 pages long in addition to all the negativity on this thread - in addition this threads pages has soared to 20 pages of negativity in just 48 hours. thats nearly half the full amount of pages of the entire thread since it was first posted back in feb....shocking stuff really....

.......the lag in this game is truly shocking...abysmal stuff. if you haven't bought this game yet think of mw3 lag only worse! yeah scary thought :(

call of lagfest...ghosts is dead on arrival....nothing they can do to bring this back from the brink. im so disappointed

I love how people with their first post on the site know how to embed videos.

• Advertisement

there's an awful lot of recent reg accounts in this thread and they have all been banned after posting once.....

lkionm wrote: »
    I love how people with their first post on the site know how to embed videos.

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Are the servers down at moment ps3 same with playstation network?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

If someone is trolling, report it. If you think someone is a rereg, report it

It's against site rules to call other users either of these even if it's true. Use the report button and let the mods deal with it

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Cormo87

colinF wrote: »
    I just got back from Gamestop. Returned it and got store credit. Guy behind the counter said they're inundated with returns. Doesn't look good. :( When I was walking out I seen some blind dude collecting money for charity so I went across the road to the ATM, took 60 big one's out and threw it in his donation box. That alone has given me more satisfaction than Ghosts ever could. Sorrowful attempt on the part of the developers.

Really thinking of returning mine with Gamestop, how did you get store credit for it? By just saying you weren't happy with the game?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

To the poster PM'ing me, asking whether I'm the alt-accounts, get a grip with yourself. Like I'd need to do that to validate my opinion.
    MarkY91 wrote: »
    i dont understand why its getting such a hammering here at boards...are ye all doing ****e or something?

its call of duty. we have come acustomed to minor changes in gameplay and a few maps and guns added in. you all expected a little too much....

I was holding a comfortable 2:1 - 3:1 K/D mostly playing solo for a couple of hours after 10 months away from any COD, so no, it's not that at all.

I was hoping against hope that the game would be more in line with titles like COD4, MW2, Black Ops 1, etc. If that's expecting too much, well then I was expecting too much.

The lads from #TheRace didn't seem to be enjoying it

I've no idea who they are :o
    krudler wrote: »
    Woody and onlyusemeblade both hate it it seems.

I thought Woody was in line to work at Activision? I remember him saying something about applying for a job a couple of years ago, before I unsubbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Not sure what to think of it all. One minute I am doing terrible and hate the game. Next I go on amazing runs and just kill everyone in sight and even got a streak of 15 going which is good for this game since you can be killed in the blink of an eye. A really strange game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Ah sure 12 hours of gameplay and I'm starting to get used to it, it's not as bad as I first made out, some of the good things include the Search and destroy variant, Cranked is good crack, it can only get better on the PS4, better graphics, hopefully they will turn on the fabled dedicated servers.

@Princess Petulia our Mod, have you picked it up yet and what do you think?

@the battlefield spammers go back to your little forum before a bunch of Team Cod go over and start posting how BF4 is the spawn of Satan ;)

So tonight I had my first night on understanding the modes, not so much the maps as of yet, slowly getting to know them. The maps get better and some maps were designed with certain game modes in mind. I think these maps are only a clusterf uck as ye said because no one knew the maps and all had a circle jerk in the middle. People are getting to know them now and it's getting more spread out.

It's starting to get really enjoyable, sliding in and killing someone is actually one of the greatest gaming moments I have had in a long time.

Playing blitz in a team is brilliant as well.

A few annoying things are the spawns but they will be patched soon enough I would imagine. Dom spawns are a little bit all over the place.

If you are undecided, play it again. It is a little annoying having to adjust your game style though until you know the maps.

There is also a kill streak of a guy sniping out of a heli.

The Odin streak is the best team streak in any cod. It's basically a giant vsat and you can lay down smoke or deploy a juggernaut and mark and flash enemies while telling your team where they are.

You really need to be in a team to fully appreciate how they want this cod to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Unfortunately not yet :( really looking forward to it though

have a total of 10 hours gameplay now (i know..alot after only 3 days)

i have to say..its growing on me. i never disliked it to begin with. the maps seem better to me. obivously some are just crap like in every cod

no doubt a patch will be live soon to fix some spawns and the pathetic loser hackers.

i wish people would stop moaning about it allready and let the people who are enjoying it have proper discussions..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Finally played it tonight and after reading lots of you guys bashing it I have to say I like it and I found out I have battlefield 3 must have got one game and then left behind goes to show how that struck me.

Most of the moaning comes from people not dominating they once did and that's all I can see, ok there still those lag cheaters but they seem to be less effective, graphics wise are they great no but I'm yet most games live up to expectations of graphics.

I had fun anyway, there does seem to be trolling around and they must sad people if you don't play it simples.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Unfortunately not yet :( really looking forward to it though

Really looking forward to your opinion on this one as I know you enjoy playing COD, it will seem daunting at first but give it a good 7-8 hours gameplay to get to know the maps perks etc and I'd say you'll like it.:)

JamboMac wrote: »
    Finally played it tonight and after reading lots of you guys bashing it I have to say I like it and I found out I have battlefield 3 must have got one game and then left behind goes to show how that struck me.

Most of the moaning comes from people not dominating they once did and that's all I can see, ok there still those lag cheaters but they seem to be less effective, graphics wise are they great no but I'm yet most games live up to expectations of graphics.

I had fun anyway, there does seem to be trolling around and they must sad people if you don't play it simples.

:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement