Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD Ghosts] General News and Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

MarkY91 wrote: »
    in what way? im glad to hear this!

Visually it's gorgeous (Xbox 1)

I can't say I've noticed any gameplay differences yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

Did anyone have trouble getting the Free Fall map or is just me? No matter how many times I input my code, I just get "Cannot buy this now - Sorry, there is a problem getting this offer. Try again later."

Doing my head in at this stage. Can't find any issues online.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭Hawkeye1

in what way? im glad to hear this!

graphics, night and day, so much sharper and its more colourful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

Just finished off the campaign there on Veteran. Only one two or three sticky parts.

I will never like underwater levels.

Half the staff listed under Demonware in the credits are probably on Boards, so look out for your celebrity mates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

So I finally got it :D

I have only played a couple of hours but I'm liking it so far. Once I learn the maps I reckon I'll like it even more! Maps look good though the sounds are very meh IMO. Played a few games of DOM, really liking the neutral flag aspect. Blitz is good but you inevitably have a couple of lads hiding behind boxes camping but I still like it. Search and rescue, I HATE S&D but S&R was OK last night, I like the tags part.

Using the honey badger at the moment but most seem to be using the AK-12,is that the OP gun of the game?

I still think the dog is ridiculous and I hate the KEM/Map change thing. Turns a good map into crap...

But again, overall I'm really enjoying it :) If more people played I'd play it more I'd say, I only go on when there are a few others online

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Using the honey badger at the moment but most seem to be using the AK-12,is that the OP gun of the game?

The MSBS is the most OP atm. The AK12 and the R5 are the two best ARs imo, and best guns in the game apart from the MSBS. The AK12 is better at distance I found, R5 gets you a tonne of hitmarkers at range. And you really need extended mags with the R5, clip is tiny :/. Both guns have nice iron sights imo. AK12 is a bloody laser, slap a supressor and ext mags on that bad boy and you're good to go :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

So Ghosts>BLOPS2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

So Ghosts>BLOPS2?

Different, maps are bigger, it feels different to control as well.

So Ghosts>BLOPS2?

I put a year into BLOPs2 and just a few hours into Ghosts so I don't know but my initial thoughts would be MW3>BLOPS2>BLOPS1/Ghosts

I loved BLOPS2 and MW3, really liked BLOPs1 and only starting Ghosts so it'd be that order for now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

why the hate on blops2? its my favourite cod apart from cod4.

played some MW3 today for the first time in 2 years. i cant believe i bought the hardened edition for that piece of **** lol

played some MW3 today for the first time in 2 years. i cant believe i bought the hardened edition for that piece of **** lol

Different people like different games... shocker. I prefered MW3 to BLOPs2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

mw3 was bad blops2 all day

Didn't play mw3 but really enjoy blops2, the thing about it is,when it's good it's really really good,but when it's bad , it's controller through the screen kind of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭MW2FAN

good to see someone going back to what was such a good game. is anyone else willing to come back to mw2? please!? anyway good to see someone going back. everything got pretty **** after black ops 1

is it true that the PS4 version got the option to instal textures to HDD like on black ops 2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

The Xbox clan have won their first control point and get +20% xp in Dom. With more wins in the other game modes we can get that in every mode :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

So Ghosts>BLOPS2?
    I put a year into BLOPs2 and just a few hours into Ghosts so I don't know but my initial thoughts would be MW3>BLOPS2>BLOPS1/Ghosts

I loved BLOPS2 and MW3, really liked BLOPs1 and only starting Ghosts so it'd be that order for now

Different people like different games... shocker. I prefered MW3 to BLOPs2
    Nolars wrote: »
    mw3 was bad blops2 all day
    Didn't play mw3 but really enjoy blops2, the thing about it is,when it's good it's really really good,but when it's bad , it's controller through the screen kind of stuff.

MW2 ftw!

"Rodriguez! take down that AC-130 with this throwing knife!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So I got it last night with my PS4. The reason I got it, is that I already own BF4 + Premium on PC and I needed split screen game.

I have to admit, that I am enjoying multiplayer. They finally made maps bigger and it does not feel like enemy always Spawns on your sides or behind you so you could be shot. Then next time you get spawned behind someone to get a free kill too. A lot less of this **** now for sure.

Looks fantastic on 1080p ( For cod ). I dont know about those reports that Ghost on ps4 has dipping FPS. I played multiplayer on good few maps and FPS never dipped even once. So two options: It got patched out and it is silky smooth or those rumours/reviewers were full of **** and tried to give some sort of "good sunshine" to Xbox One 720p downgrade.

I like the new weapon system. was really annoying to see some of the cooler weapons to be very high level. You get that cool weapon you wanted, played for few levels and then had to Prestige to progress more. Was really annoying. Not you can just get any weapon you want and pew pew pew. Awesome.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Got it lastnight on PC for €35 and im actually enjoying it.
    They seem to have removed so much of what i hated in recent COD games.
    Graphics compared to what im used to on PC are subpar, textures in particular are poor.
    Some nice weapon sounds and models, maps are vastly improved.
    Overall i feared it would be a wasted buy but its decent fun.
    Nowhere near as awesome as BF4 on PC but fun all the same.
    COD4 is still the best in the series imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭TomoBhoy

Ps3/xbox 360 versions going for €39 in smiths/xtravision

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I don't know how many times i've fraged / flashed someone instead of shooting !!

NeVeR wrote: »
    I don't know how many times i've fraged / flashed someone instead of shooting !!

i was behind a lad today and i threy one of them claymore bag thingys at him, he turned round and shot me :( XD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭dmcg90

JoePie wrote: »
    Did anyone have trouble getting the Free Fall map or is just me? No matter how many times I input my code, I just get "Cannot buy this now - Sorry, there is a problem getting this offer. Try again later."

Doing my head in at this stage. Can't find any issues online.

I had to go to Xbox.com, then change country to US to redeem the code. Worked for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Is there anyway to get the free fall map on PS4??

The hardened edition is down as low as 52 sterling on amazon, surely worth a punt for someone seeing as you get the season pass included

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00ECQJ0BS/ref=sr_1_2_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1386072769&sr=8-2&keywords=call+of+duty+ghosts+xbox+360&condition=new

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

x43r0 wrote: »
    Visually it's gorgeous (Xbox 1)

I can't say I've noticed any gameplay differences yet

I find the Xbox one version worse than the 360 version. The framerate is atrocious on some maps especially when you use the target finder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭Beer Assistant

ps4 ghost server is unavailable error code 16384

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

played Ghosts for the first time this week. Mega rage.
    Played KZ Shadowfall online and was just as bad but quite enjoyed it.
    Sitting here know thinking I must upgrade the honey badger
    GET OUT OF MY HEAD COD

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Has anybody tried to upgrade ps3 version to ps4 as I tried to get the season pass initialised but the store seems to be slow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

Still haven't got Ghosts, and not too sure if going to get it either, won't be upgrading to PS4 for a while at least so the normal 6v6 looks like a bit of a disaster because of the maps being so big, now I'm open to correction there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Still haven't got Ghosts, and not too sure if going to get it either, won't be upgrading to PS4 for a while at least so the normal 6v6 looks like a bit of a disaster because of the maps being so big, now I'm open to correction there.

Yeah maps are a disaster
    Run for 30 seconds get shot in the back, start again
    I'm playing it but only 'cos of the xp/ihavetolevelup disfunction I have

had a few 20+ cranked games in the last 24 hrs - silenced r5 with wiretrap ftw

Starting to dislike this game more and more. Spawns are so frustrating!

I9LFOpV.jpg

srumball wrote: »
    I9LFOpV.jpg

wtf?

just when you thought you'd seen it all. thats as bad as horse armour. how much is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

thats all we need, campers with a wolf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

3 dollars according to reddit

there was a video posted here i think a few months back of fellas with all sorts of animals as killstreaks, looks like we're not far off that now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

So for $3 you can have your dog look like a wolf?

• Advertisement

looks like we'll win clan wars 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

But the wolf isn't wearing a vest, so he should die quicker, right? RIGHT?!?

How are we winning clan wars? Are people actually playing in parties? Nobody was playing it last night. I tried one game of TDM, got shat on 2 or 3 times by that shotgun despite riddling your man first and then rage quit. Switched off the xbox straight afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Free holiday skin for your gun :P

BbD-7sdCUAAVHBH.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Thats hilarious lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

srumball wrote: »
    I9LFOpV.jpg

When is the poodle version coming out ;-)

when is the free holiday camo available? so cool :D

• Advertisement

when is the free holiday camo available? so cool :D

12th on Xbox and 18th on ps i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

The hardened edition is down as low as 52 sterling on amazon, surely worth a punt for someone seeing as you get the season pass included

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00ECQJ0BS/ref=sr_1_2_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1386072769&sr=8-2&keywords=call+of+duty+ghosts+xbox+360&condition=new

Not too shabby.
    I wonder what it'll be at after xmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Now I have..a machine gun..

Ho.
    Ho.
    Ho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

krudler wrote: »
    Now I have..a machine gun..