Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD Ghosts] General News and Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

MiCr0 wrote: »
    best christmas jumper ever

Right. I know what I'm definitely watching this weekend anyway!

DieHardTattoo.jpg

best xmas tattoo ever

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

The only good thing in this game is cranked right now, eliminates the ****tier maps and KINDA eliminates some of the bs of the game itself. Flooded even plays good on cranked :p Not really enjoying this game tbh, it's lackluster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Is It that bad. Getting the Xbox one at end of jan. Getting bf4 but am a cod fan really. Thought about ghosts. Seen the lads on blops2 a few nights 8 men lobbies which hadn't been seen for ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

greenman09 wrote: »
    Is It that bad. Getting the Xbox one at end of jan. Getting bf4 but am a cod fan really. Thought about ghosts. Seen the lads on blops2 a few nights 8 men lobbies which hadn't been seen for ages.

I'd much prefer Blops2 and MW3, can't see myself playing ghosts much more :( it's seriously frustrating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

Ghosts = best game ever

Said no one ever

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Yes...yes it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

It's not that it is bad. It's just a lot harder to play than blops2.
    I was doing crap in ghosts and we played blops and I was doing unreal. So either blops is too easy or ghosts is too hard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Must be the only COD game to get so cheap so quick, hmv have it for 39.99 at the mo and the hardened edition for 69.99. Usually they'd stay full price for ages as people would buy them regardless. Be gutted to have dropped over 100 quid on the hardened one only a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

CoD 1 + 2 are still like 20 quid on steam lol, you don't even get the expansions or anything. cheap bastards.

• Advertisement

I think this is the year that proved gamers are well and truly sick of the franchise in it's current incarnation, part of me wants to play it out of curiosity, but I can't justify buying another COD game and being annoyed by it purely for completion or habit's sake. There's way better games to be playing and I've been into the franchise since the originals on pc. I've had a lot of fun playing them over the years but until something is done to really shake it up or just make a good game from the beginning then that's me done with the series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,057 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Well I have high hopes Treyarch will bring the franchise back on track next year whatever direction that might go! Ghosts is just a wanna-be battlefield and they have gone to the extreme with levelling up it's gone to hard! Treyarch should focus on next gen versions before last gen and give us something decent!

Well I have high hopes Treyarch will bring the franchise back on track next year whatever direction that might go! Ghosts is just a wanna-be battlefield and they have gone to the extreme with levelling up it's gone to hard! Treyarch should focus on next gen versions before last gen and give us something decent!

Indeed, and for the love of god a new engine, not another tweaked reskinned one, just keep it zippy and it'll still feel like COD, but it needs a major graphical overhaul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Blops 2 really cured me of COD.
    I was dead set on not buying this one and then my brother got it for me.
    It's brutal
    Single player is souless. MP is absolute crap imo.
    I'm back playing MW3 which I quit cos I started hating it & it's smiles better.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Blops 2 really cured me of COD.
    I was dead set on not buying this one and then my brother got it for me.
    It's brutal
    Single player is souless. MP is absolute crap imo.
    I'm back playing MW3 which I quit cos I started hating it & it's smiles better.:)
    I've done the same with mw2.

There;s more life in the old titles than there are in the new titles.

I've done the same with mw2.

There;s more like in the old titles than there are in the new titles.

Way better maps tbh, it sucks to think of what might have been if the whole Infinity Ward debacle never happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

krudler wrote: »
    Way better maps tbh, it sucks to think of what might have been if the whole Infinity Ward debacle never happened.

Well some of the newer titles have been little more than dlc on a disc.

What I'd love to see is one dlc bundle for all the maps of the mw series so we could rotate them all without having to change the disc.

I hate the Storm front map on Hardcore it's a camper's paradise Spawn die Spawn die!

Well some of the newer titles have been little more than dlc on a disc.

What I'd love to see is one dlc bundle for all the maps of the mw series so we could rotate them all without having to change the disc.

Indeed, or the ability to tell the game to not put you in particular maps, I'd happily wait longer for a game if it meant playing on a map I enjoy instead of being lumped into the same sh1te ones over and over.

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    Indeed, or the ability to tell the game to not put you in particular maps, I'd happily wait longer for a game if it meant playing on a map I enjoy instead of being lumped into the same sh1te ones over and over.

every time I join a game and see its on "drone" and "aftermath" I die a little inside. Funnily enough, you'd imagine they track the stats to see that 90% of players leave when these maps come up.

Still waiting for dedicated servers still no sign of them even on PS4!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

The free festive cameo pack thingy is now out for downloading on PS4....2.2mb

jenjenten wrote: »
    The free festive cameo pack thingy is now out for downloading on PS4....2.2mb

Wow surprised they didn't make us wait until the 25th of January with their one month exclusivity with M$ :cool:

Finally got a KEM, was in cranked and was pretty fast paced, but the game ended during the countdown :( ragin haha but still feel accomplished :p Game is still very sucky tho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Let me guess, you got it in Strikezone? :p

• Advertisement

Let me guess, you got it in Strikezone? :p

Octane :p haha

A new playlist has been added Heavy Duty, increased health in tdm, blitz and domination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Finally gave in and its surprised me its better than I expected, cheap as chips got BF4 too but that's basically for my son

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

is freefall locked to FFA or something? i have the game since release day and im yet to have played it except in a bot match where ive chosen to play in it :S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

gcgirl wrote: »
    Finally gave in and its surprised me its better than I expected, cheap as chips got BF4 too but that's basically for my son

I actually don't think it's all bad either. 2 of the maps suck balls and you (or more correctly 'me') tend to die a fair bit because the spawns are broken, but I like the new guns/perks and some of the maps are really good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭locustfurnace

MarkY91 wrote: »
    is freefall locked to FFA or something? i have the game since release day and im yet to have played it except in a bot match where ive chosen to play in it :S

nope, at the moment it's tied to the Ghost Moshpit playlist...TFM, Cranked, Blitz and DOM...I presume it'll enter regular playlist rotation after the first DLC drops...

nope, at the moment it's tied to the Ghost Moshpit playlist...TFM, Cranked, Blitz and DOM...I presume it'll enter regular playlist rotation after the first DLC drops...

i played them all alot and never came across it :\...i got my disc from canada and downloaded from the usa store..shouldnt make a difference though

i played them all alot and never came across it :\...i got my disc from canada and downloaded from the usa store..shouldnt make a difference though

I didnt mean as in those individual playlists but that the ghost moshpit playlist is made up of those 4 game types on rotation. Its the last or second last playlist in the menu...

I didnt mean as in those individual playlists but that the ghost moshpit playlist is made up of those 4 game types on rotation. Its the last or second last playlist in the menu...

ah i get it now. will it be added to the general playlists soon then?

Hopped into a game there and ran into christmas noobs :pac: went on a 22 gun streak and got killed by some camper :( hopefully will drop some KEMs on the xmas noobs over the next while haha

ah i get it now. will it be added to the general playlists soon then?

If history is anything to go by I would guess when the first DLC drops it'll be free to all and added to general rotation

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Notorious93

Anyone know why im able to play ghosts online the ps4 and i dont even have ps plus?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Anyone know why im able to play ghosts online the ps4 and i dont even have ps plus?

I think you get 2 weeks free with it initially.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    Picked up the XBone today and Ghosts in a bundle. Been giving it a shot. Liking it so far but seems like I'm made of paper. :pac:
    health has been lowered, new game mode has been introduced, heavy duty try that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Is it worth getting lads (PS3/Xbox 360)?

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »

I'd say no, but to be honest the price has dropped so much at this stage that you'd probably knock your moneys worth out of it at least.

Paully D wrote: »

You can have mine for 20 quid if you want it. I got it cheap as it had no box. I'll post from cork for whatever the postage is.

Edit: I enjoyed the single player,the online, not so much and im waiting on titanfall in march so I'm not going to persevere with ghosts. Your mileage may vary though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

I played this last night, got spawn trapped on blitz and every other game mode was populated with camping prícks, enjoyed it other than that but I can't be bothered raging against those kind of fückers again!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

im not dure if this has been touched on before, anyone else finding multiplayer impossible as there is glitching where alot of objects texures arent loading so theres invisible walls everywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I know most people don't buy COD with a view to playing SP, but I play them all, even in games that I barely touch the multiplayer. Only games I played online extensively were COD4, MW2, and Black Ops. Usually the SP campaigns are great, but I was a little on the fence about Black Ops 2 in that regard, but Ghosts is truly the worst COD single player yet released. It's simply awful.

yeah I loved the campaigns in COD4, MW2, Blops 1 and MW3. WAW was meh but ok.
    Couldn't finish either Blops 2 or Ghosts. Bored stupid playing them for some reason. May finish off Ghosts at some point but have no desire to do so just now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Yeh I played a couple of missions in single player and really wasnt feeling it at all. Multiplayer hasnt changed much I only ever play infected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I remember this forum had posts at least every few minutes in the early MW and Black-ops days...
    Testament to how utterly shìte Ghosts is :pac:

I remember this forum had posts at least every few minutes in the early MW and Black-ops days...
    Testament to how utterly shìte Ghosts is :pac:

Was thinking the same. Yours is the first post in several days. If I was able to post the obligatory tumbleweed post I would do so here but I can't so you'll just have to imagine it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Was thinking the same. Yours is the first post in several days. If I was able to post the obligatory tumbleweed post I would do so here but I can't so you'll just have to imagine it.

Imagine no more!

1304618376_tumbleweed-gif.gif

Advertisement