Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD Ghosts] General News and Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I've noticed myself dying from heights recently that would never normally kill me awhile ago, did they lower health or something?

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Siege and Flooded - possibly two of the worst ever Call of Duty maps.

Siege is far too big. Too much time wasted running around trying to find people and on top of that the nature of the map makes them really difficult to see. Too many buildings to camp in. It's like playing Battlefield, but without the vehicles and more importantly the large number of players to make it fun.

Flooded is just rubbish. Doesn't work at all.

Overall, I think they are running out of ideas with Call of Duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Got the Season pass at launch so decided to give the new Map pack a try...

It's good, nice small-medium sized maps. Game is still meh tho. New Maverick is a great weapon too, died off a 22 gun streak on Ignition (MW2 Scrapyard remake), was ragin :p oh well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Saw this last night on a Tmartn vid - looks like fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

awec wrote: »
    Siege and Flooded - possibly two of the worst ever Call of Duty maps.

I'll agree with you on Siege. Awful level design. Flooded was a slow burner for me. Play Domination on it though, and the map becomes much more interesting. There's loads of great routes to run and the map becomes more fun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'll agree with you on Siege. Awful level design. Flooded was a slow burner for me. Play Domination on it though, and the map becomes much more interesting. There's loads of great routes to run and the map becomes more fun.

Aaarrrrgggghhhh! I agree matey!!

:pac:

Yeeaaarrrrghhhhh.......... Kersplat, ya scurvy dog! What be your favourite map?

Yeeaaarrrrghhhhh.......... Kersplat, ya scurvy dog! What be your favourite map?

:D I've no idea, haven't played much with exams, work, etc if I am playing it'd normally be BLOPs2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Seige and Flooded are the worst COD maps I ever played. Worse than rust on MW2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

I'm having more fun with this than I did with Blops 2. I dunno, I think its mainly because everyone had me conviced that it was going to be rubbish..

• Advertisement

Big problem here. I went to upgrade my COD:Ghosts PS3 copy to PS4, but it says when I typed into the redeem code section; 'the code you have entered may not be correct, or may no longer be valid'. It's in fine, and I tried both with caps and without. It's expiry is March 31st as well. Whats wrong?

Big problem here. I went to upgrade my COD:Ghosts PS3 copy to PS4, but it says when I typed into the redeem code section; 'the code you have entered may not be correct, or may no longer be valid'. It's in fine, and I tried both with caps and without. It's expiry is March 31st as well. Whats wrong?

Where did you buy it originally? Bring it back if it's a bricks and mortar shop, e-mail if bought online

Eventually got it sorted out, thanks. After 10 times entering it in or so, it spontaneously just accepted it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

This years COD has been confirmed as being developed by sledgehammer games, I really hope they do a better job than infinity ward, the series could do without another disaster like that.

on the plus side, it gives treyarch plenty of time for the (most likely) next installment in the Black ops series - hopefully one that'll be optimised for next gen consoles rather than trying to bridge the two and failing at both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

This years COD has been confirmed as being developed by sledgehammer games, I really hope they do a better job than infinity ward, the series could do without another disaster like that.

on the plus side, it gives treyarch plenty of time for the (most likely) next installment in the Black ops series - hopefully one that'll be optimised for next gen consoles rather than trying to bridge the two and failing at both.

I'm really am not holding out much optimism though things can't much worse, can they?

@The Little Fella and @Stone Deaf 4evr - Do you mind me asking what it is you don't like about Ghosts? I've only played the multiplayer and have to say I enjoy it. It's fast and frantic but a lot of fun.

@The Little Fella and @Stone Deaf 4evr - Do you mind me asking what it is you don't like about Ghosts? I've only played the multiplayer and have to say I enjoy it. It's fast and frantic but a lot of fun.

It's not half as fast as black ops 2, the maps are big, boring, and filled with fellas sitting in corners waiting for you to walk into their sights, also the scorestreaks are as boring as sh1t. It takes forever to gain xp to level up, everything looks all wartorn and destroyed and it just looks a mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

Agree with Stone deaf, it's like a **** version of Battlefield. Blops 2 had awful connection problems but at least it was very good fun to play.

In blops 2 at least there was a feeling a battle was going on between two teams rather than teams sitting at either end of the map sniping at each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

i dont know what game you haters do be playing but im having such fun on ghosts. its very tactical and competitive. why not go play battlefield instead of having a moan about a game ou dont like to play :D ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I just started playing Ghosts today, hugely impressed with the modes I've been playing so far. Blitz in particular is good fun I think. Cranked is good too for a casual game

The maps are hit and miss, but that's always the way with COD. Really like Sovereign and Freight, but yeah maps like Stormfront and Stonehaven are pretty weak.

Edit: I should add I've only played MW2, Mw3, and Ghosts. I have no idea how it compares to Blops 2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

I quiet like blitz for a change, two of us put on all the speed perks and raced to the goal, we won every game, great fun

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Playing this a bit lately.

He knows how we operate!
    How's that even possible?!
    He was one of us!

Classic. :D

It's not half as fast as black ops 2, the maps are big, boring, and filled with fellas sitting in corners waiting for you to walk into their sights, also the scorestreaks are as boring as sh1t. It takes forever to gain xp to level up, everything looks all wartorn and destroyed and it just looks a mess.

I found some the levels too big when I first started, but you have to set up you classes to counter this. There are enough close quarters levels in there, and all the DLC levels are medium/small maps. Some have taken a bit of getting used to, but overall I've always preferred IW level design to Treyarch. That's just personal opinion though (don't hate me :pac:).

I have to disagree about it not being as fast as BlOps 2........ if you use the right perks, this game is unbelievably quick! Be sure to use Quickdraw, Stalker and Focus (among other Perks), and try the Honeybadger with grip and extended mags. There are so many more combinations in this game compared to previous ones.

I enjoyed BlOps 2, but the connection quality was always hit and miss. Ghosts is much smoother to play online and I find I'm having more fun with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Apologies if this is the wrong thread but thought i might get a good response here. Does anyone know the cheapest place I'd pick this up for PS4, new or 2nd hand it doesnt really bother me. Thanks

I haven't seen the next gen versions drop in price anywere. It's still €60+ in most shops. The 360 and PS3 versions dropped in price for a while over Christmas.

The PS4 version is €55 on play.com. That's probably the cheapest you'll find it.

Anyone up for some games on PS4 add me: novi_glitzko

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I tried playing this again the other day and it's still broken as fk, the graphics still look like Quake did on my first pc with a 1 MB onboard SVGA video card - it's so bad that I literally can't see enemies if they're at any kind of distance.

This on a PC that plays BF4 on High settings with a consistent 50-60 FPS.

It's a real shame because it could be a lot of fun if it worked.

Shiminay wrote: »
    I tried playing this again the other day and it's still broken as fk, the graphics still look like Quake did on my first pc with a 1 MB onboard SVGA video card - it's so bad that I literally can't see enemies if they're at any kind of distance.

This on a PC that plays BF4 on High settings with a consistent 50-60 FPS.

It's a real shame because it could be a lot of fun if it worked.

I think that's one of the things that annoyed me most. I found it very difficult to see enemies! Haven't played it in a while but may throw it on again over the weekend, if I'm not enjoying it I'll head back to BLOPs2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

IpKSZeM.png

• Advertisement

^^ Brilliant.

Played the game a while ago. Enjoyed the campaign. MP is brutal. Worst i'v seen.

Agreed. This is actually a real thing though, a duck camo pack! FFS

I'm so happy the Titanfall Beta starts today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

453Mb patch on steam this morning ? no idea what it is yet though..EDIT online states
    The new update has added a highly requested feature: an FOV changer, which allows the max setting of 80.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Free weekend on Steam, downloaded it to give it a go but it was a waste of time. 2195 people online and I can't get into a game at all. Are things really that quiet on PC?

the past few days ive been running into a few clans using noob tubes. its ridicilous. mw2 all over again!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭4Dlolz

Free weekend on Steam, downloaded it to give it a go but it was a waste of time. 2195 people online and I can't get into a game at all. Are things really that quiet on PC?

Call of Duty has had a miniscule following on PC for years.

It's primarily a console product.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I just got this and am getting awful lag, i hope its lag. Im running into people who knife me but i drop before i even see a knife. I die and then see them swing. Im on ps4. Did anyone else encounter anything like this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Yup it's down to some people not having DX 11 cards and also down to the fact it runs so badly on PC too . I have about 11 hours multiplayer and have given up on the game . I'm back to black ops 2 for my call of duty gaming .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

I found some the levels too big when I first started, but you have to set up you classes to counter this. There are enough close quarters levels in there, and all the DLC levels are medium/small maps. Some have taken a bit of getting used to, but overall I've always preferred IW level design to Treyarch. That's just personal opinion though (don't hate me :pac:).

I have to disagree about it not being as fast as BlOps 2........ if you use the right perks, this game is unbelievably quick! Be sure to use Quickdraw, Stalker and Focus (among other Perks), and try the Honeybadger with grip and extended mags. There are so many more combinations in this game compared to previous ones.

I enjoyed BlOps 2, but the connection quality was always hit and miss. Ghosts is much smoother to play online and I find I'm having more fun with it.

Agree with most of this. Have different classes for the different maps stormfront, whiteout or stonehaven = sniper/marksman rifle split between mtar/R5/honeybadger for the other. Have a shotgun class for cranked on strikezone /tremor.

Generally I'm enjoying the game. have about 6 days of playing time in multiplayer so far.

Played MW2, MW3, BLOPS1 and 2. Find I dont have as much problems with lag as I did in BLOPS 2 but you do find a lot more people hiding in corners (learn the corners and shoot first :) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

This is €24.99 here at the moment, is it worth it at that price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

MadYaker wrote: »
    This is €24.99 here at the moment, is it worth it at that price?

Nope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Does no one play anymore. I played for about an hr. Got fecked off and stuck on battlefield.

• Advertisement

the DLC maps are good. the maverick gun is good also. add me if you play on ps4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

greenman09 wrote: »
    Does no one play anymore. I played for about an hr. Got fecked off and stuck on battlefield.

Black Ops 2 and sometimes MW3. Just cannot be bothered playing Ghosts.

Just out of curiosity, is anyone planning on getting the xbox one and titanfall?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Just out of curiosity, is anyone planning on getting the xbox one and titanfall?

Already got the One - Loved the Titanfall beta so will def be getting the game

Planning to trade in Ghosts against it :pac:

x43r0 wrote: »
    Already got the One - Loved the Titanfall beta so will def be getting the game

Planning to trade in Ghosts against it :pac:

yeah, The beta sealed the deal for me, thought it was incredible. I've been playing battlefield since the one launched. Its good, but its not the type of game for just having a laugh, if you dont have the tryhard face on all the time its a very miserable experience, its riddled with bugs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

I want to play Titanfall but I don't want an Xbox One:(

Get a PC?

Its coming out on xbox 360 as well, granted we havent seen any footage or screenshots of it yet, but who knows? It might be ok.

i have to laugh at anyone buying an xbox when they got a ps4 already just to play titanfall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

MarkY91 wrote: »
    i have to laugh at anyone buying an xbox when they got a ps4 already just to play titanfall.

I'd agree with you on that , I would tell them to upgrade a PC with a second hand quad core CPU and a GTX 750 . A cheap and cheerful gaming PC .

• Advertisement
Advertisement