Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD Ghosts] General News and Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Its coming out on xbox 360 as well, granted we havent seen any footage or screenshots of it yet, but who knows? It might be ok.

I was planning on getting it on 360 until I heard it was basically being back ported for the system and not by Respawn, they didn't want a 360 release at all apparently. It might be alright though who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I was planning on getting it on 360 until I heard it was basically being back ported for the system and not by Respawn, they didn't want a 360 release at all apparently. It might be alright though who knows.

Im wondering why we haven't seen any screenshots or videos myself, its either that:

1. It looks very good, but they're trying to encourage people to move to xbox one
    2. it looks terrible and they don't want to tarnish the goodwill that's there already.

the skeptic in me is tending to go with number 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Im wondering why we haven't seen any screenshots or videos myself, its either that:

1. It looks very good, but they're trying to encourage people to move to xbox one
    2. it looks terrible and they don't want to tarnish the goodwill that's there already.

the skeptic in me is tending to go with number 1.

Pretty sure it only runs at 900p on XB1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I'd agree with you on that , I would tell them to upgrade a PC with a second hand quad core CPU and a GTX 750 . A cheap and cheerful gaming PC .

i dont know why youre including a PC into a CONSOLE discussion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

MarkY91 wrote: »

Well it would be cheaper to upgrade a PC for titanfall then it would be to buy a console that is why .

srumball wrote: »
    Pretty sure it only runs at 900p on XB1

Cool, I'll be busy playing the game rather than counting pixels though.

Well it would be cheaper to upgrade a PC for titanfall then it would be to buy a console that is why .

Assuming you have a pc to begin with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭corks finest

bought it as a xmas present for my boy,only to find out christmas day,that my p.c. wasnt up to it,wrong processor,fair dues to the guy in gamestop wilton,he swapped my p.c. version for an x box 360 one,works fine,but as a game dissapointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Assuming you have a pc to begin with.

Well yeah that is true , but I wouldn't buy a console to play one game . I still haven't played GTA 5 but thats because I'm happy with my pc . I was just suggesting upgrading a pc because you could have a decent pc and a console which wouldn't be too bad at all .

• Advertisement

MarkY91 wrote: »

This isn't a console discussion, Ghosts is on PC and this thread is about Ghosts. For people wanting to play TF if they had a PC they could get it on that instead of buying an Xbox just to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Apologies if this is off topic but is anyone else having trouble lately inviting friends to party or accepting same in ghosts? Everything was OK up to Saturday evening when I went to invite my pal to a game. A constant padlock appears beside his name and I'm since unable to invite him. The same is occurring in his side. Tried the create party function too but to no avail. Our nat types are both open. Any ideas? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭SimmerDean

Apologies if this is off topic but is anyone else having trouble lately inviting friends to party or accepting same in ghosts? Everything was OK up to Saturday evening when I went to invite my pal to a game. A constant padlock appears beside his name and I'm since unable to invite him. The same is occurring in his side. Tried the create party function too but to no avail. Our nat types are both open. Any ideas? ?

yeah I don't think you're the only one. Saw some people on twitter having same problem. Think they were on ps4. no sure about other consoles or solutions

Yeah I'm on ps4. Maybe it's a common problem that activision have to sort out? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭SimmerDean

Yeah I'm on ps4. Maybe it's a common problem that activision have to sort out? ?

sony problem i think
    reddit thread on it. Not just you
    http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/1zbrnd/ps4_party_error/

Thanks for the info folks. Looks like it was sorted. I'm at work at the mo so will have to wait till morning to check mine out. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Is it a double xp weekend this weekend? Is it for both xbox and ps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

All challenges are now active after latest patch, its great will prestige much much faster now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,057 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

after the patch I ended up with 2 hours double XP, something to do with the Elite app being shutdown as far as I know. Don't think there is any double xp this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Any thoughts on the new gun, The Ripper??

I played a few games last night with it. It's very interesting being able to switch between the 2 modes. I used it in SMG mode mostly, but was fun to switch it up for long range gun fights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I friggin love this game...Just had a great run of games on Clan v. clan OBJ. Very even teams and very competitive, pure gaming fun. Only gripe is that I can't get squad points quickly enough, only having 4 classes to choose from is a drag.

• Advertisement

I friggin love this game...Just had a great run of games on Clan v. clan OBJ. Very even teams and very competitive, pure gaming fun. Only gripe is that I can't get squad points quickly enough, only having 4 classes to choose from is a drag.

Once you get to about level 35-40ish it seems to start throwing squad points at you, not sure why.

Once you get to about level 35-40ish it seems to start throwing squad points at you, not sure why.

I'm at level 20, I really just play intensely every second weekend or so. If anyone here wants to add me my gamertag is Darkglasses25, hoping to play a good bit today and tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Its because you get squad points for completing operations/camos/reticles etc. Since they unlocked all the operations you can see all the weapons operations and there was loads of them.

I think I have about 1200 at the moment

not sure if it's going to be Predator or is it a cloaking device from a care package bit like the Michael Myers from the last dlc maps? get challenge care package drops and your invisible with a knife until someone kills you!

On a separate subject any good sites or youtube commentators on class setups or hints on ranking up on Ghosts? I mainly play hardcore most recommended setups are for non-hardcore modes.

Nearly afraid to ask, will anybody here be watching COD champs this weekend?

Ghosts double xp is live on all platforms until Tuesday not sure if its on now or 6pm this evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Nearly afraid to ask, will anybody here be watching COD champs this weekend?

I won't follow it live but I'll definitely check out the highlights to see how Optic do - Wouldn't have much interest in the other teams bar maybe complexity or Envyus

x43r0 wrote: »
    I won't follow it live but I'll definitely check out the highlights to see how Optic do - Wouldn't have much interest in the other teams bar maybe complexity or Envyus

I'll be watching as many matches as I can stay awake for really. Would like to see Optic win it, but as long as it's not complexity I'll be happy enough.

x43r0 wrote: »

Nv and Faze have both lost their first pool matches

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

watching nv vs tec atm
    map 5 snd
    nv winning 4-0 so far looks like a win for them :) hoping too see complexity in the finals
    love watching these big tourneys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Considering getting this, really liked blops 2 but moved and feeling the COD itch again and don't know whether to get this or go back to blops. I presume this one's more like MW3 than blops though? Can anyone give a rounded quick review?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Liam O wrote: »
    Considering getting this, really liked blops 2 but moved and feeling the COD itch again and don't know whether to get this or go back to blops. I presume this one's more like MW3 than blops though? Can anyone give a rounded quick review?

My advice would be to go back to blops2. This game is poor. The maps really let it down, along with the spawns and the gameplay mechanics which for me makes it feel too slow and not like cod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'd much rather MW3 or BLOPs2 over Ghosts

I think there's more people playing blops2 worldwide now that there is ghosts, and that's despite ghosts being on sale every second weekend.

For all the issues blops2 had, it's imo the best cod.

Going back to Blops would be my advice too, all the criticism ghosts is getting is completely justified, the game is a disaster.

Optic lost 3-0 to TCM from the UK, basically got single-handedly destroyed by Jurd. Puts them into the hard side of the draw. They are currently playing TK in the first knock-out round, about to win the first map. If they can beat them, they'll play the winner of Nv and Strictly Business. Bit of a nightmare morning for Optic. TCM on the other hand have made things easy for themselves. Great chance of making tomorrow's semi-finals.

Not enjoying the stream set-up at all. No atmosphere at the venue, invited Youtube personalities only, no real fans.

Optic somehow managed to beat TK 3-0, so they will play sB to be in top 6. TK play Envy in the loser's bracket.

Just found out Jurd is Irish. Worth watching the video of him against Optic on Sovereign S&D, he absolutely destroyed Scump in particular. Went 17-5 I think.

optic beating sb 1-0 so far
    pretty good game
    think they are very capable of winning this competition but complexitiy look very strong

• Advertisement

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    optic beating sb 1-0 so far
    pretty good game
    think they are very capable of winning this competition but complexitiy look very strong

Up 2-0 now, it would be wild if they 3-0'd sB now. Clayster and Mboze have really improved since the Epsilon game this morning, Clayster really looked lethargic. Now he's hyping up the team and it's really working out. I think if they win this they have a relatively easy game against the winner of Rise Nation and T1 dotters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Epsilon v Faze has been good so far, need Epsilon to go through, by far the best European team imo.

Wow, Optic win the last S&D to beat sB 3-2. Honestly I thought it was over when Clay and Nade were arguing at half-time in the second domination. Very impressed they stopped the rot just in time. Scumpii and Clay going bananas now.

Rise Nation next I believe?

Wow, just saw Epsilon have gone out into the loser's bracket, will play the winner of tK and nV. Think sB will play the winner of that game? Minefield.

Australia's T1 dotters have knocked out Rise Nation, so they face Optic for a place in the top 3. Should Optic beat them, as expected, they face the winner of Faze and coL tomorrow. After that, it's the championship game.

Can see optic taking t1 dotters 3-1 my predictions :P, faze and col is probably the better match out of the two too watch imo, faze are a great team but col have been on fire this tournament
    think they only dropped 1 map overall and that was in the pools

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Seen the hardened edition for 50 bucks today, the same as blops 2 so went for it. Will report on how annoyed I am in the near future no doubt :)

Edit: :( why did I bother...

• Advertisement

Seen the hardened edition for 50 bucks today, the same as blops 2 so went for it. Will report on how annoyed I am in the near future no doubt :)

Edit: :( why did I bother...

O liam.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Wow, just saw Epsilon have gone out into the loser's bracket, will play the winner of tK and nV. Think sB will play the winner of that game? Minefield.

Australia's T1 dotters have knocked out Rise Nation, so they face Optic for a place in the top 3. Should Optic beat them, as expected, they face the winner of Faze and coL tomorrow. After that, it's the championship game.

Epsilon choked a 2-0 map lead against nV. Ended up 2-2 in maps, 5-5 in SnD, and they lost the last round. Dreadful way to go out :(

Optic putting up a decent fight against coL in the winners bracket final, currently 1-1. They just won 11th round of S&D with a surprise rush offense.

Holy ****balls, Optic are leading the first side of the Blitz. There's noooo way they can win blitz warhawk against coL. Their worst gametype and worst map. Madness

Brace yourself, the internet will break if Optic can close this off. They did win that blitz, and won the first side of domination by 18

Edit: Argh, coL have levelled it. Search and Destroy will decide it.

Brace yourself, the internet will break if Optic can close this off. They did win that blitz, and won the first side of domination by 18

Edit: Argh, coL have levelled it. Search and Destroy will decide it.

Much prefer the lads in Col then Optic, they pulled it out of the bag on the final S&D, what times the final?

• Advertisement
Advertisement