Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD Ghosts] General News and Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-22-watch-this-space-for-cod-ghosts-dedicated-servers-on-playstation-xbox-360-and-wii-u

bit of a rundown on the new dedicated servers here, it also explains why we end up in lobbies with frenchies so often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-22-watch-this-space-for-cod-ghosts-dedicated-servers-on-playstation-xbox-360-and-wii-u

bit of a rundown on the new dedicated servers here, it also explains why we end up in lobbies with frenchies so often.

Biggest campers in the world :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

krudler wrote: »
    Biggest campers in the world :mad:

After the Irish

iMuse wrote: »
    After the Irish

This is sadly also true lol

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

iMuse wrote: »
    After the Irish

Pure bull. Irish lads I've come across are usually try hard's or just crap but never camp. French people are the biggest wussies in COD. By all means, they will use the cheapest way to play the game be it a whole 10 minutes camping using an LSAT with a target finder, or some other troll like ways. Can't stand the freaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Spike2010

Pure bull. Irish lads I've come across are usually try hard's or just crap but never camp. French people are the biggest wussies in COD. By all means, they will use the cheapest way to play the game be it a whole 10 minutes camping using an LSAT with a target finder, or some other troll like ways. Can't stand the freaks.

Agreed, I've never played against an Irish guy that has camped anywhere near as much as a French guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Ha, I've played WITH and AGAINST Irish people who do exactly what your saying.

Its not a certain nationality that's the problem, its the players themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

for a game thats coming out soon, this thread is pretty dead!..i remember old cod threads were buzzing with life :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

GTAV tho innit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Makaveli wrote: »
    GTAV tho innit

Yea bruv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

does anyone have anything they'd really like to know about ghosts? i'm speaking with the infinity ward guys next week and i might have time to throw in a few questions at the end if anyone's got anything they simply must know pre-launch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

COYVB wrote: »
    does anyone have anything they'd really like to know about ghosts? i'm speaking with the infinity ward guys next week and i might have time to throw in a few questions at the end if anyone's got anything they simply must know pre-launch?

Ask is there any chance they'd get rid of the ridiculous remote control dogs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Ask are they ever going to let this series die?

there is a lack of information on what difference there is between current gen ghosts and next gen ghosts, just graphics? better engine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Ask is there any chance they'd get rid of the ridiculous remote control dogs

Bit late for that at this stage I'd say sadly

• Advertisement

oh one more...is ranking/prestiging the same or different?

i just cant motivate myself to prestige again after around the 4th-5th time anymore..no real rewards in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

All the talk of dogs and the stupid "we have to be bigger" impression I get from all the FPS game developers is really tiring me. I really miss the simplicity of COD:MW had.
    Now I do love the added game modes, it freshens things up. but god dammit why cant they just go back to what Infinity Ward done that made MW so good.

cant seem to proerder cod hardened yet on ps4 in neither xtravision or some websites..do i got to wait until novembeR?

All the talk of dogs and the stupid "we have to be bigger" impression I get from all the FPS game developers is really tiring me. I really miss the simplicity of COD:MW had.
    Now I do love the added game modes, it freshens things up. but god dammit why cant they just go back to what Infinity Ward done that made MW so good.

This a million times, you can have all the space lasers and remote control dogs and explodey things you want, as a pure multiplayer experience, COD4 is still a shining example of how to do it properly. Flawed in it's own right, but the series just went downhill from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

krudler wrote: »
    This a million times, you can have all the space lasers and remote control dogs and explodey things you want, as a pure multiplayer experience, COD4 is still a shining example of how to do it properly. Flawed in it's own right, but the series just went downhill from there.

i think it went downhill from waw
    i loved waw was definitly a good ww2 game

mw2 was pretty good also, but had to much stuff in it
    everything after that has been ****e
    although i have been enjoying black ops 2 lately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    i think it went downhill from waw
    i loved waw was definitly a good ww2 game

MW and WAW had some of the best maps I've ever played. Some of them were fantastic for TDM.

i personally think black ops 2 was the best cod. i allways look forward to treyarch cods..infinity ward cods bar mw1 were all ****e. hopefully them moving away from the MW will bring new life to the game

new mode in cod like zombies..but with aliens. sounds fun :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I didnt watch the video
    but if its real
    thats probably because activision cant make a zombies mode, think treyarch own that
    i have no doubt it will be the same
    still sounds like good craic :D only reason i got black ops 2 was for the zombies, which i have to say disappointed me this year :/ much preferred WaW zombies, black ops 1 with the big theatre was pretty cool as well :)

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    I didnt watch the video
    but if its real
    thats probably because activision cant make a zombies mode, think treyarch own that
    i have no doubt it will be the same
    still sounds like good craic :D only reason i got black ops 2 was for the zombies, which i have to say disappointed me this year :/ much preferred WaW zombies, black ops 1 with the big theatre was pretty cool as well :)

im not a fan of zombies anymore. it was once fun but got boring. i love black ops cods...ill miss it :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Yes, zombies died a death in BLOPS1.

Kino was good but the levels quickly descended into hollow gimmicks...call of the dead, the moon. Daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

Mark Ward from IW has said something that might get me back into COD.
    " Dedicated servers will be used on current gen, next gen and PC with Ghosts. And, in order to make sure that people have the best possible experience regardless of platform, location or connection, Ghosts will be using a hybrid system of dedicated servers and listen servers. So no matter where you are the game will always be trying to give you the best online performance possible".
    About time.

Finally some good news :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Great news for me and my potato powered connection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

lkionm wrote: »

No more moldy on ice :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

lkionm wrote: »

Hate to be the breaker of bad news but a bad connection on dedicated servers is a bad connection on user hosted servers. You'll still have lag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Indeed, in fact it might see you booted from games instead.

AdamD wrote: »
    Hate to be the breaker of bad news but a bad connection on dedicated servers is a bad connection on user hosted servers. You'll still have lag.

Lag comp 4lyf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Can't see it requiring a GTX780 as 'recommended' :rolleyes:

A GTX760 would blow it away at ultra @ 1080p.
    Minimum System Requirements

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or better
    RAM: 6 GB RAM
    HDD: 50 GB HD space
    Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti / ATI Radeon HD 5870 or better
    Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
    DirectX: 11
    Internet: Broadband connection and service required for Multiplayer Connectivity. Internet connection required for activation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

50GB.....seriously 50GB!!!!

This is either the greatest looking video game ever or the worst attempt at putting off pirates ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Can't see it requiring a GTX780 as 'recommended' :rolleyes:

A GTX760 would blow it away at ultra @ 1080p.

Are the people at infinity ward that mad !!! It will probably run on ultra setting on a HD 5870 !! 50 gbs of hard drive space BF 4 needs less and 6gb of Ram what game on Pc has ever needed that amount . Yet they say a Dual Core Cpu will run the game .

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

A little off topic but 50 gbs for this and Killzone will eat up 20% of my PS4's HD week one of purchase .

derm0j073 wrote: »
    A little off topic but 50 gbs for this and Killzone will eat up 20% of my PS4's HD week one of purchase .

get a 1TB hardrive or buy them on disc. i dont see the point in digital downloads..you cant sell them

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

So after playing Ghosts and BF4 at Eurogamer, for the first time ever, I'm defecting to the BF4 camp! I think I enjoyed the pacing a bit more. Ghosts was also alot of fun though, but I think I need a change of pace :)

Will probably end up buying both eventually though :D

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    So after playing Ghosts and BF4 at Eurogamer, for the first time ever, I'm defecting to the BF4 camp! I think I enjoyed the pacing a bit more. Ghosts was also alot of fun though, but I think I need a change of pace :)

Will probably end up buying both eventually though :D

Tell us more about Ghosts!! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Tell us more about Ghosts!! :)

Sure, we played domination on a medium-sized map. Fistly, the game is gorgeous. I played it on PC as I was able to skip the entire queue because most wanted to play on PS4/One for the first time ever (at the time, I had already played both).

The first map was strikezone - good mix of indoor/ourdoor areas and choke points. Fast paced and good flag points.

I cannot remember the name of the second map but it was a destroyed city. It looked fantastic altogether. Lots of interlinked areas to give height advantage.

We were given very little time to pick classes/perks so I really can't comment. I do know on of the early perks is a support attack dog :D

Feck it, thinking back, I might just buy it too :)

Cheers for that.

The attack dog sounds so crap but I suppose it'll just be like the Hunter killer drone from Blops2.

Haven't thought about the game that much but I'll definitely pick it up on 360. Getting a bit bored of GTA already

so where did you guys order your next gen hardened editions from? its 114 euro on gamestop website :S aint the hardened editions usually like 90? i want to order it today

Why would you even bother

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Why would you even bother

Because people like the game?

Why do you do things that you enjoy?

• Advertisement

Because people like the game?

Why do you do things that you enjoy?

With the hardened edition...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

With the hardened edition...

My post above still stands. People still like the game. People still want to have all the latest maps/guns/add-ons etc.

It's not that hard to believe.

What comes with the hardened edition?

My post above still stands. People still like the game. People still want to have all the latest maps/guns/add-ons etc.

It's not that hard to believe.
    It doesn't necessarily, people haven't even played it yet so paying for add ons before release doesn't make all that much sense..

It doesn't necessarily, people haven't even played it yet so paying for add ons before release doesn't make all that much sense..

But people know what to expect. This isn't the first call of duty game.

I presume it includes the maps and special camo and that crap? If it works out cheaper it th long it's no problem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement