Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apache Pizza

Options
  • 24-04-2013 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭

Just wondering how to people find this pizza in general? I've been dying to try it, but nearly EVERYBODY I've asked about it told me its absolutely disgusting.

Is it as bad as people say?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Yup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

It's amazing. 10er for a 16 inch pizza. The best thing ever after a night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

It is grand. I have had better & I have had a lot worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I've been in the one on Dame St maybe a handful of times over the years, it's perfectly fine, not the best I've had but nowhere near the worst

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

It's fine. It sells on price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

10 quid for a large pizza ya cant go wrong. It does the job nicely.

When you consider that's half the price of some of the Dominos pizza's.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭The Jman

I got an apache pizza in Waterford one evening, has to be the worst takeaway i've ever had in my life, it's even worse than the chinese that gave me food poisoning twice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

It used to be good (as takeaway pizza goes) but since they introduced their "Any pizza, any size €9.99" deal they've been really skimping on the toppings so it always comes out overcooked and undertopped. I haven't bothered in a long time, tbh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Dunno about anywhere else but my local started off pretty well, pizza's tasted nice and they had tacozoni's which I loved. But fairly quickly the quality of the pizza's dropped and they got rid of the Tacozoni's so I try to avoid unless only option.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Slattsy wrote: »
    10 quid for a large pizza ya cant go wrong. It does the job nicely.

When you consider that's half the price of some of the Dominos pizza's.
    Domino's is ridiculously overpriced though, anybody paying full price is mad. The "junk mail pizza" places have a very weird emperor's new clothes thing going on as regards price, since they are all so similar many people just do not question it, and are blind to how relatively high the price is compared to similar items from other outlets. If my local chinese did a pizza and made the same margins as they do on their other food then it would be about a fiver.

For €10 in my local chipper I get 2 large southern fried breasts, on the bone, and 3 other pieces, wing thigh & drumstick, all massive. And 2 large chips. The ingredients on the apache pizza cost a fraction of what those would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

yeah, from making my own pizza at home from time to time I've always figured the best business to be in was the Takeaway Pizza business. You'd top a pizza with hardly anything really, even a large one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

The quality really varies from branch to branch.

Stillorgan, for example, is pretty tasty. While Sallynoggin was appalling.

It's never going to hold a candle to a proper stonebaked Italian pizza, but for pure junk food, it hits the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Price is great, quality... meh.

If I'm ordering from them, which is only if it's the last option, I always get the thin base. Their normal base is too thick and doughy and it makes the pizza taste even blander.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭kevc2

I like their pizza, I think anyone that says it is disgusting is over-reacting. The pizzas do vary from place to place though. The best I have had was the one in Bray, I think it's gone now, that had a load of sauce on the pizza and the wedges were the crispiest.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It is grand. I have had better & I have had a lot worse.
    Yeah it's fine for what it is. Fast fat food.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

It used to be the best pizza you could get before they introduced the €10 price.
    Now it's pretty hit and miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Eathrin wrote: »
    It used to be the best pizza you could get before they introduced the €10 price.
    Now it's pretty hit and miss.

Pretty much this.

Dominos is too expensive and you get **** all wedges and a small pizza but it is nice

Apache is very hit and miss but great value for money

Personally I go Four Star nowadays, really average pizzas but a 16", 1.5l drink and wedges/garlic bread for 14.99 is a steal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I usually go for Dominos when I can get ahold of a BOGOF or 50% off coupon. That or PHQ. Otherwise they're far too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Just wondering how to people find this pizza in general? I've been dying to try it, but nearly EVERYBODY I've asked about it told me its absolutely disgusting.

Is it as bad as people say?

I have not eaten their Pizza in over 10 years. The Cheese they use is awful. The best Pizza in Dublin is Daves Woodfired Pizza.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Just don't go to any chain at all, there are a hundred places you could get pizza that is much better. And even as far as takeaways go, try somewhere like firehouse or bistro bianconi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

That's easier said than done if you don't live in a city or large town - especially if you want it delivered.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I've always found that 'good' pizzas don't travel well. When I've got a pizza from Giovanni's in Malahide or Paulie's and taken it away it's never been the same, I think they taste better when they're piping hot straight from the oven. If I'm having takeaway pizza it's usually from Pizza Dog or Apache.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Can't stand Apache pizza. Was violently ill the second and last time I ate it.

In my town there are two pizzerias: Apache Pizza with their frozen imported base and a traditional Italian one where they hand roll the bases. No competition in my mind even if the proper pizzeria is a few euro more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

Normally have mizzoni a tenner for a 16" can't go wrong. Not a fan of dominos but had it recently with a 40% off code that's the only reason we got it really dont understand the fuss about it and I despise wedges.

Had apache recently from from sallynoggin and it was disgusting, pizza had a horrible taste off the sauce and even the chips and tenders tasted bland. My husband who is like a human dustbin even thought it was horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

We regulary get two €5.00 meal deals = two pizza (not sure what size but at least 9") with peperoni & cajun chicken toppings, two chips & two cans of coke delivered for €10.00, think that's pretty good value

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

I order from Apache quite regularly and I have never been disappointed.

I normally order from the branch in Drumcondra, but have also had pizza from the branches in Balbriggan, Batchelors Walk and Dame Street

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Denis322

My local apache is run by a chinese restaraunt, so a fair bit of pick and mixing going on when I go in :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

Of all the chains,Apache seems to be the most inconsistent.What is nice in one is revolting in another.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

El_Drago wrote: »
    Of all the chains,Apache seems to be the most inconsistent.What is nice in one is revolting in another.
    Maybe they have less control over the franchisees, I am not sure if the other junkmail outlets are franchises. I read some McDonalds here are franchises while some are owned by mcdonalds, I would expect better quality from the mcdonalds owned ones.
    daRobot wrote: »
    While Sallynoggin was appalling.
    Duvetdays wrote: »
    Had apache recently from from sallynoggin and it was disgusting, pizza had a horrible taste off the sauce and even the chips and tenders tasted bland
    The sallynoggin one is strange, its 2 takeaways in one, a Chinese and an apache.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

wonder could you ask for the curry sauce from the chinese to be used instead of tomato sauce as the pizza base?

Advertisement