Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tinker Tipping

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Tom_Cruise wrote: »
    You can do stuff to people and not be seen/caught. You just have to be clever about it that's all.

See you said people, these lot don't come into that bracket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Travellers
    Know all their rights
    But none of their responsibilities.

wellboytoo wrote: »
    Travellers
    Know all their rights

Above and beyond all laws and always the victims.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Travellers
    Know all their rights

Gas how things have changed over the last few years.

First up, traveller rights groups were complaining about the settled communitys' reluctance to allow travellers to intergrate into wider society.

When this was accepted and we began to move to closer integration, the travellers rights groups started to move the goals posts (so to speak) and insisted that travellers cannot be held accountable for certain things becauses it part of their culture. In other words, travellers don't want to be treated equally, they want to be treated differently and more important than the rest of us.

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    Gas how things have changed over the last few years.

First up, traveller rights groups were complaining about the settled communitys' reluctance to allow travellers to intergrate into wider society.

When this was accepted and we began to move to closer integration, the travellers rights groups started to move the goals posts (so to speak) and insisted that travellers cannot be held accountable for certain things becauses it part of their culture. In other words, travellers don't want to be treated equally, they want to be treated differently and more important than the rest of us.

Culture my hole, it's only an excuse to flout the law and be complete and utter scumbags.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I would like to give a friendly reminder that discrimination will be punished.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭eirator

Its really strange that the travellers should dump their rubbish because the council takes it away for them for free - honest!

I was talking to a litter warden about it because the travellers even managed to turn that into a scam. The travellers would knock on peoples doors and take away the rubbish and get paid for doing so then they'd dump it in with their own rubbish which was taken away for free by the council. The litter warden used to check some of the bags for letters addressed to non travellers so he could stop them doing it - brave man.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

eirator wrote: »
    Its really strange that the travellers should dump their rubbish because the council takes it away for them for free - honest!

In other words the council clean up after their mess and are too scared to fine them for littering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

I would like to give a friendly reminder that discrimination will be punished.

point taken and expected as these threads only go one way.could it be argued that travellers discriminate against settled people? for another thread, I'm bowing out of this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭eirator

Mooley22 wrote: »
    In other words the council clean up after their mess and are too scared to fine them for littering

No I'm saying that the travellers near where I am in Waterford get their bin bags picked up by the council for free.

I think its so the council don't have to clean up after their mess.

Its just what the litter warden told me and I don't see that he'd be making it up.

• Advertisement

point taken and expected as these threads only go one way.could it be argued that travellers discriminate against settled people? for another thread, I'm bowing out of this one.

Agreed just got an infraction for an innocuous post, the mods here are more interested in being PC than letting people speak the truth, time they grew a set to be honest and stopped protecting the underbelly of society that have terrorised our country for decades.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I'm afraid like every other traveler related thread, its a disaster from the very start and as such, I am afraid we will have to be locking it. I fully understand the concerns and anger felt by people, especially the OP, but I think you have got your answer and so its the right time to lock this thread.

For the record, its not being 'PC'. Have a rant about other sections of our community in a similar fashion, and the discussion would be locked. This isn't the place to have such a discussion either. The original post has been addressed as far as Boards can help.

As always, you can PM if you have any questions or concerns related to this.

Topic Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement