Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line rental + renting

Options
  • 24-04-2013 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭

I am wondering who pays the line rental when renting a house, the tenant or the landlord ?

Their was suppose to be an internet connection in a house my friend moved into but there was no phone line in the house, its now fitted and eircom want 25 euro a month for a year to active the line.
    Thats a fair chunk or money so who has to pay this

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Tenant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

What about the advert for the house saying there was an internet connection in the House?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I would normally say a phone line connection would be the tenant's responsibility but if you were told there was Internet before you moved in, and there wasn't, then you should really take this up with the Landlord.

I did and he said its up to me
    I don't mind paying if its right to do so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Hm..he shouldn't have said the apartment came with Internet then.
    I doubt this will be sorted out, so you'll probably just have to pay for it all yourself.
    But if you move out, make sure you cancel the contract with Eircom (or whoever you're signing up with). Why should the LL benefit from you getting it installed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Unless its specifically written into the lease that the internet is included in the rental price I dont think you have any case unfortunately.

If you can get UPC then take a look at them; quite a bit cheaper than the likes of Eircom and you will get a far quicker internet service for about half the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

fussyonion wrote: »
    Hm..he shouldn't have said the apartment came with Internet then.

Too many landlords do say this in adverts unfortunately. I rang about a place before that advertised as TV included, and when quizzed about it the landlord said that he meant that there was a UPC point for tenants to get the service. He got quite irate when I pointed out that his ad was extremely misleading and boardering on false advertising.

djimi wrote: »
    false advertising.

I hate this ****

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

You should remind him that its in the advert and could he cover the cost of the cheapest package and you will pay the rest.

If you're there short term don't put it in your name because there is a cancellation fee.

Advertisement