Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good places doing accupunture in Dungarvan or wtareford area?...

Options
  • 24-04-2013 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

And how much is it to get a treatment, I wonder would they give 1st treatment free...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Don't waste your money. Accupunture is a pseudo science treatment. This is taken from the New England Journal of Medicine.
    http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/index.php/nc/
    "As noted above, the most recent wellpowered clinical trials of acupuncture for chronic low back pain showed that sham acupuncture was as effective as real acupuncture. The simplest explanation of such findings is that the specific therapeutic effects of acupuncture, if present, are small, whereas its clinically relevant benefits are mostly attributable to contextual and psychosocial factors, such as patients’ beliefs and expectations, attention from the acupuncturist, and highly focused, spatially directed attention on the part of the patient."
    Translation – acupuncture does not work, the only effect is a plecebo effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

Had gout for years. Had two sessions @ €40 each with Dave Hackett in Waterford city. Best money ever spent. That was two years ago & gout free since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Dungarvan Alternative Health Clinic on Main St. Dungarvan, my wife has been going there for back and hip pain and has had some relief from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MaxCharlie

South West clinic in the city. a guy called dia I had tinitus until he treated me. doctors and constant could offer no help.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭duinegorm

Could I ask you about the tinnitus? I'm starting to get it occasionally. It really drives me crazy. Did it take long for him to cure it and how much did it end up costing? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MaxCharlie

I had it in both ears and after 1 session I had refief and he was treating me for other things. it was like getting new ears. he changed 40 euro session or 12 sessions for 250. the session are usually very close together within a few days each. and the session could last only 10 minutes. I would recommend 1 session and see how you get on. dia is a little bit different and his method is not to everyones liking.

Advertisement