Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cash Encounters

Options
  • 24-04-2013 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭

Hi guys there on monday i picked up a 2nd hand 3DS in cash encounters in town and everything looked ok with it and went hope plugged it in to charge and well it did not charge so had to bring it back and it took about a good bit for them to believe me there was a problem and to change it for another 3DS this was in the space of a HOUR
    To make it worse the 3DS is now for sale again in the window

Then charged up the new 3DS and found out that there was major problems with the screen the 3D wasn't working and with the 3D of i was barely able to see anything with the 2 games i tried on it. Like i was getting the kind of picture when you took a photo of a old CRT TV and it crashed on me a few times as well

So today i went into town to get a refund as i was not happy that i have gotting 2 brooking 3DS in a row and i did not wont another one from the shop because of this

Went in and my god i near have gotting giving out to by a owner of a shop so much in my life. I told him that i was not happy that the 3DS is brooking explained what is wrong with it and also told him the screen on top is very lose from the main body and the owner grabbed it out of my hands and with force pushed it up and down and said there is notting wrong with that and i just my money back now as i had to take some time of college today to return it. Basically he raised his voice at my and begin to point his finger right in my face at pointed to his sign on the wall no refunds !!!.

I replied with thats not aloud in Irish law and his reply was when you buy something in here you take our terms on a item !!!.

I told him if you dont stop pointing your finger at me and lower your voice i will call the gerda on you as i am very imtemadated by you over this. He replied with your the one shooting at me

I replied with i am manager myself and i would never dare speak to anyone like that in my work place as there will be no one in the place if i acted like you.

He then replied we have to test out the item to see if it works and we will need at lest a hour i was like ok i give you the our and told him i will be back in a hour
    Went anyway to the shop the owner is not there and went out for something to eat and got the other guy working in the shop and told me not refunding you as there is notting wrong with it !!!.

Like i am only posting this as i never have been so imtemadated with trying to return a brooking item to a shop and i quite upset over the matter as if acted like that to anyone in my workplace i would be out the door. I am just posting this as we are trying to get people to shop in waterford but this makes you not to support your local shops
    Sorry for a few bad layouts and miss spellings as i have dyslexia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Despot Dan

You did your best, keep up the good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Contact the national consumer agency!

http://www.nca.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭Bards

Hi guys there on monday i picked up a 2nd hand 3DS in cash encounters in town and everything looked ok with it and went hope plugged it in to charge and well it did not charge so had to bring it back and it took about a good bit for them to believe me there was a problem and to change it for another 3DS this was in the space of a HOUR
    To make it worse the 3DS is now for sale again in the window

Then charged up the new 3DS and found out that there was major problems with the screen the 3D wasn't working and with the 3D of i was barely able to see anything with the 2 games i tried on it. Like i was getting the kind of picture when you took a photo of a old CRT TV and it crashed on me a few times as well

So today i went into town to get a refund as i was not happy that i have gotting 2 brooking 3DS in a row and i did not wont another one from the shop because of this

Went in and my god i near have gotting giving out to by a owner of a shop so much in my life. I told him that i was not happy that the 3DS is brooking explained what is wrong with it and also told him the screen on top is very lose from the main body and the owner grabbed it out of my hands and with force pushed it up and down and said there is notting wrong with that and i just my money back now as i had to take some time of college today to return it. Basically he raised his voice at my and begin to point his finger right in my face at pointed to his sign on the wall no refunds !!!.

I replied with thats not aloud in Irish law and his reply was when you buy something in here you take our terms on a item !!!.

I told him if you dont stop pointing your finger at me and lower your voice i will call the gerda on you as i am very imtemadated by you over this. He replied with your the one shooting at me

I replied with i am manager myself and i would never dare speak to anyone like that in my work place as there will be no one in the place if i acted like you.

He then replied we have to test out the item to see if it works and we will need at lest a hour i was like ok i give you the our and told him i will be back in a hour
    Went anyway to the shop the owner is not there and went out for something to eat and got the other guy working in the shop and told me not refunding you as there is notting wrong with it !!!.

Like i am only posting this as i never have been so imtemadated with trying to return a brooking item to a shop and i quite upset over the matter as if acted like that to anyone in my workplace i would be out the door. I am just posting this as we are trying to get people to shop in waterford but this makes you not to support your local shops
    Sorry for a few bad layouts and miss spellings as i have dyslexia

Take him to the small claims court

http://www.courts.ie/courts.ie/Library3.nsf/PageCurrentWebLookUpTopNav/Small%20Claims%20Procedure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

stuff goes to pawn 2nd hand shops for a reason , its fcuked! try buying new less hastle & a guarantee

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Hoffmans wrote: »
    stuff goes to pawn 2nd hand shops for a reason , its fcuked! try buying new less hastle & a guarantee

Spot on. I personally would never buy a second hand electrical item from these type of shops. You never really know how many times they have been charged, dropped, rebooted etc.
    Great for certain items but not electrical for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

happened to myself and a few friends a few years back.. cash converters was on oconnel street..
    the lads got a dvd player and brought it up to the apartment.. it was brand new, in a box and sealed.

didnt work.. we eventually persuaded them to change it for another one.. that didnt work either.
    then we were offered a free dvd player by another friend.. he had it lying up taking up space.

when we brought back the dvd player they point blank refused to refund so we rang the garda who advised us to get on to citizens advice who told us of the 3 R's

Repair, Replace and Refund.

The are obliged to preform all 3.

We got our money back.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Moving to Consumer Issues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

What happened with this? Did you get one that works?

Small claims all the way unless you do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Media999 wrote: »
    What happened with this? Did you get one that works?

Small claims all the way unless you do.

The standards around mercantile quality are lower when applied to secondhand goods. You would want to check it out first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

The standards around mercantile quality are lower when applied to secondhand goods. You would want to check it out first.
    http://www.nca.ie/nca/second-hand
    When you buy a second-hand item from someone who is selling it as part of their business, you have a similar set of rights as when you buy a new item. However, your rights very much depend on what you paid for the item.

Goods must be fit for the purpose for which they are sold. They must be as described to you and must be of a quality as can be expected, given the price paid for it. However, you cannot expect second-hand goods to be of the same standard as new products.

Second-hand goods are “sold as seen”, so there may be some fault, imperfection or wear and tear. You need to examine the goods carefully and ask the seller to point out any imperfections. Where necessary, for example buying a car or antique furniture, get an expert opinion.

If the item turns out to be faulty, you have the right to return it to the shop where you bought it and ask for a replacement, a repair or a refund.

http://www.nca.ie/nca/faulty-goods

• Advertisement
Advertisement