Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GU10 bulbs

Options
  • 24-04-2013 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭

I live in a rented apartment with about 30 GU10 bulbs in it.
    Could anyone recommend a place to get these cheap? I don't think I quite want to spend the money changing them to LEDs as I don't know how long I'm going to stay here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Could anyone recommend a place to get these cheap?

Find someone who is changing to LEDs and throwing out their bulbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Scouserfan

fjon wrote: »
    Could anyone recommend a place to get these cheap? I don't think I quite want to spend the money changing them to LEDs as I don't know how long I'm going to stay here.

I have lots of these bulbs ( used) and will take small money for same. Message me for my number

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Scouserfan wrote: »
    I have lots of these bulbs ( used) and will take small money for same. Message me for my number

If they are used..then you should be giving them to the OP for FREE.

FFS like.:eek::(

Thats what I did a while ago with alot of them,when I changed over to Philips LEDs.

ardmacha wrote: »
    Find someone who is changing to LEDs and throwing out their bulbs.

+1.....:)

fjon wrote: »

OP...if you post this thread and ask in the electrical section,then hopefully someone (many sparks over there) will sort you out with some used GU10s for free...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1018

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

euro shops have them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭fjon

Cheers guys!

Would love to upgrade to LEDs so I don't need to change the bulbs every few weeks, but can't justify the price especially as I don't own the place! I've seen some in Dealz that might be worth getting though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭Soarer

Swap to LED, but keep the ones you have.
    Then if/when you move out, swap them out again and bring your LEDs with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭fjon

Soarer wrote: »
    Swap to LED, but keep the ones you have.
    Then if/when you move out, swap them out again and bring your LEDs with you.

Yes, but there's no guarantee that the next place I live in will have LEDs. Replacing all 30 lights looks like it will cost me in the region of €150, unless good LEDs can be had for less than €5 each?

Advertisement