Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knowing when a cheque has cleared

Options
  • 24-04-2013 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭

I lodged an AIB cheque into my account last Friday.  The cheque still hasn't cleared, but the correct balance appears on my account when I look at it online. 

My question is, is there anyway to determine when the cheque has cleared and the funds are available for me to withdraw as normal, or do I just take it as granted that the cheque will clear 5 days later, which would be this coming Friday, if I am correct.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi StompToWork, 

Thanks for taking the time to post. 

There isn't any indicator online to show if a cheque has cleared on an account however if you go through the motions of paying a bill or money transfer on 365 online, it will show you "Available Funds". This figure is a cleared balance and is what is available to withdraw. 

With an AIB cheque lodged last Friday, the funds should be available to you this Friday.

Hope this helps and please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. 

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭StompToWork

Cheers Billy.  I had a look at that and see what you mean.  Not the most intuitive way of determining what has been cleared, but it does appear to work.

Advertisement