Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice UK (Season 9)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

... that was an ambiguous message for Jordan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Surprised Myles is gone but they really screwed up. Fair play to the girls, they smashed that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

My worst nightmare-going into an interview & seeing Claude from the Apprentice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭dcmm

Yea! Claude frightened me even in that clip:eek: He really would give you the skitters and frighten the s--- outa you.I'd love to out manouvre him verbally with a whispered epithet:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

Ah can't wait for the interviews, they never fail to make me laugh! Remember Stuart Braggs interview with Margaret? did I understand Jordans plan right, its reliant on a third person being involved? can't imagine him making it past next week if so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Lord Sugar has to have some idea of what their business plans are... Otherwise he'd risk firing the person with the best plan and the best profit surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

He must have an idea of each business plan already. Maybe not great detail, but he'd know and probably has spoken with advisers which are the best ones. I think this 3rd party thing with Jordan is just a handy excuse to get rid of him/create drama. If it was that much of a deal breaker, he should never have gotten past the application stage.

The guys approach was awful last night. Only Neil had his head screwed on and did enough to keep the blame away from him.

How many get fired next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

Bacchus wrote: »

3 will be fired next week - bringing it down to the final 2...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

My own uninformed guess at final two: Neil and Francesca.

I'm gonna say Neil and Luisa in the final 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,478 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Sugar probably reckoned he couldn't manipulate Myles enough if he went into business with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Surprised no-one mentioned the "You're basically a parasite - this interview is terminated" preview for next week. Any-one have a theory who that is?

I'm thinking(or hoping) its Luisa. The way she took out Jason was quite under handed.

Im also wondering if its Jordan. That he wants to start a tech start up and he's not a techy, and he wants to use this other person to do all the important work, and yet he will be a partner with Lord Sugar. Just a thought.

Bacchus wrote: »
    He must have an idea of each business plan already. Maybe not great detail, but he'd know and probably has spoken with advisers which are the best ones. I think this 3rd party thing with Jordan is just a handy excuse to get rid of him/create drama. If it was that much of a deal breaker, he should never have gotten past the application stage.

The guys approach was awful last night. Only Neil had his head screwed on and did enough to keep the blame away from him.

They need to keep one candidate that will be ripped apart in the interview, I think it will be Jordan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

LizT wrote: »
    They need to keep one candidate that will be ripped apart in the interview, I think it will be Jordan.

I'm hoping it's Leah. She just comes across as so aggressive all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Really enjoyed last nights episode, best one in a while. The girls did great and seemed to work well together. All bitchness was forgotten about.
    Looking forward to interviews next week, for the final I think it could be Francesca and luisa. Not a big fan of Neil, but he could be in it also.

Aww!

Leah just tweeted me and favourite'd the tweet I sent her.

This has made my day. Which is saying something considering I haven't a cent until next Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭dcmm

Not being privy to their cv's,or private life, it's hard to assess the winner yet.The Famous Five are rounded up and preparing for the final battle. 1.Neil- strong mentally, verbally,young eager,strong salesman,bad decision buying wrong goods last task

2.Jordan- clever,eager, good talker decision making hesitant, under pressure may crack early

3.Louisa- brash,tough,shouts liberally when under pressure,thinking her posh drawl
    will cow her inferiors to melt and submit to her demands.Not a nice person to be with or trust.shouter

4.Francesca- Apart from not tasting her own food,she hasn't slipped up much.Good to keep in control under pressure,good control over her verbal output at all times.But what is her strength apart from being well in control of herself? seether

5.Leah- Good talker,average saleswoman, clever in which field? Pouter
    wild uneducated guess at winner;NEIL. that'll be tuppence halfpenny please:)

Since the format changed to Lord Sugar investing in a business, it's almost impossible to predict who will win.

The best candidate won't win if their business plan is only mediocre.

LizT wrote: »
    Since the format changed to Lord Sugar investing in a business, it's almost impossible to predict who will win.

The best candidate won't win if their business plan is only mediocre.

Presumably the business plans have all been reviewed in some way shape or form. It would be too much of a risk for both Lord Sugar and the BBC to just blindly let the candidates pitch any idea. Bespoke products could really be designer babies, and aggressive takeovers could translate to "I want to invade Canada".

I'd say when they get the applications they select on a number of criteria, including selecting some interesting personalities. Any candidates with illegal, immoral or simply too small fry get rejected. I'd say there were a couple of people with decent ideas who were as dull as dish water, and they get a separate chance at pitching their idea to Lord Sugar.

I reckon Dragons Den is the same. I know "the rules of the Den dictate...", but I'd say quite a few people with decent ideas but who were looking for too much money or were offering too little stake got a phone call from a Dragons business developer a few days later.

dcmm wrote: »
    Not being privy to their cv's,or private life, it's hard to assess the winner yet.The Famous Five are rounded up and preparing for the final battle. 1.Neil- strong mentally, verbally,young eager,strong salesman,bad decision buying wrong goods last task

2.Jordan- clever,eager, good talker decision making hesitant, under pressure may crack early

3.Louisa- brash,tough,shouts liberally when under pressure,thinking her posh drawl
    will cow her inferiors to melt and submit to her demands.Not a nice person to be with or trust.shouter

4.Francesca- Apart from not tasting her own food,she hasn't slipped up much.Good to keep in control under pressure,good control over her verbal output at all times.But what is her strength apart from being well in control of herself? seether

5.Leah- Good talker,average saleswoman, clever in which field? Pouter
    wild uneducated guess at winner;NEIL. that'll be tuppence halfpenny please:)

Leah's a good talker? I wish she'd talk an awful lot less.
    ails on a blackboard are more appealing than her abominable accent.

• Advertisement

Heroditas wrote: »
    Leah's a good talker? I wish she'd talk an awful lot less.
    ails on a blackboard are more appealing than her abominable accent.
    Nobodys accent can appeal to everyone. What exactly is the Apprentice program on monday night about?

guttenberg wrote: »
    Nobodys accent can appeal to everyone. What exactly is the Apprentice program on monday night about?

Huyhe ore yuyhe?

Sorry, trying to wite her accent phonetically. :D

The programme on Monday is just a review of the 5 characters left, looking at their backgrounds and performance to date.

syklops wrote: »
    Aww!

Leah just tweeted me and favourite'd the tweet I sent her.

This has made my day. Which is saying something considering I haven't a cent until next Friday.

What sis you say to her, or is it not printable?? :pac:

keano_afc wrote: »
    What sis you say to her, or is it not printable?? :pac:

/me smiles with a glint in his eye.

No really I just said good luck for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭MightyMighty737

Can't see the appeal of Jordan at all. He doesn't do much of anything and has on over inflated ego. Far as I can see he's clung onto the coat tails of the other lads and got away with it so far. Thought he was going to get sick in the boardroom last week. Wouldn't be surprised if he cried in the interview this week.

Louissa is hard to listen to and in a lot of weeks I got th impression Karen couldn't stand her. She's lightened up on her in recent weeks - wonder if that was so she coul be shown up at interview. They showed a clip where Claude terminated the interview with someone, I think toxic was the word he used, my money is on it being Louissa who was involved.

Think it's Neil's to lose with Leah as the dark horse. Don't think Francesca has shown much at all to impress over the others.

Surprise Myles collapsed in the last two weeks, he had been so impressive in the first seven or so weeks and remarkable experience.

Can't see the appeal of Jordan at all. He doesn't do much of anything and has on over inflated ego. Far as I can see he's clung onto the coat tails of the other lads and got away with it so far. Thought he was going to get sick in the boardroom last week. Wouldn't be surprised if he cried in the interview this week.

Louissa is hard to listen to and in a lot of weeks I got th impression Karen couldn't stand her. She's lightened up on her in recent weeks - wonder if that was so she coul be shown up at interview. They showed a clip where Claude terminated the interview with someone, I think toxic was the word he used, my money is on it being Louissa who was involved.

Think it's Neil's to lose with Leah as the dark horse. Don't think Francesca has shown much at all to impress over the others.

Surprise Myles collapsed in the last two weeks, he had been so impressive in the first seven or so weeks and remarkable experience.

The bit I heard from the interviews was "You're basically a parasite. This interview is terminated". Wow. So can't wait! I, also, think it might be Luisa, but I also wonder about Jordan. We heard in the last episode that he wants to do a Tech Startup but he isn't a techie. I wonder will he want to hire some programmers who do the work, but he does the fluffy marketing/sales and gets the credit and the dividends. That constitutes parasitic in my book.

Here's a question some of you may know the answer to. When was this filmed? I mean, we had a preview to this weeks episode last week, so presumably its already been filmed. Was it filmed relatively recently? I ask, because if it was a few weeks ago and its all over, then surely a bit of detective work could quickly reveal who won?

Don't forget the special episode tonight. Probably a recap of the season so far or something.

It was filmed just before Christmas last year, most likely all filmed in November. At the time, someone who works in the building where the interviews were held tweeted a photo of the candidates from 2 floors up as they waited in the central waiting area. Also, the year Stella English won, they set up a shop for a day in the Trafford Centre(Manchester) and a friend of mine spotted Nick Hewer and the film crew and that was also around November time. That's why the women usually look very different by the time they appear with Dara O' Briain.

guttenberg wrote: »
    It was filmed just before Christmas last year, most likely all filmed in November. At the time, someone who works in the building where the interviews were held tweeted a photo of the candidates from 2 floors up as they waited in the central waiting area. Also, the year Stella English won, they set up a shop for a day in the Trafford Centre(Manchester) and a friend of mine spotted Nick Hewer and the film crew and that was also around November time. That's why the women usually look very different by the time they appear with Dara O' Briain.

It must feel very weird for the contestants who didn't make it. It all happened 6 months ago, but all the media is a buzz like its happening right now.

If you scan through twitter you get a peak as to what each of the 5 finalists is doing. Do you think they leave their current jobs if they win?

I'm not quite sure how it works. Does the winner get the funding right after they finish filming, or do they not "start up" until after the whole series airs? Plus, would your employer hold your job while you went to London for filming or would you have to quit? Many of the contestants seem to have their own companies already so I suppose they'd be grand. I bet if Leah doesn't win she will forge a career as a voiceover artist:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

It used to be that the final two candidates would work in Lord Sugar's company for the few months between the end of filming and the decision to hire one of them. So the last task never really meant much. I don't know how it works now that the format is different.

Advertisement