Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renduncy procedure

Options
  • 24-04-2013 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I've heard of forthcoming redundancies through the union at my workplace. I appear to be one of the few which is being let go and its all very vague when this is going to happen. Am I entitled to written notice from my employer regarding the date that I will be let go.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,260 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I think it should be 4 weeks notice, depending on how long you worked for the company,
    i was not given any notice, receiver in Friday, finish Monday after 9 years working for company, but as part of redundancy was given 4 weeks no notice pay,of which i think is standard if no notice is given, which i preffered.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

You will be paid your contractual notice period (or if you don't have a notice period in your contract the legal minimum notice period) but their notification to you can be today with not coming in tomorrow basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mr bishi

Thanks. It looks like that's how it's going to go down.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Slasher

Advertisement