Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

battery suddenly draining!!

• 24-04-2013 8:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭

hi,

how can i check what is draining my battery? it suddenly started to drain today, for no apparent reason.
    is there some things i should check, as in whats getting used and what is working in the backround?

all help gratefully received,

regards,

ed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Are you jail broken?

If not then press and hold the home button with the power button until the Apple logo appears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭DriversEd

not jail broken, i'll try that now, thanks

I'd avoid doing a hard reset, this is specifically designed for unresponsive devices, and can cause issues with the OS (corruption etc).

go to settings, general , reset, reset all settings.
    This won't remove any content but will reset all settings preferences.

It will rule out a software/setting config problem.
    Failing that your battery would be the cause itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

mad muffin wrote: »
    Are you jail broken?

If not then press and hold the home button with the power button until the Apple logo appears.

Just curios why you wouldn't advise a reset if it was jb?

I'd avoid doing a hard reset, this is specifically designed for unresponsive devices, and can cause issues with the OS (corruption etc).

go to settings, general , reset, reset all settings.
    This won't remove any content but will reset all settings preferences.

It will rule out a software/setting config problem.
    Failing that your battery would be the cause itself.

Are you kidding me? First step in tech support 9/10 times is restart whatever it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

guil wrote: »
    Just curios why you wouldn't advise a reset if it was jb?

With jailbreaking so many things can cause battery drain a reset might not do anything.

Are you kidding me? First step in tech support 9/10 times is restart whatever it is.

Sounds like you are confusing a restart with a hard reset.
    A hard reset is like killing the power to a pc while on, not good.
    A restart is to hold the power button, and slide to power off.
    I work in iOS tech support, and we never recommend it, only as a last resort to a device not responding.

Sounds like you are confusing a restart with a hard reset.
    A hard reset is like killing the power to a pc while on, not good.
    A restart is to hold the power button, and slide to power off.
    I work in iOS tech support, and we never recommend it, only as a last resort to a device not responding.
    I'm not confusing anything. Great tech support alright when you don't realise what your describing as a restart turns the phone off. What you never recommend fixes most problems or glitches with iOS

I'm not confusing anything. Great tech support alright when you don't realise what your describing as a restart turns the phone off. What you never recommend fixes most problems or glitches with iOS

Switching the phone off and on is restarting the device.
    Holding the home and power buttons is hard resetting the device.
    When you say it fixes most glitches, switching the device on and off, and resetting all settings will cure most issues anyway.
    As I said, doing a hard reset can cause issues with the OS so should be used as a last resort.

Advertisement