Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Galway Data Integrity Issues

• 24-04-2013 8:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭

Hey all, I've noticed for the past few weeks that many of my downloads are failing checksum validation. For example it took me several attempts to download valid Linux ISOs, eventually I got one that could pass binary checksum validation. I've tried across many different machines, operating systems, etc, including direct connections to modem. It seems like data integrity is being lost along the way. Fine for an MP4 or MP3, but when you're trying to download something like an OS installer, it won't fly. Is this one of these "sure bobby, where have you been!, the whole thing has been gone to f*ck for weeks" sort of things. Or "bobby it's you, FFS, reboot your modem". I have rebooted my modem (twice in fact). The first time because it made sense to, and the second time because I was tired after a long day and forgot that I had already done that.

Advertisement