Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ECDL/MOS jobs?

Options
  • 24-04-2013 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Hi hope this is the right forum, can anyone tell me what kinda jobs can you get with ECDL and MOS quailifications? Any help would be brilliant. Thank you. :-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Trisha XxX wrote: »
    Hi hope this is the right forum, can anyone tell me what kinda jobs can you get with ECDL and MOS quailifications? Any help would be brilliant. Thank you. :-)

I'd say knowing how to use a computer and Microsoft Office would be a minimum requirement for "any" office job, including receptionist, office manager, office administration, etc.

You may need some form of business course for office jobs in finance, eg. credit controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mach1982

I'm not being rude but the ECDL is NOT real computing, if want be a secretary then your fine , if you want to do serious computing learn a language like Java, PHP , JavaScricp, HTML5 ect ( no relation to Java) , or switch to Linux

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Why suggest Linux or a programming language without having an inkling of what the op is thinking about?

And by the way it wasn't just ECDL but also MOS which is a lot more advanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

MOS should be a good starting point for a 1st level support job in a internal helpdesk, but you will find that a degree is valued more in comparison. Your ECDL doesn't mean much.

MOS should be a good starting point for a 1st level support job in a internal helpdesk, but you will find that a degree is valued more in comparison. Your ECDL doesn't mean much.

I do agree, although having MOS should put you in contention to train people albeit with a bit experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

petes wrote: »
    I do agree, although having MOS should put you in contention to train people albeit with a bit experience.

Interesting, I hadn't considered the internal training side of it. You would want something to show that you have the ability to both create and teach the subject material though.

Interesting, I hadn't considered the internal training side of it. You would want something to show that you have the ability to both create and teach the subject material though.

They are plentiful which is unfortunate as its easy to get something that at least shows on paper that you are competent.. Me, I have a train the trainer certificate :pac: Got it years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Trisha XxX

Wow thanks guys im not looking to go further with a degree or anything I wouldnt be into java or anything just an office job I want to save to go to college, I had an interview with a place last year and they told me if I had ECDL they would have hired me so :P Thanks :)

Advertisement