Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The children village - opinions

Options
  • 24-04-2013 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi

I'm looking for pre-school for my little lad (4 y),
    What do you think (as a parents) about "The children village" in Balbriggan?
    Any opinions, disadvantages, advantages?
    Its hard decision to pick good on, I'll appreciate any help.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Lisa Brown

hi there, i was actually thinking the same as you. my two girls would start very soon in the creche. i thought that children village looked the best. very clean an professional. hope the girls are happy there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Mods, if I shouldn't put this here ,Im sorry please feel free to remove but it is on the public domain.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/owner-of-filthy-creche-avoids-court-conviction-25967697.html

It was some time ago , but might help the OP with their questions.

i was very surprised reading that article. the creche in balbriggan was very professional. the building was new and built for the purpose. i went three times, no appointment needed, and i was shown the installations each time. children seemed happy. everything was spotless. no overcrowded and enough staff.
    I'll still bring my girls there but I'll definitely have an eye on the girls. definitely. many thanks sharing that article.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

As a kranky mam/ over anxious mam questions I ask are..
    What's the qualifications of the person minding my childish go with no less them level 6. Or level 5 and training for level 6.

What's the ratio of child:adult

Are all adults qualified to level5/6
    Can you have a copy of policy's such as disapline proceeded to review so you know you both have the same thinking.
    I hate when kids are put to time out facing a wall ,alone for something trival and you only find out when they are upset .
    Things like biteing are common among kids that age 2-4 .
    Do they separate according to age ?
    2 year olds wouldn't progress well with bigger 4 year olds .
    That would be my minimum .then asking questions like you did on boards .
    HTH cathy

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭kaisersoze

I've had 2 of my kids in Children's Village doing pre-school and given its purpose built and the staff are brilliant.
    Can't complain about it at all.
    Its probably one of the best around.
    With regards to Cathy's post, I would imagine Geraldine has learned a lot since her run in back in 2005.
    There was never a sign of anything wrong in my childrens 2 years there.
    Good luck with it.

• Advertisement

Thanks. I feel much better. I just got a very nice feeling from this creche. The girls start pretty soon. Fingers cross.

Hi,
    My girls are in Children Village for the last two months, and I can say that they bent over my children. It is a very good creche, I would recomend it to anyone. Staff are very friendly, not very strict but accomodating to each child needs.

I am very happy my children are there.

Advertisement