Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disgusting pictures linked from Conspiracy Theories

Options
  • 24-04-2013 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭

Hi there -

This post on the CT forum links to some disgusting pictures from the Boston bombings, showing graphic images of people who lost limbs and suffered from shrapnel wounds from the bombs, their blood everywhere. I sent a message using the 'report post' button 5 or 6 hours ago to draw it to the attention of the moderators, suggesting that at the very least a message should be put in the post that it links to some graphic (and disgusting) pictures, but no action has been taken.

I have, in the meantime, received a message from one of the CT forum moderators about another issue, so I'm not sure how my report was missed - unless linking to such images is acceptable on Boards.ie, in which case please ignore this message.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

This has been referred to our site administrators for further deliberation.

Thank you for your vigilance.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,712 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Apologies, I had in fact missed that. Other links containing graphic images had already been deleted, and I've since deleted another I've found. Unfortunately this one slipped through the net. An NSFW warning has now been added and on-thread warning given to all posters.

Thanks, and apologies again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

I'm going to piggyback on this thread as I suppose the topic is closely related to the thread I was going to start anyway!

I suppose i'm just wondering about the entire thread of the Boston Bombings on the Conspiracy forums, the whole thing is disgusting. Post articles/images suggesting the guy who had his legs blown off was an "actor" who used the chaos after the blast to take his prosthetic off just was too much for me so I felt I had to bring it up somewhere. I man the rest of the thread is bad enough in itself but this was just preposterous.

Is it really adding anything to Boards to allow such thread spouting such obvious drivel? I mean the majority will see it as what it is, but surely there should be some protection form yourselves from the naive/young to be exposed to this kind of nonsense?

Just would like your opinions on the thread, I really can't see how discussing obvious lies and graphic, offensive photographs where people were killed/maimed is of value to the site.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    I'm going to piggyback on this thread as I suppose the topic is closely related to the thread I was going to start anyway!

I suppose i'm just wondering about the entire thread of the Boston Bombings on the Conspiracy forums, the whole thing is disgusting. Post articles/images suggesting the guy who had his legs blown off was an "actor" who used the chaos after the blast to take his prosthetic off just was too much for me so I felt I had to bring it up somewhere. I man the rest of the thread is bad enough in itself but this was just preposterous.

Is it really adding anything to Boards to allow such thread spouting such obvious drivel? I mean the majority will see it as what it is, but surely there should be some protection form yourselves from the naive/young to be exposed to this kind of nonsense?

Just would like your opinions on the thread, I really can't see how discussing obvious lies and graphic, offensive photographs where people were killed/maimed is of value to the site.

As disgusting as a thread like that is, it's the nature of the Conspiracy Theory forum and it's posters, and general feedback as such would be more suited to the Feedback forum. Helpdesk is more precise and targeted in what it handles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Spear wrote: »
    As disgusting as a thread like that is, it's the nature of the Conspiracy Theory forum and it's posters, and general feedback as such would be more suited to the Feedback forum. Helpdesk is more precise and targeted in what it handles.

Ok grand, will I just c+p over to that forum then?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Ok grand, will I just c+p over to that forum then?

If you wish.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement