Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow broadband speed

Options
  • 24-04-2013 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi, 

I'm posting this on behalf of my auntie in Donegal. 
    She has recently signed up for your entry level broadband but during a visit here today, I noticed the speed is very slow. I have run several speed-tests throughout the evening & the MAX download speed at any time was 0.14 Mb/s, which was just after 10.00p.m. (other speeds were 0.11-0.13 Mb/s throughout the evening)

Can someone please check out this line as these speeds are ridiculously slow? (I can get 1.63Mb/s by using my phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot using 3G)

I can supply line/account info in PM when this thread receives a reply from an eircom rep.

Thanks in advance, 

-stevek21

P.S. I've included the latest speedtest screenshot & a screenshot of a tracert to an IP of the company hosting the server in Sligo used for the speedtest

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

stevek21 wrote: »
    Hi, 

I'm posting this on behalf of my auntie in Donegal. 
    She has recently signed up for your entry level broadband but during a visit here today, I noticed the speed is very slow. I have run several speed-tests throughout the evening & the MAX download speed at any time was 0.14 Mb/s, which was just after 10.00p.m. (other speeds were 0.11-0.13 Mb/s throughout the evening)

Can someone please check out this line as these speeds are ridiculously slow? (I can get 1.63Mb/s by using my phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot using 3G)

I can supply line/account info in PM when this thread receives a reply from an eircom rep.

Thanks in advance, 

-stevek21

P.S. I've included the latest speedtest screenshot & a screenshot of a tracert to an IP of the company hosting the server in Sligo used for the speedtest
    Hi stevek21

Please PM the eircom account details to me and I will look into this issue in detail.

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭stevek21

Pm sent now. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

stevek21 wrote: »
    Pm sent now. Thanks
    Hi Stevek21

PM sent in reply

Regards

Al

Advertisement