Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trade in anywhere?!

Options
  • 24-04-2013 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

hey guys.does anyone know if three or meteor or carphone warehouse offer anything for old phones when purchasing a new one? I bought a sony experia tipo not even a year ago and its been sent away 3 times with meteor(they refuse to give me a replacement!!!)so was wondering where would take it and offer me something(even a tenner off) a new phone!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If they can't fix it insist on a replacent or refund, its your right to do so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

Carphone Warehouse just posted this on their Facebook page yesterday. But it's normally every company's policy that if the phone has been sent away three times and still not fixed it has to be replaced. Threaten them with solicitors. http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/content/Trade-Ins/603?2

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭you wha?

apparently it has to be sent away three time with the SAME problem and given its been sent awya with different problems each time,i have no choice!ive tried talking to the manager and to customer care and emailing angrily to them and nothing!at this stage i just want a phone that works :(
    thanks for the carphone warehouse info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

They're probably sending it to fonmenders :rolleyes: They're a sham.

By not persuing it you let them win, but I can understand just not wanting the hassle anymore. If you chose to though, email the NCA and give them a full timeline of what happened. In the cc box put in meteors customer care department. Should get things moving.

Advertisement