Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Citizenship

• 25-04-2013 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,
    I applied for Irish citizenship in November 2011 as spouse of Irish citizen, few weeks after I received a reply with that my application was received and I was given the application number. In July 2012 I received a letter from the citizenship section asking me for some document and they gave me 28 days to reply and I replied before the 28 days and they write back to me to confirm the receipt of the entire document. But my concern is that since then (July 2012) nothing is happen.
    I contacted the citizenship section and was told that my application is currently being processed in the normal way and that I need to wait. But because is taking so long, I’m thinking to ask the solicitor service for that matter. I don't know if that can help to speed up the process. Thanks in advance for yours advises.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

I wouldn't bother paying a solicitor, it won't do any good. You're well within the average processing time unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Was about three years before my wife got hers. Takes a good amount of time.

Advertisement