Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pistols with top rails

• 25-04-2013 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

I just ordered a WE G18 and started thinking about all the possible attachments.....
    there were too many for one gun so i decidee to split it.
    the glock is my tactical,high fire rate etc. gun
    and my 2nd is a long range ,low cap( not that it needs to be low cap its jus that low cap mags make me take my time) low fire rate pistol.
    basically i wanna mount a scope to pistol.
    a 1911 would be cool but i have no preferences cos frankly any gun with a scope is cool.
    could you name any pistols yo u know that have top rails , long barrels,
    or anything else i mentioned up there?

just found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLLiryWilhs
    KWC tanfoglio gold
    tell me if you know of any guns similar to this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

if you're really inclined to go for a scope on a pistol, then some models of Desert Eagles have a top rail, an ACOG sits on the them pretty well, nicely is another thing but it's sits there.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭lb1997

T4RGET wrote: »
    if you're really inclined to go for a scope on a pistol, then some models of Desert Eagles have a top rail, an ACOG sits on the them pretty well, nicely is another thing but it's sits there.

any DE in particluar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

lb1997 wrote: »
    any DE in particluar?

most of them i think, here this one does
    http://www.hobbyairsofter.com/Airsoft-Pistols/CO2-Pistols/Desert-Eagle-0.50AE-Co2-Blowback-Semi-Full-Auto-KWC

it may not look like a rail but the two little grooves in the top of the slide will take a ACOG

wow pretty cool and discrete, thansk for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

you could get a pistol with a lower rail and use one of these

http://www.hobbyairsofter.com/Airsoft-Accessories/Rails/Universal-Pistol-Mount-(Metal)

• Advertisement

thermo wrote: »
    you could get a pistol with a lower rail and use one of these

http://www.hobbyairsofter.com/Airsoft-Accessories/Rails/Universal-Pistol-Mount-(Metal)

yeah i came across those before, i dunno what it is about them but i like the idea of having the rail buit in like on the deagle , just looks neater.
    any guns you know that are like that? deages are nice but a bit big

mgun2red.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQA3I0T6hoSNCtMSmCfgucue6zc5-0ojXDRDd10H03Vop-iwSs7yQ

microdot1.jpg

you can replace some airsoft pistols rear sight with an adaptor and red dot sight.

mgun2red.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQA3I0T6hoSNCtMSmCfgucue6zc5-0ojXDRDd10H03Vop-iwSs7yQ

microdot1.jpg

you can replace some airsoft pistols rear sight with an adaptor and red dot sight.

cool, i assume there quite expensive?

also there not really waht im lookin for , im lookin for long range but i may actually buy one for my glock if the price is right, they look superb

they start at about $15 for the adaptor plate and you buy the optic seperate, optics start at around $40 for a decent one.

they start at about $15 for the adaptor plate and you buy the optic seperate, optics start at around $40 for a decent one.

hmm not too bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

To be honest pistols lack the range an aeg or bolty would have, now having said that some pistols have excellent range given there velocity, barrel length etc, mounting a short scope and I know the kind of look your going for would really be only there for aesthetics, having a dot sight at least you have the eye relief to a degree and nice accuracy at a short distance.

Variable zoom scopes are a debateble subject on airsoft guns due to the lack of accurate shot to shot consistency and long range, that does not stop us from buying them though and are accurate at shorter distances so at the end of the day its what tickles your pickle.

To be honest pistols lack the range an aeg or bolty would have, now having said that some pistols have excellent range given there velocity, barrel length etc, mounting a short scope and I know the kind of look your going for would really be only there for aesthetics, having a dot sight at least you have the eye relief to a degree and nice accuracy at a short distance.

Variable zoom scopes are a debateble subject on airsoft guns due to the lack of accurate shot to shot consistency and long range, that does not stop us from buying them though and are accurate at shorter distances so at the end of the day its what tickles your pickle.

what about fixed zoom scopes?
    and i think I might just go for the red dot replacement for the glock cos it looks really cool and is pretty practical.
    it just seems like quite a waste buying a new gun for a gimmick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR_-dAzsBDU
    that in tan,with a tac light. that'll be like my gun

when you say adapter plate does that mean soem guns are already adapted to fix the scope right on?

usually you remove the rear iron sight and fit the adaptor/red dot in its place.

usually you remove the rear iron sight and fit the adaptor/red dot in its place.
    oh sorry wasnt thinkin, they obviously can make the sight fit all guns with separate adapters

could you link me to one for sale?

could you link me to one for sale?

for which pistol??

g18 ,but its ok i think i found one on airsoftguns.ie: http://www.airsoftguns.ie/red-dots-sight/889-micro-doctor-red-dot-sight-reflex-scope-w-20mm-mount.html

now i need an adapter

• Advertisement

any irish sites?

you could ring your local retailer and ask them to get you one try here ;)

you could ring your local retailer and ask them to get you one try here ;)

alright wil do thanks for the help.

Advertisement