Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monaco : What's yours is mine

• 25-04-2013 12:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Seen this on STEAM and was intrigued, then I read up about it.
    Sound really really interesting, especially if you could get 3 friends playing with you

This is one of the most fun experiences that I've had with coop."
    Revision 3
    "Monaco is, simply put, unlike anything I've ever played..."
    Destructoid
    "I am here to tell you that it is EVERY BIT AS AWESOME AS YOU HAD HOPED"
    Richard Lemarchand - Lead Designer of the Uncharted series
    One of the best co-op games of all time - PC Gamer
    This is one of the most important independent games this year, and might well end up being one of the best-loved games of the decade.
    Let’s get this straight: Monaco is a fascinating, beautifully-made game. There’s some unevenness. There are some oddities. Some people won’t gel with its pace or its challenge.
    It’s brilliant
    What I am saying is: buy Monaco. Play it with people. Enjoy 2013. This year is going to be great. - Rock Paper Shotgun

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

It has been a media darling for some time now. The release date really snuck up on me.

Debating whether to get the 4-pack (PC) - but I might be able to get away with a single copy and take advantage of local coop.

Cheaper from the dev's site (activates on Steam too): [Link]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Think it's a great concept and really enjoy the sound of it. Will be purchasing shortly.

The feature piece on Polygon about the game, its creators and its development is really interesting: http://www.polygon.com/features/2013/4/18/4235608/the-long-con-schatz-monaco

🤪

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Just bought the 4 pack. Will let you know how I get on :P

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Played just under an hour! Great game! Can't wait to try co-op over the weekend. Really well thought out game. I love the sense of urgency when everything goes balls up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Played just under an hour! Great game! Can't wait to try co-op over the weekend. Really well thought out game. I love the sense of urgency when everything goes balls up :)

Have you already got 4 friends playing ?

I think I'll get it later - I'm sure I've a few people here on STEAM :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Looks like fun, I'll probably have a go of it at some point.

Nah I have the 3 spare copies sitting here til the weekend as I'm working til then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭taytothief

It does look good, think I'm going to have to pick it up over the weekend too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Heading to a friends house tomorrow for an in house LAN. Will be 4 of us there so going to pick up the 4 pack and break it out in the evening once a few beers have been put away. Hope it's as fun as it looks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

how did yous get on ? i've yet to play it with a few people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

SeantheMan wrote: »
    how did yous get on ? i've yet to play it with a few people

It never came to be unfortunately, we played shootmania pretty much all day and by the time the drinks were opened more people showed up and it was the end of gaming for the night. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Nah I have the 3 spare copies sitting here til the weekend as I'm working til then.

Sharing is caring! :D *wink wink

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Was thinking of grabbing this, are folks still playing it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

It's crazy fun, particularly when you're playing with friends. I'd recommend it, single player is fun, if a little tougher at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Rumoured to be new game modes for this on the way, though not sure if they'll be free or DLC.

Bit skint at the moment, so I'm hoping this'll be discounted in the Steam summer sale... looks great!

Advertisement