Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squawk as you see fit (Off Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Zonda999 wrote: »
    I know most people on this forum appreciate retro livery's so I thought this one was a must! One of Lufthansa's B747-8's in a retro scheme. Feast your eyes..

More on it here on airliners.net: http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/6310860/#menu77

What a beautiful bird. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 69,006 ✭✭✭✭L1011

A local councillor writing in the local rag is convinced that Weston is going to change its runway to allow 737-200 flights (and also that DUB has a 1200m runway)... How the hell do these people get elected?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭man98

L1011 wrote:
    A local councillor writing in the local rag is convinced that Weston is going to change its runway to allow 737-200 flights (and also that DUB has a 1200m runway)... How the hell do these people get elected?

I'll assume this was written before 28/10 was built... when 737-200s' destinations weren't just the Mojave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

L1011 wrote: »
    He planning on putting a portal back to the eighties at the end of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

L1011 wrote: »

By spreading patently untrue stories about controversial sensitive local issues that people are worried about :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

Just so happened to stumble upon this article from 2007. Not too sure if RTE used this image intentionally :D

xv6nQyd.png

Anyone any idea why Aer Lingus are operating the 245 LGW-DUB much later (3:55 later) than normal on both last and this coming Saturday?

Its working out extremely handy for me - I used to take the 249 back from football matches frequently when it ran on Saturdays but it hasn't for a few schedules now.

I'd originally thought it might be a positioning leg from a ski charter when I saw there was a flight available and was hoping for an empty 330 to myself but its not to be!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

GULFSTREAM G650ER CIRCUMNAVIGATES THE GLOBE IN ONE STOP
    Aircraft Flies Around The World In One Stop, Adds Two More City-Pair Records

SAVANNAH, Georgia, February 18, 2015 — Gulfstream Aerospace Corp. today announced that the G650ER recently set two city-pair records while flying around the world in one stop.
    The G650ER took off from White Plains, New York, with three passengers and four crew members on board. It flew 6,939 nautical miles/12,851 kilometers eastbound to Beijing at an average speed of Mach 0.87 for a total flight time of 13 hours and 20 minutes. The aircraft then flew eastbound 6,572 nm/12,171 km to Savannah, accomplishing the mission at an average speed of Mach 0.89 for a total flight time of 12 hours. The aircraft landed both times with fuel in excess of National Business Aviation Association instrument flight rule reserves.
    "There isn't another business jet capable of this mission," said Scott Neal, senior vice president, Worldwide Sales and Marketing, Gulfstream. "This flight proves just how powerful a machine the G650ER is. We promised customers an aircraft that could take them farther faster than any other;we delivered on that promise. The G650ER provides a combination of speed and range that is creating history and setting records."

Pending approval by the U.S. National Aeronautic Association, the city-pair records will be sent to the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale in Switzerland for recognition as world records.
    In addition to the two pending records, the G650ER set two speed records during flight testing in 2014. The aircraft flew from Los Angeles to Melbourne, Australia, in 14 hours and 58 minutes. The G650ER then flew from Hong Kong to Teterboro, New Jersey, in 14 hours and 7 minutes.
    The G650ER can travel 7,500 nm/13,890 km at Mach 0.85 and 6,400 nm/11,853 km at Mach 0.90. It has a maximum speed of Mach 0.925.
    Current G650 owners and order-holders can upgrade their original G650 to a G650ER.
    OK maybe not exactly around the equator, but its still around the world :)

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭de biz

US Lakenheath jet crash pilot made 'dude' mayday call
    A pilot who ejected from a US fighter jet moments before it was destroyed radioed a colleague to say: "Dude, I'm getting out."

The F15-D jet from RAF Lakenheath in Suffolk crashed into a field near Spalding, Lincolnshire on 8 October.

The pilot, who ejected safely, sent the message to a colleague while on a training mission.

US Department of Defense documents reveal the jet went into a flat spin at 15,000ft (4,600m) above sea level.

• Advertisement

The refit airside in Gatwick South is really rather nice. I suspect it's short on seats for busy days though.

They're definitely putting the refit work required in to back up their desire to be taken seriously and get another runway.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Jawgap wrote: »
    ....US Department of Defense documents reveal the jet went into a flat spin at 15,000ft (4,600m) above sea level..

Goose dies, Goose dies, Goose dies

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

ckeego wrote: »
    ...And you're the Moderator?

He's one of three,what's your point?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

ckeego wrote: »
    ...And you're the Moderator?

I don't get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Nim wrote: »
    I don't get it.

Me neither. It seems to have gone over our heads

lord lucan wrote: »
    He's one of three,what's your point?

His ego is writing cheques his body can't cash........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I see Ryanair are to start flying from one of the Spanish "Ghost" Airports- Castellon Costa Azahar. A little over halfways between Reus and Valencia. It opened in 2011 and the first flight was not until January gone and it was a charter. Anyway, Ryanair starting Stansted and Bristol flights in September

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/spain/9084202/Castellon-airport-Spanish-ghost-airports-unused-runway-to-be-dug-up-to-meet-regulations.html

http://ccaa.elpais.com/ccaa/2015/03/11/valencia/1426071053_292501.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

The father has been waiting for Corvera airport to open for a number of years now. It will probably end up as the above, a "ghost " airport.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭reforger

Can't post a link but there's an excellent podcast on omegataupodcast.net episode 166 flying the Concorde. Great perspective from a former BA pilot,interesting views on the 2000 Paris crash also.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 51 ✭✭GJAerLingus

Did anyone hear about the recent incident at ORD involving an Aer Lingus A330-200? I know that it was a steering problem but did they find the cause?

• Advertisement

Did anyone hear about the recent incident at ORD involving an Aer Lingus A330-200? I know that it was a steering problem but did they find the cause?
    This was reported a few weeks ago. I think it was locked nosegear and the aircraft had to be towed onto stand at ORD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

Anybody know what the loads are like on the new HEL-DUB route? I'm actually very curious as to how the route is performing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

N64 wrote: »
    Anybody know what the loads are like on the new HEL-DUB route? I'm actually very curious as to how the route is performing

I've no idea, but that Finnair are extending it to year-round is a good enough sign its doing ok I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Best bet ask in the Travel Forum. And this is off topic so off topic to keep it

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Does anyone here have a Sunday Business Post subscription? There's an article on their website (and newspaper too, possibly) about ET developing a transatlantic hub in DUB. I haven't read it because I don't have a subscription but just a heads up to anyone who does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

A380 11-abreast seating :mad:
    http://www.runwaygirlnetwork.com/2015/04/15/choice-becomes-new-paxex-curse-word-on-11-abreast-a380/

wouldn't like to be the middle passenger of 5 and the window seats look very bad aswell. Would of thought 10 in a 3-4-3 was perfect

Stealthirl wrote: »
    Would of thought 10 in a 3-4-3 was perfect
    You're obviously not an accountant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭man98

What next, selling tickets in Jump seat Class? I certainly won't want the window seat in one anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I hate when this crap happens to me...

It's not me BTW.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

thank god it was a good looking business type, imagine a smelly hippy in a promotional video .. sigh..

Advertisement